2 H20's went out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brianlyoung

Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
The other night 2 of my H20's went out. When i turned them on the receivers it couldn't download or find the "guide". I tried all the rebooting etc. but when it got to the part of "Acquiring Information" the receiver would be stuck at 0% and go between "Acquiring Information" and "Searching for Satellite". I know signal is good on the sat since i connected an older Sony receiver to the dish and got good signal plus when the H20's were going through there setup signal was good. DTV told me it may be just bad receivers but both of them going down at the same time?

Anyone have this problem or ever troubleshooted something like this?

Thanks

I had a problem, with H20's. my first one,would randomly rebooting, then, I couldn't turn it back on. I reset it, then the colors were so bad. Since I had a lifetime guarrentee, they sent me another one, which was a recondition one, and after a few minutes or so, it too, started to randomly reboot. So, I hooked backup, my old Hughes HD receiver, and everything works great. I've read that the H20 has many flaws in it. Enjoy Ya'll :cool:

hdtvtechno said:
I must be the only one who is having the best lucks with my H20's

H20-600 that is ;)

Me too! My H20 has worked nearly flawlessly since December. There have been a couple of minor problems with local channel psip info, but that's about it! No overheating problems, but I don't put anything on top or underneath it.

hdtvtechno said:

H20-600 that is ;)

All my H20's and the ones that went out are H20-600's. The DTV Tech said they are having a lot of problems with these receivers.

brianlyoung said:
All my H20's and the ones that went out are H20-600's. The DTV Tech said they are having a lot of problems with these receivers.

I wonder how many of the problems are heat related/caused because of improper ventilation.

hdtvtechno said:

H20-600 that is ;)
Same here.We have two H20-600s.No problems with them yet.

H20-600 have terrible problems with overheating. I put 1" feet on mine and it works fine.

I'm wondering if a spike came down through the lines that would affect both receivers at the same time or if it was related to any downloads coming down that night that killed the guide. Was there any downloads around the 17th?

I took,Altas, suggestion and went further with it. Since we know that the H20/600 has air vents on the top and bottom,that, I figured, that with the receiver sitting on anything, that it wasn't getting enough air flow. So, what I did, which is very simple, was put a block on each underside, of the receiver, a 1" X 2" X 9 3/8", and raise up the receiver so, that it was getting a better air flow. I believe this will stop the overheating problem, which I know, in my case it has. I hope this helps anyone, with a similar problem. Enjoy Ya'll:up

no its a known issue probably caused by a software upgrade call d soon for them to replace your recievers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)