Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hello and welcome once again to another SatelliteGuys.US live Retailer Chat update!

Our Chat Room is now open at http://www.satelliteguys.us/chat.php come on in and join us.

As always I will update this thread with items of interest to you the consumer from the Retailer Chat. We will NOT report on dealer sensitive items, if you are a dealer and want to discuss these items please visit our sister site at http://www.dishretailer.com

We are now waiting for the chat to start! Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US!

They open the show with Jim and Amir talking about CES, they show the CES video that they showed on Monday Night.

They now go over the list of new HD channels.

Jim mentions that not everyone with HD had VOOM but with the new packages that will change.

They show a short clip for Universal HD

Dish now has over 200 hours of HD a day, which is over 14,000 hours of HD a week. Dishes closest competitor has only 750 hours of HD a month.

Consumers may opt for locals. The first HD cities will be up in HD on Dish Before the next consumer chat in March.

Dish will offer a HD over the air antenna to those who want them beginning on February 1st. It will be a Wineguard Sensar Antenna available in Amplified and unamplified versions.

Ok and now they are talking about the Price Increase. You will be able to get them again with locals or without locals.

The AT60 price is guarenteed until 2008.

If a customer wants an OTA Antenna it will be a $50 chage for the antenna, and they will install it for you

For a customer to upgrade the customer must sign up for HD Bronze or above.

If a customer has the Dish Silver Pack they can choose two premium packages for $20 more (HBO, Showtime, Starz or Playboy TV)

Now we reported the DVR fee going up.. This is TRUE, its going up to $5.98

In addition additional outlets are going up if you have a HD receiver! Additional HD receivers will cost $6 a month, while SD receivers are only $5.

They toss it over to Leslie with Tech News.

She talks about Record Link for the pocketdish which can turn most non DVR receivers into a quasi DVR.

It works now on the 111, 301 and 311 receivers and soon will be availble on the 322, 522 and 625. There will be a Quick Facts document out soon to explain all of this.

They are now talking about Sirius telling Dealers to sell the radios they have and clear their inventory.

Now they are talking about Deal economics...

Scott Greczkowski said:
Effective February 1st they will only activate HD channels on MPEG4 receivers. I can see some problems with this!

Hahaha, are you F'ing kidding me? This pretty much means anyone who owns an "old" HD receiver can throw it in the trash once they are done with it.

Jim mentions that they did not mention the 411 because they didnt want to confuse consumers since the 211 and 411 are basically the same thing.

Now going over DHA promotion for Retailers.

HokieEngineer said:
Hahaha, are you F'ing kidding me? This pretty much means anyone who owns an "old" HD receiver can throw it in the trash once they are done with it.

No I am NOT kidding.

How dumb, they should still let people subscribe but also tell them if they upgrade to MPEG4 they get more channels for the same (new) price.

Ok Dish please hire me for your marketing department.

Ok more from the stupidity department.

You are only allowed to upgrade 1 receiver to MPEG4 under the Dish'n It Up program.

If a customer needs more then 1 receiver upgraded they need to BUY the second unit.

To upgrade to the 211 a customer may cost $49, $78, or $98 depending on how Dish rates you.

They are looking into a way to send customers the equipment if they dont want an installer coming to their house.

All HD upgrades require the customer to subscribe and keep the HD programming.

In addition remember the 622 rebate starts on April 1st, if you are installed on March 31st it is not eligible for the rebate.

This BS. There's got to be some LAW out there that protects consumers from this type of crap. I own 3 HDTV sets. Two 6000s and one 942. I can only upgrade one. What type of nonsense is that?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok more from the stupidity department.

You are only allowed to upgrade 1 receiver to MPEG4 under the Dish'n It Up program.

If a customer needs more then 1 receiver upgraded they need to BUY the second unit.

So when you buy this second unit to replace your old HD box, you can't sell the old HD box because they wont activate it, correct?

Also, does this mean you can't lease more than one mpeg4 HD box?

Who was the genious that came up with these ideas?? :)

(oh and sorry I cant get into the chat because my work blocks everything :mad: )

Fine Living launches tommorow on Dish Network (I believe they said the top 120 package)

They are coming out with a Family Package with about 20 channels for $19.99 a month without locals or $24.99 a month with locals.

Scott Greczkowski said:
To upgrade to the 211 a customer may cost $49, $78, or $98 depending on how Dish rates you.

How Dish rates the customer, or the retailer? When I called yesterday to upgrade my 811 to a 211, they initially told me $98.

Any word on when they will be shipping / accepting orders for the 211?

This one set upgrade is idiotic !!!!! What am I supposed to do with my second 811 ? I cannot upgrade only one HDTV. That is ridiculous. This will force me to go to DirecTV or somewhere else. They have to rethink this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)