You know!?!?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Pole wasn't thick enough. You assumed the installer would just crank down, or wedge something in between to make it tight.
You bought the pole so you on the hook as well.

You are wrong, the pole is the correct size. He didn't tighten it down enough. I did it for him. I assumed he knew what he was doing. Clearly, he didn't. Why are you defending him? Just curious. You don't know him or me. Or are you the guy that did the install?

My job is stressfull too, but I realized a while back that the customer is not upset with you, they are upset with the situation. I also realized that complaining about it just makes it worse, so I don't complain about it, I smile, move on, and thank the good lord I have a job. :p

If you don't like your job, look for another one, I am sure somebody out there would love to have your job and be gratefull for it, just remember, if it weren't for broken equipment and unhappy customers, you wouldn't even have a job.:)

Don't complain? Do you realize that complaining is what makes progress? If people didn't complain about picture quality there would never have been HD. If people didn't complain about the slowness of telegraph there never would have been a telephone and so on and so forth. Complaining is fine.

Being grateful for you job is great, I am for mine, but that does't mean that Beavis and Butthead aren't running things sometimes.

Don't complain? Do you realize that complaining is what makes progress? If people didn't complain about picture quality there would never have been HD. If people didn't complain about the slowness of telegraph there never would have been a telephone and so on and so forth. Complaining is fine.

Being grateful for you job is great, I am for mine, but that does't mean that Beavis and Butthead aren't running things sometimes.

You're taking me out of context, of course complaining about something like pq is a good thing, I was advising the person I responded to that he shouldn't complain about his job, especially in his case where he was complaining about his customer base, that is not wise. As soon as you get a bad attitude about your job and complain about your customers you might as well start looking for a new job. Complaining about your customers is idiotic.

Last edited:
Nope don't know him or you, but I do remember what you posted.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=709264&postcount=7

Yes I posted that. It is a 2" post, which isn't an exact size. Nothing is exact. That's the same size that most everyone is using on a pole install. Like I said, the tech didn't tighten the set bolt enough and it spun in the wind. If it wasn't the right size, the tech should have told me so. He is supposed to be the expert. How does that become my fault? Since I tightened it, it hasn't moved, and we have had some very windy days lately here in Connecticut. You must be an installer, too.

Yes I posted that. It is a 2" post, which isn't an exact size. Nothing is exact. That's the same size that most everyone is using on a pole install. Like I said, the tech didn't tighten the set bolt enough and it spun in the wind. If it wasn't the right size, the tech should have told me so. He is supposed to be the expert. How does that become my fault? Since I tightened it, it hasn't moved, and we have had some very windy days lately here in Connecticut. You must be an installer, too.

I understand exactly where you're coming from, the two "kids" that originally came to do the install at my house were extremely disapointing. They decided I could not get HD programing and would not even set me up with a reqular receiver. Anyway I ended up buying all my equipment and just calling D* to say hey turn it on.

BTW, Here is the pipe I used for my install. The O.D only measures 1.9 inch but it tightened down tight.
9159k81_180x120.gif

Part Number: 7972K18 $92.79 Each
Shape
Pipe
Schedule
Pipe Type
Unthreaded
Pipe Size
1-1/2"
Pipe to Pipe Connection
Unthreaded (pipe)
Finish
Black
Steel
Black Seamless Steel
Outside Diameter
1.900"
Inside Diameter
1.500"
Wall Thickness
.200"
Length
72"
Specifications Met
American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
ASTM Specification
ASTM A53

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts