136th Preakness Stakes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Anyone watching this afternoon? Will Animal Kingdom win the 2nd leg of the Triple Crown? It's hard to imagine but it's been a long-long time since we've had a Triple Crown winner:

1978 - Affirmed
1977 - Seattle Slew
1973 - Secretariat

As you can see, back in the 70s celebrating a Triple Crown winner wasn't so unusual.

Obviously, the Preakness will be ran at the Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore MD. Here are the odds for today's race:

1 Astrology 15-1
2 Normal Asbjornson 35-1
3 King Congie 17-1
4 Flashpoint 20-1
5 Shackleford 11-1
6 Sway Away 14-1
7 Midnight Interlude 13-1
8 Dance City 11-1
9 Much Mancho Man 9-2
10 Dialed In 7-2
11 Animal Kingdom 3-1
12 Isn't He Perfect 25-1
13 Concealed Identity 24-1
14. Mr. Commons 40-1

riffjim4069 said:
Anyone watching this afternoon? Will Animal Kingdom win the 2nd leg of the Triple Crown? It's hard to imagine but it's been a long-long time since we've had a Triple Crown winner:

1978 - Affirmed
1977 - Seattle Slew
1973 - Secretariat

As you can see, back in the 70s celebrating a Triple Crown winner wasn't so unusual.

Seattle Slew was my favorite horse of all time. I watched him at the age of 12 in 1977 win the Flamingo Stakes and I was hook.

Seattle Slew was my favorite horse of all time. I watched him at the age of 12 in 1977 win the Flamingo Stakes and I was hook.
My favorite was Secretariat. I used to the watch the trotters with my grandpa all the time, and one of my fondest memories was watching Secretariat win back in '73.

Today, I've got a good feeling about Animal Kingdom, and my long-shot is Flashpoint.

riffjim4069 said:
My favorite was Secretariat. I used to the watch the trotters with my grandpa all the time, and one of my fondest memories was watching Secretariat win back in '73.

Today, I've got a good feeling about Animal Kingdom, and my long-shot is Flashpoint.

I like the approach the trainers took to prepare for the Derby. I think he has a good shot as well.

riffjim4069 said:
The owner, Barry Irwin, is certainly not the typical owner...very opinionated about the "dirty aspects" of the sports. I like him!

Me too! Not so much about being a "boy scout", but more about WANTING his trainers to tell him the truth about his horse. "Tired of trainers lying to me......." Loved that!

riffjim4069 said:
Shackleford wins by a 1/2 length over Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom's jockey (replacement, I think) ran a bad race IMO...was 7 lengths back late in the race.

Yep....was gonna post the same. He tried to queeze in between horse in the final turn where there was no room and then had no choice but to go outside....terrible ride by Velazquez.

Yep....was gonna post the same. He tried to queeze in between horse in the final turn where there was no room and then had no choice but to go outside....terrible ride by Velazquez.
If I were the owner I would be pissed. The best horse didn't win today IMO and I think Animal Kingdom has a better than 50-50 shot of winning the Belmont.

riffjim4069 said:
If I were the owner I would be pissed. The best horse didn't win today IMO and I think Animal Kingdom has a better than 50-50 shot of winning the Belmont.

I agree. You will see in the Belmont seeing that it is 3 weeks later and perfect rest time for Kingdom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)