Yikes! Cancelation fees hit the roof?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trellaine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Vancouver
I canceled my service about a month ago with Directv and I was still on the hook for the remainder of the lease (approx. 18months left on 2yr lease?) I had two receivers. One HD and one HDDVR.

On Nov10 I was charged $215 which I thought was the charge for the remainder of the lease.

I then noticed that Dec12 I was charged $720.

Does this sound right for the time I had remaining on my leases? :eek::eek:

I am currently looking into the matter just looking for thoughts or opinions.

Thanks in advance.

I canceled my service about a month ago with Directv and I was still on the hook for the remainder of the lease (approx. 18months left on 2yr lease?) I had two receivers. One HD and one HDDVR.

On Nov10 I was charged $215 which I thought was the charge for the remainder of the lease.

Thanks in advance.

Did you return the receivers? Sounds to me like they're charging you for the receivers not being returned.

Did you return the receivers? Sounds to me like they're charging you for the receivers not being returned.
Sounds high to me. I think its 12 dollar a month for each month left. 18x 12 = 216.00. So the first charge seems right. The second charge looks to be for unreturned equipment. He needs to get that back. important lesson. After you sign up with D*, block the credit card and cancel it.

Yes, thank u. I sent them back beginning of Dec. So my guess is they haven't received them yet or maybe today.

Will they credit that back once they get them? Typically speaking.

I hope you kept the FEDEx receipts when you sent back the receivers. I just sent mine back and I had the same exact problem. I called them, rattled off the three tracking numbers, the date they were received, and by whom. Then I asked them to credit me the amounts. I am NOT going to cancel completely ( I have a sd receiver that I own still on the account) until I have a bill that reflects that they have their stuff and I am properly credited for it. Next month I'll call and have them turn it off.

My cancellation fee is 190.00. Worth every penny to be rid of that POS HR20/R15.

Thanks in advance.

I own my HR20's so there was no fee to terminate, or put my account on hold. I can come an go as I wish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts