2007 Big Ten versus SEC Thread

This will probably the easiest for the SEC in a long time, Wisconsin? Come on Tenn will wipe the matt with them.. Mich? Florida will show them why Teabow should win the Heismen.... Florida has not lost a game yet with all its ducks healthy. and by Jan 1st they will be.. and Of course LSU vs OSU will be another OSU slaughter.. They should of learned their lesson last year but it seems they want more...

This will probably the easiest for the SEC in a long time, Wisconsin? Come on Tenn will wipe the matt with them.. Mich? Florida will show them why Teabow should win the Heismen.... Florida has not lost a game yet with all its ducks healthy. and by Jan 1st they will be.. and Of course LSU vs OSU will be another OSU slaughter.. They should of learned their lesson last year but it seems they want more...

Well, that's it. I don't have to watch those games now, for that matter, why even play them? Don't be so sure buddy, and don't eat a lot in the New Year, you might need to find room for those words. :D

The fans showed up in Glendale AZ. Evidently, the team forgot to make the trip :)

I was in tempe in 2002 and that stadium was 70% + OSU fans. That city was taken over!

Apparently the refs took over too.....I think we all remember the phantom P.I. garbage to "keep em alive" at the end. Too bad for OSU that they got destroyed last year or the refs coulda gave em that one too......

I agree. Lloyd Carr has a horrible bowl record, and Michigan seems to under perform in recent years in Bowl games.

I personally believe Ohio State is over rated... especially on offense. They have a great defense, but their offense could not put up enough points to over come Illinois. Their offense also struggled against Michigan State's awful defense and OSU only won by 7. LSU has played 7 ranked teams this year compared to Ohio State's four. So LSU has more quality wins. And I don't care how you dice it, LSU has a tougher offense, and their defense is not far behind Ohio State.

Joe,
Just something to think about :
Ohio State is NOT suppose to be good at all this year (offensivley) they started a rookie QB all year, it's a year that when we all started the season we said WHO, when asked about Beokman. We knew the D* would be good and continue to get better, but in reality if you had said that they would end up in the top 5 in the country I would have been estatic.
They lost most of thier playmakers to the Pro's.
Anthony Gonzalas is playing well with Indy, Ted Ginn, well, what can you say, it's Miami, although he's not a #1 receiver and never will be and the media should not ever say he is, he is getting playing time at rec.
He has had a decient year returning kicks/ punts.
Pittman went to New Orleans, too early in my opinion and he will sit behind the 2 runnign backs in N.O. until one retires ...
And Troy Smith is in Baltimore and SHOULD be getting playing time after seeing thier season get progressivly worse.

So the Offense was pretty much brand new ......
I would say they have done quite well for themselves.

Jimbo

Thats what you all said last year and the SEC went something like 1-4 against the Big Ten.

Jimbo

Apparently the refs took over too.....I think we all remember the phantom P.I. garbage to "keep em alive" at the end. Too bad for OSU that they got destroyed last year or the refs coulda gave em that one too......

I'll be like Salsa and mccoyrj now.

Sheesh, Give it a break, Get Over IT ....

Jimbo

In the bowls? Weren't there only three games? The series has been very close recently. I think over the last 5 years the Big Ten is leading 8-7.

Yea but we beat you thats all that counts :)

jw,
It could have been only 3 games, I don't remember, so they ended up 3-1 in favor of the Big Ten

stevenl,
I perfer to talk about teams, but these guys all want to talk about Conference, I could care less about the Conference, it's the teams that I watch. Who cares if Northwestern is playing Mississippi .....

Stevenl,
Your win over Ohio State was LAST YEAR I really could care less..... the year ends on Jan 31st and then I don't think about the previous year, it's on to what can we do next year. (thats the way I do it anyways, don't really care about last year.)

Jimbo

Jimbo, The SEC fans have to care about last year becuase that was their only bowl win againts the Big 10.

That game gets played today, there is no OT and no "phantom" PI. Gamble had both feet in bounds on 3rd down. Replay totally shows that. In todays game, thats called a catch and OSU runs out the clock

But I think Jimbo said it best......GET OVER IT!

Just for the record

The SEC leads the Big Ten with a 63-45-2 all-time record.
The SEC has a .582 winning percentage versus the Big Ten.

How about Bowl Games only?

Conf --- # of Bowls -- # of wins -- #of Losses -- Ties
SEC -- 352 -- 177 -- 162 -- 13
Big10 -- 226 -- 111 -- 112 -- 3

Now the bowls are a bit scewed up until what the early 70's the bigten only let 1 team goto a bowl.

Lets look at national titles now these are from 1936 to present and are based on the AP poll (and BCS from 1998 till now)

(Lets also note that it is based on teams currently in the conference, so the Big12 got most of its titles when it was the Big 8,
# Big 12 – (16)
# SEC -- (14)
# Big Ten -- (13)
# ACC -- (9)
# Pac-10 -- (4)
# Big East -- (3)

Last edited:
Joe,
Just something to think about :
Ohio State is NOT suppose to be good at all this year (offensivley) they started a rookie QB all year, it's a year that when we all started the season we said WHO, when asked about Beokman. We knew the D* would be good and continue to get better, but in reality if you had said that they would end up in the top 5 in the country I would have been estatic.
They lost most of thier playmakers to the Pro's.
Anthony Gonzalas is playing well with Indy, Ted Ginn, well, what can you say, it's Miami, although he's not a #1 receiver and never will be and the media should not ever say he is, he is getting playing time at rec.
He has had a decient year returning kicks/ punts.
Pittman went to New Orleans, too early in my opinion and he will sit behind the 2 runnign backs in N.O. until one retires ...
And Troy Smith is in Baltimore and SHOULD be getting playing time after seeing thier season get progressivly worse.

So the Offense was pretty much brand new ......
I would say they have done quite well for themselves.

Jimbo

I agree that the offense has done well for it self under the circumstances they came into the year with. It is just simply not going to be enough though.

That game gets played today, there is no OT and no "phantom" PI. Gamble had both feet in bounds on 3rd down. Replay totally shows that. In todays game, thats called a catch and OSU runs out the clock

But I think Jimbo said it best......GET OVER IT!

LOL, the game wasnt played today, it was played years ago. And for the record, I dont like either team and didnt care who won it. Whether or not your player had his feet in bounds or not on another play is irrelevant, that happens a lot when a player is close to the line in fast motion (hence, part of the reason they implemented replay). In the end, the refs handed the game to OSU on a TERRIBLE call. And, also for the record, I am "over it" (seeing as how I didnt care in the first place). You brought it up, I just pointed out the way in which the game was won.

Just for the record

The SEC leads the Big Ten with a 63-45-2 all-time record.
The SEC has a .582 winning percentage versus the Big Ten.

How about Bowl Games only?

Conf --- # of Bowls -- # of wins -- #of Losses -- Ties
SEC -- 352 -- 177 -- 162 -- 13
Big10 -- 226 -- 111 -- 112 -- 3

Now the bowls are a bit scewed up until what the early 70's the bigten only let 1 team goto a bowl.

Lets look at national titles now these are from 1936 to present and are based on the AP poll (and BCS from 1998 till now)

(Lets also note that it is based on teams currently in the conference, so the Big12 got most of its titles when it was the Big 8,
# Big 12 – (16)
# SEC -- (14)
# Big Ten -- (13)
# ACC -- (9)
# Pac-10 -- (4)
# Big East -- (3)

Yawn. Curious though, whats so special about 1936?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts