118.7 in Hawaii

A380<->B787

Dec 26, 2007
Happy holidays to all!
I'm in Hawaii and trying to find a way to receive Chinese programming off Anik F3.
Currently I have a Fortec 180cm in the backyard point to G-3C, get around 66% singnal quality on CCTV. It has a BSC621-2 universal lnbf on the dish. Will this lnbf work with 118.7? Also will this lnbf work with the Dish Network receiver?
Thanks.

This question is better suited for the free to air ( FTA ) forum, can a mod relocate it there please?

Actually I'd say no, since 118.7 is leased entirely by DishNetwork right now.

To the OP, you'll need to us a Dish 1000+ or Dish 500+ LNB to get it. I'm not sure of this satellite's footprint though if it reaches Hawaii.

I was informed by local Dishnetwork retailer that I need a 1.2m dish for 118.7. (I assume the 1.2m dish they refer to is a offset type not prime focus like I have). So I thought I would put the 1.8m Fortec to good use. There's no SuperDish offer here in Hawaii. We do get 119 on the small dish (by spotbeam?). Is the 500+ 1000+ LNB compatible with prime focus type dish (same F/D ratio)?

A380, you need to get the dish and LNBF assembly that your local DISH Network retailer is offering for Hawaii.
The LNBF has to be a DPP-compatible one and only DISH Network sells them. They happen to include a 1.2m dish for it as well.

The 119 is a special spot-beam that serves Hawaii.
The 118.7 satellite, like most North American satellites, has a special beam that serves Hawaii but it is not as powerful as the CONUS beam is.
SuperDISH is no longer being used for any purpose anywhere for consumers. It's too small for Hawaii, anyway.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I was hoping I could add the BUD to the existing DISH setup. Looks like the 1.2m with DPP LNBF from local retailer is the only option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)