XM vs Sirius Round TWo--Rock (1 Viewer)

Hhich Service is Better for Rock

  • XM

    Votes: 26 32.9%
  • Sirius

    Votes: 47 59.5%
  • Too Close To Call

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Don't Know/Don't Care

    Votes: 2 2.5%

  • Total voters
    79
  • Poll closed .
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,093
18,536
Newington, CT
Thats because the link was posted at XMFan and the Xm Lemmings have come over to vote (of course if the link was posted on Siriusbackstage the Sirius lemmings would do the same thing)

I have both services and use to LOVE XM and Hate Sirius, but with all the changes at XM I am now enjoy Sirius more.

I must admit though the best thing XM has done lately is give us Big Tracks. This is a great station.
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Geronimo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
12,027
1,612
Well they can't have many members. We don't have all that many XM votes up there even with the link.
 

Geronimo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
12,027
1,612
I was being facetious. but thanks for the membership numbers.
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

onsiteSat

Satellite Sales/Installs
Jun 3, 2004
136
0
Glendale, AZ
As rock goes my vote goes to XM Nothing on Sirius in the rock category compares to Lucy and Ethel and having Fungus as a pure Punk channel rather than a mix channel like Faction. Also the addition of Big Tracks is a huge plus in XM's column.
 

daver40

Member
Jul 20, 2006
10
0
Scott Greczkowski said:
Thats because the link was posted at XMFan and the Xm Lemmings have come over to vote (of course if the link was posted on Siriusbackstage the Sirius lemmings would do the same thing)

I have both services and use to LOVE XM and Hate Sirius, but with all the changes at XM I am now enjoy Sirius more.

I must admit though the best thing XM has done lately is give us Big Tracks. This is a great station.


Scott, I fail to understand why you confuse fans with lemmings. You've been beating that horse for a long time now. That being said, I agree abut Big Tracks, I like the division between Big Tracks and Top Tracks, and prefer the former.

XM's deeper playlist makes the difference for me.
 

GMFreak8

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 25, 2005
268
0
Adirondacks
Scott Greczkowski said:
Thats because the link was posted at XMFan and the Xm Lemmings have come over to vote (of course if the link was posted on Siriusbackstage the Sirius lemmings would do the same thing)

I have both services and use to LOVE XM and Hate Sirius, but with all the changes at XM I am now enjoy Sirius more.

I must admit though the best thing XM has done lately is give us Big Tracks. This is a great station.

:rolleyes:
 

Sirius_Rich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2004
673
0
Houston
daver40 said:
Scott, I fail to understand why you confuse fans with lemmings. You've been beating that horse for a long time now. That being said, I agree abut Big Tracks, I like the division between Big Tracks and Top Tracks, and prefer the former.

XM's deeper playlist makes the difference for me.

Welcome to satelliteguys.us and the satellite radio forum:hatsoff:

It is rare that a new member of satelliteguys.us makes his very first post in this forum. Keep coming back. We are all about sharing information.
 

FIREBIRD81

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 21, 2005
300
0
HARD ATTACK.....and you can listen to the crickets in the XM corner for a response to that. Liquid Metal never even came close.

Those saying Sirius replays too much probably haven't had Sirius for a while. In the past several months their playlist has increased dramatically.

Bloody Roots with Ian Christie
Beyond the Pit
Contact High


The LEGENDARY KNAC 105.5 Dj's.

Sirius is every metalhead's dream.
 

Geronimo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
12,027
1,612
We will get to sports. We are taking this one type of programming at atime.
 

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
Sports on the radio in this century (as a deciding purchase factor) ?

Its a long fly ball, hes gonna tag, play at the plate! Man I wish you could see this, oh but its only radio. The music and non-video entertainment is what rules this medium as a purchase factor.
 
Last edited:

daver40

Member
Jul 20, 2006
10
0
Sirius_Rich said:
Welcome to satelliteguys.us and the satellite radio forum:hatsoff:

It is rare that a new member of satelliteguys.us makes his very first post in this forum. Keep coming back. We are all about sharing information.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on the forum and share when and where I can.
 

Geronimo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
12,027
1,612
Actually baseball is a pretty popular radio sport. It may not be what drove your purchase but I would not assume it did not drive some to purchase XM---as football might drive some to Sirius.
 

daver40

Member
Jul 20, 2006
10
0
Geronimo said:
Actually baseball is a pretty popular radio sport. It may not be what drove your purchase but I would not assume it did not drive some to purchase XM---as football might drive some to Sirius.


Baseball is the better radio sport, IMO, for many reasons. I think it does drive people to XM.
 

Geronimo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
12,027
1,612
Well that closes this one out. Sirius built an early lead, the XMErs rallied a bit but Sirius still wound up with almost 60% of the vote. A solid win for Sirius.
 

marcusrose

New Member
Jul 31, 2006
2
0
XM's rock station(s) are superior to Sirius...hands down! I got a 3 day trial online to give it a chance, and within 2 hours, I heard Guns N Roses 3 times! And the same song...Sweet Child O Mine.

Give it a rest people....

Everyone knows that XM's music content is much deeper than Sirius.
 

Geronimo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
12,027
1,612
the polls closeda week ago marcus. but you may want to look in on some of the other polls on different formats.
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top