101 signal strength

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
For the H24?

All of them, as that is an MPEG-2/4 HD receiver of course.

But in your situation the question still remains what type of programming will ultimately replace MPEG-2 SD at 101W next year?

If it's MPEG-4 SD, which is a good guess, you're OK ....

But if it's going to be a subset of HD channels comprising the most popular veiwed ones transferred from the Ka band as some feel will happen. Then youre going to lose some channels, even though the ones you'll receive will be in HD from 101W.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
The problem wasn't really channels related, it was getting the HD receiver to load, I was told by someone, that the software for the HD receiver to load was on sat 101 tp31, which we couldn't received

The problem wasn't really channels related, it was getting the HD receiver to load, I was told by someone, that the software for the HD receiver to load was on sat 101 tp31, which we couldn't received
Oh, well then you should be good to go on that issue right now ...

The one thing that doesn't make sense though is that DIRECTV described T15's move to 101W as a temporary increase in SD capacity. And to "fufill a temporary business need," in the FCC filings.

And anticipate moving T15 back to its permanent station at 103W sometime next year, which makes no sense as the old regime of satellites there, T4S/T9S/T8, cannot be modified to do what T15's Ku DBS band payload can do.

And the newest satellite, "T16" (that is almost identical to T15), is scheduled to go to 103W as well.

Therefore, there's got to be something mixed up here with DIRECTV's official filings.

Can I use a regular lnb on 101 sat, with a HD receiver?
AFAIK, yes. Though it's not advertised anymore as capable ...

But since there is no longer an option for the old legacy 101W LNB.

Just select SL-3 in the receiver setup menu and ignore or filter out all HD channels of course.

Hey, just curious, could you posts those signal levels you're receiving on 101W?

It must be the recently arrived T15 satellite lightning up as Slice said earlier, since it has spotbeam mirrors for PR and HI for the 32 Ku DBS tps. at 101W ....

Just got word, 3ft dish is pulling signal in the 90's on the odd tp's, next step is to test it on 18" dish

I am in Jamaica
But the reason nelson61 referred to "Puerto Rico spot beams" is that you're still close enough to be within the footprint of the PR Ku DBS spotbeam from T15 at 101W.

T15 only has two spotbeams, one for PR and the other for HI.

Another is the main beam (actually comprised of two fully overlapping beams) for CONUS + AK of course.

Reactions: trojan67
This is for a 6ft Channel Master dish tp1-76, tp2-75, tp3-98, tp4-0, tp5-72, tp6-85, tp7-99, tp8-84, tp9-72, tp10-69, tp11-98, tp-12-0, tp13-72, tp14-83, tp15-98, tp16-80, tp17-68, tp18-0, tp19-98, tp20-0, tp21-69, tp22-78, tp23-98, tp-74, tp25-63, tp26-0, tp27-98, tp28-0, tp29-65, tp30-77, tp31-98, tp32-80, the dish in question can be peak to give a better result, most of the uneven tp's was blocked out for years, these are the best I have seen since 1996

It is quite possible that the dedicated beam to Puerto Rico the new satellite has creates more spillover in the area, so you may well see better reception in Jamaica from now on.

They are receiving the Conus-Alaska beam in Jamaica. EIRP is somewhere in the low 40's in that area

20181007_174753.jpg

This is my setup in Puerto Rico

View attachment 135270
This is my setup in Puerto Rico
Hey, great to finally hear from a sub. in PR post-Maria ...

Yep, those numbers clearly shows that all traffic from T8 (odd numbered tps.) have been moved to T15 and nothing yet from T9S/T4S (even numbered tps.).

But can you post all your signal levels there in PR for us?

Since Maria, for obvious reasons it's a rarity today to have a DIRECTV subscriber here on the forum on the ground there in PR to report what's happening.

Thanks ...

Ok great ...

Now, could you do one more favor for us and I'll be done bothering you.

While I realize they're all zeros right now, can you show us anyway what the "103(ca)," "103(cb)," and "103(s)" screens look like?

Need the info. to update the weekly TPN map Excel spreadsheets posted for download on the "iamanedgecutter.com" site.

Many thanks again ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)