Zero Hours, Zero Minutes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I know, no excuse for this with multiple external hard drives lying around. My ViP622 was almost full the other day and I didn't bother cleaning anything off. I assumed it would automatically drop the oldest unprotected recordings to make room if it needed. Instead I find a partial recording and "0:00 remaining"

I wonder when that "feature" was added to the code.

I know I've had "oldest unprotected" recordings drop off before. You may have something else going on. (unless of course this is a new bug).

On mine, it will drop the oldest unprotected, but it will still show 0 hours because it has already used them. When it needs another hour, another gets deleted. Etc... Make sense?

I know, no excuse for this with multiple external hard drives lying around. My ViP622 was almost full the other day and I didn't bother cleaning anything off. I assumed it would automatically drop the oldest unprotected recordings to make room if it needed. Instead I find a partial recording and "0:00 remaining"

I wonder when that "feature" was added to the code.

Just me thinking out loud here, but are you sure that it stopped recording due to being out of room or could it have had drop outs that caused the time to be partial. I am just trying to think of why it would give a partial program. I know when we record OTA and have signal drops, it will cut down what the DVR reports the time being, even though it completed the entire recording (of what it could get).

I know on our old 510, if there wasn't enough room, it would give a message saying there was not enough room. On the 722 however, it deletes the oldest unprotected programs.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts