Yucky Weather!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow, for once i cant really complain! we are having nice early spring weather, days in the high 20's- low 30's with lots of sunshine. Perfect temps to let the snow pack and the dirt roads melt slowly (hopefully no spring flooding this year), lets hope it continues :D

If you don't like rain, then be glad you are not in the south, here in South Carolina, I have seen parts of my yard flood that I haven't ever seen hold water before. The rain is torrential and I guess getting worse. Especially since that tornado mess from Alabama is headed directly to me!

20 inches of snow is a lot of snow wherever it falls.

It was 64F here this morning at 11:00 AM with tornadoes across the South part of the state. Once the storm blew through the wind has been steady at 25-30 with gusts up to 50, and temps dropping all day.

It is now 38F going down to 30 with the wind still blowing like crazy. Supposed to do that through Saturday night.

I had just gotten used to the 50's as highs, and now we are going back to winter.

But all that is nothing compared to what you guys are getting.

Can't wait for Spring for real.

How you doing up there Iceberg?

Has the snow completely covered your dishes yet?

Doc had to dig his out a couple of weeks ago.

You should start to see warmer weather in a week or so. It is supposed to be mid 40's here today, and mid thirties tomorrow, but after that we are back up to the mid 50's on a southerly wind. So you guys should start to see something warmer soon. :D

How you doing up there Iceberg?
I'm here....about 17-18 inches or so of snow
Has the snow completely covered your dishes yet?
yes and no. I've been out cleaning them. The C-band right now has about 6 inches on it right now and I cleaned it off last nite at 7. The 90cm dish the LNB's were buried and the T90 had probably 6 inches on top of the LNB's. When I go out to shovel the deck off, I've been cleaning them off too.

The motorized is buried. I used the snow rake last night to get the snow around it off but I'm going to go do that again here soon. Left it on IA6 last nite (my TS) so watched a little Doc Scott :)

You should start to see warmer weather in a week or so. It is supposed to be mid 40's here today, and mid thirties tomorrow, but after that we are back up to the mid 50's on a southerly wind. So you guys should start to see something warmer soon. :D

little bit of snow today but this weekend its suppose ot be cold. Then next week we could see 40

few pictures of the motorized and just how much snow was on the roof. I used the snow rake to get some of it off but as you can see, there's a helluva lot of snow.

Attachments

• 000_0087.jpg
    000_0087.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 000_0088.jpg
    000_0088.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 87
  • 000_0089.jpg
    000_0089.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 91
  • 000_0090.jpg
    000_0090.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Have major clean-up going on of debree from tornado's yesterday evening all around me. It flattened a brick home behind me and took the southwest corner of the house next to it. My road is closed for a 2 mile stretch to my east, don't know how well my neighbors faired, but it don't seem to good. Fortunately, for me and mine, we were spared. I lost power for only 4 hours, down the road is still without power. Don't know of any deaths here, but the county (Taylor) to my west had one and a town southwest (Americus) of me had two. I hope they open the road soon, so I can see if I can help my neighbors.

Al

Damn Al this weather has been crazy....you have tornados and we have a blizzard

Glad you're safe

Tony,
Your roof looks like mine did on the front of the house where there was about 24 inches of snow. The back of my roof (where the snow drifted from the front) had enough snow to completely bury my 76 cm winegard, there was no part of the dish visible.

As to our nice weather we had been having....... I spoke too soon, we are supposed to get up to 12" of mixed precipitation today including freezing rain and snow :-(

Here is a cute ad that was run in the local papers "absolutely free" section:

"Absolutely free, 200 cubic yards of snow, you pick up and move"

Had to laugh when i saw that one :D

drhydro said:
"Absolutely free, 200 cubic yards of snow, you pick up and move"

Having a beach party in L.A. on Sunday.
Will send someone over to get it.
Should make a wonderful novelty, sitting on the sand. :cool:

This part of the South is not generally known for tornadoes, but on Valentine's Day, New Orleans was hit by a large one. It started in the Westbank suburbs, crossed the Mississippi River, and went right through historic Uptown. Damage was severe, I was called out to videotape the destruction at a friend's house that was badly damaged. The tape got aired on WDSU-DT/TV (used to be a FTA channel)...

As I sit here..looking out my window..I see devistation that no one should witness! Trees being litterly torn fro the roots,homes being completly dismantled by the outragious winds of hell...people screaming, crying for help...if someone would have told me yesterday, or evan hinted this horeindous basterd would be consuming mankind today I would have laughrd aloud and called them insane.....but here...now.. as my eyes behold this sight..I look to the heavens and say...look like the sun is commin out today..guess I should put the book down and go do something beside daydreaming about the world ending...

While I sometimes complain about the snow, it really is very beautiful here today with a nice fresh layer of about 12" of white fluffy stuff. Here are some pics taken around my house early this morning.

Attachments

• dishinsun.jpg
    dishinsun.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 98
  • morningsun.jpg
    morningsun.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 94
Maybe Y'all guy come on down to New Mexico, where it's not too cold and not too hot and very few nasty storms and you don't have to worry a thing about!!:D :wave

As for a FTA dish you will get a taste of Nahaul-1's feed from South America and the best line of site ranges 150*w to 25*W "provided that you are not blocked by South East Mountains!:)

Closest true south bird is AMC-15 at 105*W here in Albuquerque 106.5*W and 35*N. for your fun TV DXings needs!:D :hungry:

While I sometimes complain about the snow, it really is very beautiful here today with a nice fresh layer of about 12" of white fluffy stuff. Here are some pics taken around my house early this morning.

Those are GREAT pictures, Drhydro! Incredibly beautiful... We don't see much snow (or any mountain landscapes such as that) here in New Orleans...

went up to our lake house about 2 1/2 hours north of Minneapolis (Lake Mille Lacs) yesterday only to see 7 foot snow drifts in our driveway and 4 feet of snow on our deck.

Spent 4 hours snow blowing out the driveway and deck :)

You don't know the meaning of yucky weather until you find this where a 1,500 foot tower stood several hours before.

fwiw, its now been determined that the transmitter building blew apart from the inside before the tower fell.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)