103c failed. How can I catch the signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

greddy09sc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Hello,

I have a H20 HD DVR Direct TV. 5 LNB dish.

When i to to the satellite setup, 101/110/119/99s/103s all say OK. But, 103c failed. I can't get most of the HD channels, only some. I do have the B-Band converter connected.

I am installing this myself. Since I have good signals to most of the satellite, how can i adjust my dish to catch 103c? Should i adjust the tilt, elevation, or aizmuth?

Thank you for your time.

It could be a failed BBC.

If anything needs to be adjusted, I'd start with the azimuth. Make sure that the mast is plumb and that the tilt and elevation settings are correct.

I figured the mast is plumb and tilt, elevation, aizmuth is correct, because if it was not, then i would not have catch all the other satellite.

Do i just need to fine tune the aizmuth with that black dial thingy?

Oh ok, BBC is B Band converter. Well, if it was a bad BBC, then if i disconnect it and redo the setup, then 103c should pass correct?

first, what are your signals on the other sats? just ok isn't saying a whole lot. all other signals should be 90+.

Could it be by any chance a bad LNB? If it's a bad LNB, would it not catch 101/110/119/99s, etc?

Or a bad LNB could be a lost of one or more satellite?

first, what are your signals on the other sats? just ok isn't saying a whole lot. all other signals should be 90+.

101/110/119 all have 90+ signal strength. The others, 99s/103s/103c has 0.

Any chance of there being a splitter or diplexer in the line? If you have the dish peaked on 101 and 119, you should be seeing something on the 103. you may also try a forced software update. reset the receiver, when the first screen comes up, press 02468 on the remote. It may be that you need new software to see the other sats.

yes, there are a couple of single connectors on the line. (To connect two lines together)

I have not tried that software update. I'll try that now. Thanks for the info.

The receiver downloaded a new software , but 103c still failed on the setup and i still can't get HD channels past channels 100+.

yes, there are a couple of single connectors on the line. (To connect two lines together)

I have not tried that software update. I'll try that now. Thanks for the info.

Run a line directly from your dish to the receiver. I'm betting the problem is the splitters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)