YouTube TV is Raising its Price

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheBUDGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2015
Lexington, KY
Effective during your next billing cycle in April, YouTube TV will be raising its price from $64.99 to $72.99 a month. In addition, the 4K Plus add-on will be lowering in price, going from $19.99 to $9.99 a month. Part of email I received is below:

We have an important update for our members. After nearly 3 years, we’re adjusting our monthly price from $64.99/month to $72.99/month. As content costs have risen and we continue to invest in the quality of our service, we are updating our price to keep bringing you the best possible service.

Your YouTube TV Base Plan membership price will change in your first billing cycle on or after [date of billing], and will be charged to your payment method on file going forward.

We will also be lowering the price of our 4K Plus add-on from $19.99/month to $9.99/month. Users new to 4K Plus are eligible for a $4.99/month for 12 months promotional offer.* For existing users, if you are on a promotional price below $10/month, you’ll enjoy that price until the promotional period is over, at which point you’ll automatically receive the new price of $9.99/month. If you’re currently paying above $9.99/month, your new price will be $9.99/month.

Is DirectTV Stream a better deal? Or something else? One that has locals.
Regular Price for DirecTV Stream starts at $74.99, so $2 more.

Also, check if any of your Credit Cards has Points for rewards, I use mine for Google Play Cards ( and other streaming services) which I then use to pay for YTTV.

Just waiting for Dish to be fully back up so I can switch back. Raising the prices but yet you took away baseball and still no A&E networks or Reelz. Looks like Google bit off more than they could chew by getting Sunday ticket. Cord cutting isn’t even worth it anymore. You’re better off paying the premium for cable where you get everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: djont57 and meStevo
FYI the 4k plus package is also unlimited home streams and the ability to download and view DVR recordings on a mobile device.
It is worth it if you have kids at home that still watch Live TV in their rooms, instead of You Tube and Netflix.

Not likely, of course they are watching You Tube and Netflix, my kids are 33 and 27, they do not even have a live TV service at their homes.

Not really, and even with a decent broadband connection when I was able to catch some of the College games and SB in 4K it was choppy and buffering constantly. The only reason I have the 4K add on is to get those extra streams…

Reactions: navychop
Just waiting for Dish to be fully back up so I can switch back. Raising the prices but yet you took away baseball and still no A&E networks or Reelz. Looks like Google bit off more than they could chew by getting Sunday ticket. Cord cutting isn’t even worth it anymore. You’re better off paying the premium for cable where you get everything.

To each their own, I hope they continue to expand offerings to be more to more people, but YTTV is still less than half the cost of DirecTV for me.

Reactions: djont57 and Pere845
The majority of everything on Live TV is nothing but reruns, including YTTV.

I looked up Reelz, only two new shows, Patrol and Autopsy.

By the way, Reelz is included with Peacock, live feed and on demand.

Reactions: Bobby
That’s the main reason I want Reelz is for on patrol live but that’s exactly what I’m trying to avoid, having to navigate multiple streaming services. I’m the type of person that likes everything under one roof and while I do get that cable is a wasteland of reruns, I prefer it to streaming, it’s just personal preference

Well, a price increase is disappointing to be sure, but it has been three years since the last one, so it isn't too surprising. I'd be willing to go with Hulu+Live but my wife and I like the YTTV UI better.

Well, a price increase is disappointing to be sure, but it has been three years since the last one, so it isn't too surprising.
Everyone else has had 3, plus broadcast and rsn fees going up every year also, some of them have had equipment fees also increasing.
I'd be willing to go with Hulu+Live but my wife and I like the YTTV UI better.
I would save about $10 going with Hulu Live , but with ST coming, at supposedly at a discount for YTTV subscribers, I will hold off.

But again, I barely watch Live TV, if I did not have my gift card option and had to pay real money for it, I would have dropped it.

Well, a price increase is disappointing to be sure, but it has been three years since the last one, so it isn't too surprising. I'd be willing to go with Hulu+Live but my wife and I like the YTTV UI better.
Given that Hulu with Live TV is pretty on-par with YTTV (similar channel line-up, unlimited 9-mo DVR with skippable ads) but also includes the Hulu on-demand library, Disney+ and ESPN+ (all three with ads) all for $70/mo, I imagine YTTV may lose some customers to them now.

Given that Hulu with Live TV is pretty on-par with YTTV (similar channel line-up, unlimited 9-mo DVR with skippable ads) but also includes the Hulu on-demand library, Disney+ and ESPN+ (all three with ads) all for $70/mo, I imagine YTTV may lose some customers to them now.
Just looked-

Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV, Disney+ (No Ads), and ESPN+ (With Ads)​

$82.99/month

so YTTV at $72.99

I have the Hulu bundle at $19.99, so a difference of $10 basically.

But for me, my billing is messed up with Hulu, they are only charging me $9 a month for the commercial free bundle and I use Gift Cards, I have no desire to fix it, I do not even have a credit card on file, just my Gift Card balance, which says I have enough credit until 2026 because of the mistake.

This is what it shows-

Upcoming Charges​

Upcoming charges reflect your current subscription, including current pricing and applicable taxes.
DateAmount
04/10/23April 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown
05/10/23May 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown
06/10/23June 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown
07/10/23July 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown
08/10/23August 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown
09/10/23September 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown

i called in to DTV and got the extra pack with 3 rooms for 114.00 a month. wich isn't to bad

Reactions: Pere845
Just looked-

Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV, Disney+ (No Ads), and ESPN+ (With Ads)​

$82.99/month

so YTTV at $72.99

I have the Hulu bundle at $19.99, so a difference of $10 basically.

But for me, my billing is messed up with Hulu, they are only charging me $9 a month for the commercial free bundle and I use Gift Cards, I have no desire to fix it, I do not even have a credit card on file, just my Gift Card balance, which says I have enough credit until 2026 because of the mistake.

This is what it shows-

Upcoming Charges​

Upcoming charges reflect your current subscription, including current pricing and applicable taxes.
DateAmount
04/10/23April 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown
05/10/23May 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown
06/10/23June 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown
07/10/23July 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown
08/10/23August 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown
09/10/23September 10th, 2023$9.00Charge Breakdown
I'm only getting charged $9 per month for the $19.99 bundle as well, but that will go away once my Disney+ annual plan from last April expires. It doesn't show it changing in my upcoming charges, but the CSR told me it would.

depends if HuluTv has the channels you want. I know YTTV has no A&E Networks whereas HuluTV does. I forget what Hulu was missing off the top of my head.

I'm only getting charged $9 per month for the $19.99 bundle as well, but that will go away once my Disney+ annual plan from last April expires. It doesn't show it changing in my upcoming charges, but the CSR told me it would.
My 3 year plan with Disney ended last year, I know they did not charge me for a new annual plan since the card I used for the 3 year was canceled a while ago .

So I assume it was messed up when I did the bundle 2 months before the 3 year was due to expire.

Not complaining.