YESTERDAY USA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcourt

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
I have finally set up my new FTA system! I pick up everything fine, but have been unable to get Yesterday USA. LyngSat lists it at: Galaxy 17 12050 V 13354 APID: 1620. Has anyone had any luck with this channel?

Yes its working. I'm listening to the Six Shooter with Jimmy Stewart right now. The only difference in my numbers is that I use a symbol rate of 13350. I'm not sure if that matters much but it works on my two Fortec receivers off a dual LNBF.

Are you seeing anything on the transponder?

Have you tried to add the channel manually?

What receiver are you using?

what receiver?

As noted in a couple other threads the audio is embedded in a scrambled channel so scan the whole transponder and it will be there. Otherwise depending on receiver manually add the info via PID scan

video-1160
audio-1620
pcr-8190

I have a Fortec Star Dynamic receiver, and have tried to enter it manually. The transponder has not shown up with powerscans.

Last edited:
As noted in a couple other threads the audio is embedded in a scrambled channel so scan the whole transponder and it will be there. Otherwise depending on receiver manually add the info via PID scan

video-1160
audio-1620
pcr-8190

it's also on one of the audio channels (not stereo, but either L or R of an audio pid), so you have to take that into consideration, too.

I have a Fortec Star Dynamic receiver, and have tried to enter it manually. The transponder has not shown up with powerscans.

I have the Mercury II which is the same unit.

Press Menu
arrow over to Utility
Add Channel
Make sure G11 is selected in the Satellite field.
Transponder 12050/V/13350
Channel Name Enter something like YUSA
Video PID 0
Audio PID 1620
PCR PID 0
Press Store

Press the TV/Radio button to get to the radio screen. Select YUSA and listen to the right channel audio.

Thats how I listen but there is an alternative way to listen on the TV side.

Here's how.

Press Menu
arrow over to Utility
Add Channel
Make sure G11 is selected in the Satellite field.
Transponder 12050/V/13350
Channel Name Enter something like YUSA
Video PID 1660
Audio PID 1620
PCR PID 1660
Press Store

Notice we added video PID and PCR PID information. Now the right channel video will be on the right channel TV side (there will be no video and it might show as a scrambled signal (PowerVU) but the audio works fine). This might be better for some because you can now mute the left channel audio using the AUDIO button.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you make out.

Thanks TRG for the info...I know each receiver is different ;)

I use 1160 for the video pid as its the color bars that is in the 1st channel in the mux

I was able to program 12050/V/13350 VPID 1660 APID 1620 PCR PID 1660. It would only show up for a few seconds as scrambled channel and then go to no signal. The past few days have been very rainy here in Tennessee, so once we dry out, I will have to try tweeking the dish. Thanks for all the input, truely this forum is the main reason that I have gotten into this new hobby!

jacourt

try the pids I posted...that combination works fine for me and I dont get the scrambled pic

VPID 1160
APID 1620
PCR 8190

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts