Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
Zinwell 6x8 Multiswitch

Can this device be used for FTA?

I want to use it for 97 101 and 123.

Ideas are welcome

Did ya try a search for info on the switch?
As I recall, it can be used as a 4x4 multiswitch.
The extra two inputs are not usable unless the switch is connected to a DirecTV receiver.

The 6x8 WILL Work with a slimline just fine. Its the D* receiver that needs to decode the "flex" ports

FAT receivers can't figure out that flex part. Its something in the software for D*

They work great as a 4x8 multiswitch though :)

picked up three of these new in box with manuals. (zinwell wb68). From what I found it can be used for fta. Just not the flexports. Also it can only do 4 receivers with just the 13/18 connected. But that does not make sense. It looks like I can have two dishes with v/h output on the lnb and select between then using a 22khz tone. Then have up to 8 receivers? So well this work? Yes I searched the forums but mostly it is related to directv stuff since the switch is more for direct tv.

Thanks,

Josh

With the peculiar stack plan that DIRECTV uses, I doubt that they would be of much use in an FTA application. I was under the impression that they are uniquely compatible with the Ku/Ka dishes.

Additional Info On Swtich Itself

One side of the switch consists of 6 ports. 18/13v aka 99/101, 18/13v 103/110/119 22khz/22khz, flexport 1, and flex port 2. The other side of the switch is labled out 1-8 (8 outputs to receivers). On the switch label. Zinwell wide-band 6x8 multi-sw part #: wb68 ka/ku bans followed by frequencies. 250-750mhz, 950-1450mzh and 1650-2150mhz, then there is a field support phone number. Lot number of 80302 and then a directv-approved part.

still have not found any additional info on the switch besides what I listed above. AKA the flex ports are not usable on fta and that the rest should work with a 22khz tone and a dual output lnb. When the weather gets nicer. I'll pull out my old primestar dish since it has the v/h and test it out.

Later,

Josh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)