2 Receivers affect one another

Status
Please reply by conversation.

godfather818

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Hey guys, I recently moved to a new address and when I setup my dish and connected the 2 receivers to the dual LNB via a switch, first month was working good. After a month, the channels watching on first receiver affected the second. Like if I put some channel on the first, second receiver I can only view H channels. Is this a switch problem? I have an extra Directv Zinwell 4x4 switch, will this work with 97W dual lnb? Thanks

Last edited:
Could you explain how you have the 4 x 4 switch wired up in your system? If you have only one LNBF, there's no need for a switch. Simply run each output from your dual output LNBF to each receiver.

They were probably trying to eliminate some extra wiring to the dish by using a switch. If you want to continue using the switch there must be two lines coming from the dish to the switch.
If there are sufficient cables coming from the dish it may be a switch problem.
More info on how it is all hooked up is necessary.

Thanks for the quick replys guys. I have 2 lines from the lnb to the switch, one line from each lnb. The reason I had the switch, I used to have 3 receivers. But since I now have 2, going straight to the lnb is a great idea, thanks guys. In the future if I get 3 receivers, If I replace this 2x4 switch with my new zinwell 4x4 switch will this work or is zinwell for Directv satellites only? Thanks

Last edited:
Zinwell switch will work perfect on free to air. I have one on my motorized setup (the 3x4...3rd port is for OTA) going to 4 receivers (only one controls the motor though) ;)

Do you have:
1. Two LNBFs, each with one output?
2. One LNBF with two outputs?

If you have two LNBFs, each with one output, you can only connect to one receiver using a DiSEqC 2x1 or a 22KHz 2x1 switch.

If you have one LNBF with two outputs, you may connect as many receivers as the switch has outputs. I.E. 2x4, 2x6, 3x4, 3x6, etc.

If you have two LNBFs, each with two outputs, you may connect as many receivers as the switch has outputs. I.E. 4x4, 4x6, 5x4, 5x6, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)