Yep. Boot looped it already. (MircoHD)

rsa2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Arkansas, USA
Really wished I would have read some of the receiver support section before the fact... <---Cap'n Hindsight!

I put a heart beside 53W and did a scan. Got Canal 27... Decided to remove the heart beside this sat and BAM! It's all over til I can order a cable.

Such a silly mistake to cause so much trouble. I suppose if you don't delete the scanned in channel before removing the "heart" this is what you get. :eek:

Guess I'll just hook up the SV360 for now and deal with it's frustration. I really hate that thing!

Just think of all that valuable experience you're gaining. ;)

I guess I'm lucky as I got my new Micro HD last Saturday and other than having a slight problem with the composite output cable it's been a relatively trouble free experience to date. I guess my time will come though.

Yeah if you add a sat from the list delete all channels before removing it. Lesson learned! It really is a great box I am sure you will love it. I have had the Sonicview hooked up for 15 mins and already miss mine! Worst part is I have next 3 days off from work and can't play with my shiny micro! I will definetly be stalking the mailman til my cable arrives.

I can't find if this was already asked/answered so here I go.

Can this be done without a converter and just connect directly to a serial port? No usb involved? I have the seral cable that came with the Sonicview that can be butchered up if this would work.

Last edited:
I'm curious on this issue. I WONDER if the MicroHD would still boot-loop in the same scenario, IF somebody first switched to a channel on another satellite they intend to keep, before deleting the sat they wanted to delete.

In other words, if rsa2000 had switched to a different sat and channel before deleting the one that boot-looped him, my theory is that I don't think it would have boot-looped.

It's also curious that we never hear of this boot-loop issue from any other FTA receivers that use the ALI chipset, and there's quite a few of them out there. I would think there'd be a few here and there, but nothing is posted anywhere that it's happened to any receiver except the MicroHD.

Good question. When i unselected 53W and hit the exit button it was instant boot loop. I didn't have a chance to do anything else but stop and stare at it in disbelief. When you unselect a sat and hit exit it tries to move the dish and then it happens. If there was a way to program it to auto delete the channels from the list when you deselect the sat that would be ideal, but if that was as easy as said I am sure it would have been done that way. FYI I was on the June FW that came with it I never updated b/c I was scared it would bootloop... oh the irony!

The Micro is a great STB. I am in no form or fashion bashing it. All boxes have their downfalls and I am sure if I had a cable it wouldn't be an issue at all for me.

The Micro I received in the mail last Saturday has the 2013-06-26 firmware in it. I've got 48 satellites programmed in and scanned with 942 channels found.

I did run another A/B test scan this afternoon on 107W and again my old S9 found more TPs and channels than this Micro did with both boxes doing a normal scan. I think I read somewhere that this might be a firmware issue as I seem to remember someone posting that they had gone to an older version and had better scan results?

All the ones in the last few months are shipping with the June 26th 2013 firmware.

Pretty sure I've heard many times that the latest firmwares can't boot-loop. So I wonder why they are? It still goes back to the MicroHD seemingly being the only ALI receiver that boot-loops.

That just plain doesn't make sense, but if true, there has to be a reason why that can be really fixed for good.

Cable arrived! Downloaded prolific driver and uploaded .udf. It Lives!!!

Thank you to all who was involved! Lesson learned... even if you don't think you will need the cable... GET THE CABLE!!!! ;)

I looped mine in the first 20 minutes and was really upset about it (looped it by horsing around w/ the Cband lists).
Since then, Ive only stayed on the KU side and played hard with the receiver... scanning, adding, deleting, more scanning etc
without any issues since.

Judging by the first post, is it possible playing with the C settings is the source of the looping?

Cheers, K

Very Happy to hear you got it going again with ease!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)