YouTube TV is now the #4 Video Provider for the United States

I do wonder how many losses Comcast/Charter will endure before they call it quits .

Everyone knows they will be much more profitable with just broadband, Comcast is expected to lose another 5 Million video subs within this and next year, Charter about 3 million.

Will they wait until they are not making enough regarding Paid Live TV, or just drop it before that happens, which could make their stockholders happy, with a more profitable service.

I think Comcast's and Charter's hope is that they will be able to transition from cable bundle distributors to subscription app (and ad-revenue-generating FAST) distributors. The idea is to replace their traditional cable TV revenue stream with the new streaming TV revenue stream. Comcast is already well on their way thanks to the app platform that's built into X1. That same OS/app platform is what powers the two companies' Xumo joint venture and Charter is now pushing the Xumo Stream Box as their default cable TV box. Comcast, for now, is just giving it out to broadband-only customers since X1 is a better user experience for full-scale cable TV and it supports all the same apps anyway. Looks like Mediacom Cable is now also distributing it to their broadband-only subs while continuing to use TiVo-powered boxes for their cable TV customers. I imagine we'll see some more cable operators jump on the Xumo train in time.

The Xumo Stream Box comes with their own Xumo FAST app integrated, as expected. But it's a bit surprising to see that it also supports the YouTube TV app. Not sure if the Hulu app for Xumo supports their Live TV plan or just the original SVOD service, though.