146th Belmont Stakes - Saturday, June 7th 2014

California Chrome to arrive at Belmont Park today (cleared to run in Belmont Stakes with nasal strip). If anyone has been following this story, there has been a little bru-ha-ha about Chrome being permitted to wear the strip. Apparently, the industry is badly wanting a Triple Crown winner to present to the people. However, the Belmont is the longest and most physically demanding of the three races. We shall see.

California Chrome has a chance but this track is longer and history says no lately but I am hoping Chrome does it!! :)

I know Paul Simon is rooting for him ;) :

When I think back

On all the crap I learned in high school
It's a wonder
I can think at all
And though my lack of education
Hasn't hurt me none
I can read the writing on the wall

GO KODACHROME, err CALIFORNIA CHROME!!!! :)

Go CC! I hope it happens.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

It ALL depends on how he comes out the gate. IF he comes out clean, its a done deal. He will win easily. IF he has trouble coming out the gate and struggles to get on the rail and within 2nd to 5th place... he could be in deep trouble.

Well, Chrome couldn't get it done. Grueling series of races and going up against fresh horses did him in. The owner seemed a little bitter in his post race comments, didn't he? Although he made a good point about the fresh horses being allowed to run, he went too far with the coward remark. He should've shut up when his wife told him to. ;)

Well, Chrome couldn't get it done. Grueling series of races and going up against fresh horses did him in. The owner seemed a little bitter in his post race comments, didn't he? Although he made a good point about the fresh horses being allowed to run, he went too far with the coward remark. He should've shut up when his wife told him to. ;)
I think the owner had valid points. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets blowback for his comments though. Can horse racing owners be fined for comments they make? First he wasn't going to enter his horse in the race if he couldn't wear his nose breathing device,so they caved on that. Now his statements about why his horse lost,you know there'll be payback over that.

The reason they have it the way they do now is to make it next to impossible,if at all possible for there to be another Triple Crown winner. I'm reminded of the original Rollerball movie with James Caan,where the powers that be intentionally made the rules so no one would rise above the other players in the sport of Rollerball. Could the same principle be in play in horse racing? I'm sure that's why you'll never ever see another unified world champion in professional boxing again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)