XM Sirius Announces "Best Of" Packages to be available 10/6

I think the holdup right now is based to a contractual problem with MLB. They might have to throw a financial bone to them to allow the addition, but with the current financial situation over there, I don't see it happening....

The best solution would be to buy one of those dual service tuners set to debut shortly (hopefully before Christmas), or to switch to Xm and then get the Best of Sirius to get Howard, NFL, Playboy, and NASCAR (Martha Stewart too, but I'm guessing you could care less on that front).

I was actually surprised that us XMers could get the NFL games, but I'm happy they did. I wouldn't have gotten the Best of Sirius otherwise.... I have a subscription to both right now, and I'm probably going to drop Sirius now, but the portable radar detector like Sportster I have is good for rental cars when I travel, so I'm going back and forth on keeping it....

I'd love to get the B.O.S. package but then i'd probably lose the 2 years and 2 months I have remaining on my multi year deal[locked in til xmas of 2010].

Yes, you'll loose your deal. They'll credit you for the pro-rated amount of time and try to upsell you on a new one, two or three year deal.

When they credit you can you then get the XM everything/B.O.S. package and not pay anyomre than you already have but for a shorter period of time?

Last edited:
Then that's probably what i'll do......it seems to be the prudent thing to do in case XM/Sirius go belly up before the 2 years I have left[when you see the financial troubles they're having/will have in the next year a shorter time's smart]......if my calculations are right if I switch packages I should get 16-17 months out of my prepaid package.

Last edited:
Last Friday Sirius told me that my JVC equipment was absolete and I would have to by all new "Sirius" brand equipment to get these merged XM signals. Let's see..... I have 3 car kits at $59.00 apiece, 2 home hook up kits at $49.95 a piece, the JVC receiver, modle KT-SR2000 at $59.95, plus a new hook up charge. Can anyone verifiy this? If it is true, come January Sirius is going to lose one good customer. :mad:

Any idea if XM subscribers with Best of Sirius will ever get both the home and away broadcasts of the NFL, which Sirius subscribers now have? Don't get me wrong, I love being able to now get the NFL games on XM; I'd just love it even more to get both home/away broadcasts. Also, I hope that XM will revamp their channel line-up with the new BOS channels. It is confusing having to jump around the 100-130 channel range to find the NFL games. They all need to be sequential.

Yeah, that's a sticking point with XM that has driven me nuts with MLB.... I wish they would carry both feeds.... I don't know if it is a bandwith issue (most likely) or a contractual one... but it would be nice to have both.... They postpone the policy in the playoffs and give you both feeds for MLB, but it would be nice to have both year round....

Either way, for $4 a month it is worth it to me to have access to live radio broadcasts.... I can usually get the Giant games in Central NJ ok, but when I travel to South Jersey to see the inlaws (often), I'm stuck with the Eagles...

I switched to the XM Everything/B.O.S package last night and i'm enjoying the NFL and Howard Stern channels[especially the Scott Ferall show].

I think the holdup right now is based to a contractual problem with MLB. They might have to throw a financial bone to them to allow the addition, but with the current financial situation over there, I don't see it happening....

As I understand it, XM paid a huge sum for the MLB rights. Since there isn't competition anymore, the combined entity might try to negotiate a lower price. If they threaten to drop MLB, where would MLB make up the revenue? I think the contractual problem is that Sirius-XM holding the upper-hand and wants to exercise its bargaining power.

The DC news outlets are reporting the layoffs at XM and the demise of many XM music channels. Supposedly by 11/5 we'll be listening to the Sirius channels regardless of subscription.

I've got a feeling they're going to keep making minor tweaks to the subscription packages. Eventually it's going to be the perfect argument against ala-carte programming: higher prices for everyone. Stupid me: until now I was optimistic that we'd end up with a better product at the same price.

I think all XM radios can handled the Best of Sirius. It is the Sirius radios that have the problem handling the Best of XM, the older radios have to be replaced and OEM radios are SOL.

The XMers who add The Best of Sirius are getting the better deal by far.....

NFL games, The NFL Channel, Playboy, and occasionally Howard.....

I never listen to NASCAR, Martha Stewart or any of the others.....

Football and Playboy have been getting the most play in my car....

I listen to the NFL channel and Howard 101[for Scott Ferrall]as well as English Premier League soccer as well as Champions League soccer......imho it's well worth the cost[I dumped my multi year plan for it].

I was told that since I took advantage of a promo for XM for a year for $77, I would lose that if I added the Best of Sirius.

I still think Sirius is better by far. I just wish I could get even this bit of programming on my OEM XM radio. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts