YouTube TV is Raising its Price

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
depends if HuluTv has the channels you want. I know YTTV has no A&E Networks whereas HuluTV does. I forget what Hulu was missing off the top of my head.
AMC.

Yeah I just looked it up and AMC is one that is missing. The others are the sports stations like MLB, NBA and NHL networks (but then again YTTV doesnt have MLB net either)
The other big one for some folks is PBS
YTTV missing the A&E Networks (A&E, FYI, History, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie and Vice) can be big for folks

While I never like a price increase, I am not surprised it is happening, as it has been some time since the last one.

Still, this is about the time of year I cut mine off until football season. I generally keep it through march madness, but now that I think about it, I think I get some of that on Paramount+ so depending on my billing date I may kill it before the tournament is over.

Still vastly cheaper that what I was paying for sat service years ago once all of the fees were factored in, along with the yearly contracts. That is something I personally will never return to.

People are pretty loose at listing subscription prices, one company to the next, as if the included programmers are comparable. For some…perhaps. For others…no. It is important to research and inform oneself of what is carried. And to also note if wanted programming would require a higher subscription level.

Reactions: djont57 and Jimbo
People are pretty loose at listing subscription prices, one company to the next, as if the included programmers are comparable.
for most cases they are (sans a channel or two). It depends on what you want channel wise

It is important to research and inform oneself of what is carried.
Whhhhattttt???? NO!! you just sign up and then realize you made a mistake and it doesn't have what you want so you go to reddit and b**ch about it ;)

And to also note if wanted programming would require a higher subscription level.
Isn't that part of the research?

• Haha
Reactions: John2021
Just waiting for Dish to be fully back up so I can switch back. Raising the prices but yet you took away baseball and still no A&E networks or Reelz. Looks like Google bit off more than they could chew by getting Sunday ticket. Cord cutting isn’t even worth it anymore. You’re better off paying the premium for cable where you get everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have read some are paying $200 or more a month for cable TV. Around here it is more like $100 or less, unless you want all of the Premiums, Sports packs, etc. A decent package can be gotten from Dish for less than $100 a month and the inexpensive ones are under $50. With You Tube TV and others getting close to $75, streaming is not as good as a deal as it once was.

Reactions: Pere845
Yeah mom's service is $117 for Choice and 3 rooms. That's after the $40/month credit that just barely covers the $37 in DirecTV fees (not including $11.99 for RSNs she doesn't watch).
we got a 72.01 off for a year!!! your mom might want to call in and see if she if she has any more discounts that can be applied to her acct

Yeah I just looked it up and AMC is one that is missing. The others are the sports stations like MLB, NBA and NHL networks (but then again YTTV doesnt have MLB net either)
The other big one for some folks is PBS
YTTV missing the A&E Networks (A&E, FYI, History, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie and Vice) can be big for folks
if i had a dime for everyone that has said i.m gonna sign up for yttv for 65.00 a month. ide be a billionaire:biggrin. but they all wind back up where they started bitching and moaning about price hikes and missing channels:coco. this is one good thing about the dtv extra pack it has all of those and you can call in and get discounts every year!!! from what i heard only old subs still have acces to packages like the select and extra new subs do not

if i had a dime for everyone that has said i.m gonna sign up for yttv for 65.00 a month. ide be a billionaire:biggrin. but they all wind back up where they started bitching and moaning about price hikes and missing channels:coco. this is one good thing about the dtv extra pack it has all of those and you can call in and get discounts every year!!! from what i heard only old subs still have acces to packages like the select and extra new subs do not
You just posted this-

i called in to DTV and got the extra pack with 3 rooms for 114.00 a month. wich isn't to bad
So a difference of $40 to YTTV.

If you care about content, you could get Hulu Live with Disney+, regular Hulu commercial free, ESPN+ for $82.99 and still saving $30.

Then with that $30, could get Paramount+ and Peacock commercial free and you still would be less then your DirecTV bill.

Or YTTV with 4K Netflix, Paramount+ and Peacock commercial free, same price as your DirecTV bill.

I could go on and on, but the fact remains the same, streaming is cheaper and with more content.

Reactions: osu1991 and djont57
It’s getting to the point where YTTV needs to start thinking about tiers or some other way to opt out of channel/price creep.

When I left DirecTV for DirecTV Now all those years ago, I took the middle package… saved quite a bit. When that went away, YTTV was something like $50 with fewer channels.

I don’t want or need all of the channels. I don’t miss A&E or Discovery. Most of the shows there are formulaic anyway.

About the only thing that these providers offer is convenience of a guide. I could get pretty much all the content for less, but it would be a little more difficult to find/choose.

It wouldn’t be that hard to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeD-C05 and ncted
And I'm having a hard time understanding why people would think streaming services aren't impacted by the same economics that Cable and Sat TV were.

Reactions: Bobby and AZ.
And I'm having a hard time understanding why people would think streaming services aren't impacted by the same economics that Cable and Sat TV were.
Well, yes and no. For YTTV and the like, it is similar but without a lot of the distribution infrastructure capital investment and maintenance. Someone else (largely cable company competitors) are footing that bill (and also making bank on it) because it is just a dump pipe that anything can go over.

For Netflix, etc. it is a different set of economics because DTC requires your product to be desirable to a large audience, unlike cable channels which historically could survive with a small audience because cable/satellite customers would be paying either way. The resulting price hikes might feel the same though.

I didn't mind the cable/satellite model except there was no justification for the rate of price increases, and once the best content started showing up on places other than where I'd gotten my TV for decades, it was an easy decision to move away from the old model.

No justification for rate increases... assuming that the price for channels in agreements remained constant and all agreements were signed in the same year... and they didn't give workers raises annually... and inflation didn't exist.

Reactions: Bobby
No justification for rate increases... assuming that the price for channels in agreements remained constant and all agreements were signed in the same year... and they didn't give workers raises annually... and inflation didn't exist.
No justification for the rate of increases. They would constantly add channels that no one watched just to make it seem like they were adding value when all they were adding was garbage and charging us an extra 10% when inflation was sitting around 2%. The fact that YTTV and Hulu have been successful in keeping their prices somewhat reasonable has a lot to do with them not carrying a ton of extra channels for no reason.

Reactions: osu1991 and Mr Tony
I have read some are paying $200 or more a month for cable TV.
Unless that includes internet that is crazy people pay that much

Around here it is more like $100 or less, unless you want all of the Premiums, Sports packs, etc.
promo price probably.
A decent package can be gotten from Dish for less than $100 a month
before the fees if you want something like the Hopper. Streaming live TV are still cheaper

and the inexpensive ones are under $50.
The only one I know of is Dish Family (which is not available unless you call and beg for it) for 49.99 and barely has any "regular" channels (non shopping/religious)

With You Tube TV and others getting close to $75, streaming is not as good as a deal as it once was.
still a better deal than satellite. And no contract :)

Reactions: osu1991 and djont57
If you care about content, you could get Hulu Live with Disney+, regular Hulu commercial free, ESPN+ for $82.99 and still saving $30.
Or get it with commercials for 69.99 which is what they advertise. Just because you want the "commercial free" option doesn't mean everyone does
Then with that $30, could get Paramount+ and Peacock commercial free and you still would be less then your DirecTV bill.
huh? Both are $10 each commercial free. So thats $20. But again with commercials its $10 total...unless you have a deal.

The advantage also is there are codes out there to get it for cheaper.

So an $8.00 increase in the price. I am afraid that these streaming services like Youtube TV are on the same path as linear cable/satellite with the hikes. They are going to price themselves right out of business. The whole reason people cord cut is to pay less and Youtube TV is following the same path of higher price hikes. I think the future will be ota dvrs like Tablo and TV Anywhere with Sling TV and hook it with the subscription of your choice and that will change depending on what show is on the service. It isn't about the channel any more, it is about the program. I wonder how long till they offer the individual programs Ala cart and let people save even more money.

So an $8.00 increase in the price. I am afraid that these streaming services like Youtube TV are on the same path as linear cable/satellite with the hikes. They are going to price themselves right out of business. The whole reason people cord cut is to pay less and Youtube TV is following the same path of higher price hikes. I think the future will be ota dvrs like Tablo and TV Anywhere with Sling TV and hook it with the subscription of your choice and that will change depending on what show is on the service. It isn't about the channel any more, it is about the program. I wonder how long till they offer the individual programs Ala cart and let people save even more money.
Yes, an $8 increase in the basic service but a $10 decrease in the 4K level. So, if you are using the 4K level you actually get a $2 decrease overall.