2007 Big Ten versus SEC Thread

Jim Tressel

A short story about Jim Tressel:

Tyson Gentry is a young man that is from Sandusky Perkins High School . He walked on at OSU as a freshmen for wide receiver. He was doing well, but he went up over the middle for a high pass and was hit and came down wrong and has been paralyzed from the waist on down. Now for the rest of the story.

The following is a true Jim Tressel story you WON'T read about (and that's unfortunate).

A friend of Tyson Gentry (and his family) came to Columbus a few weeks ago and he came away with the following story after spending an afternoon with them:

Gentry works out (rehabs) at the OSU football facility and he spends alot of time on one machine in particular. About a month ago Tressel is walking through the room and stops by to say hello to Gentry. Real small talk type of stuff, Tressel asked him about the rehab, etc... and Gentry mentions things are going well. Tressel asks about some of the exercises that Gentry does and Gentry mentioned that the machine he is presently on seems to do the best for him and that he uses it whenever it is available. Apparently it is a popular machine to use in the facility. After a couple of more minutes of talk, Tressel leaves and that's it.

However, the following week Gentry goes to the doctor's office for a visit, etc.. comes back home and in his garage is a brand new version of that machine...paid for ($6,000) by Tressel himself with a note that says "you'll never have to wait in line to use it again."

No additional comments needed. He's a class guy.

He won't get outcoached again this year. (Yes, he was outcoached last year vs. FLA)
Ohio State has never lost to LSU.

Apparently the refs took over too.....I think we all remember the phantom P.I. garbage to "keep em alive" at the end. Too bad for OSU that they got destroyed last year or the refs coulda gave em that one too......

Poster.jpg

I had to bring this back to the front page, because I figured none of you SEC fanatics would. Maybe you would like to re-read some of your posts. I normally shy away from this kind of thing, but IF it weren't for Mike Hart fumbling twice inside the 10 yd. line (And this kid only fumbled once before, 1002 carries ago) this game would have been a 20 pt. blowout.:p

I had to bring this back to the front page, because I figured none of you SEC fanatics would. Maybe you would like to re-read some of your posts. I normally shy away from this kind of thing, but IF it weren't for Mike Hart fumbling twice inside the 10 yd. line (And this kid only fumbled once before, 1002 carries ago) this game would have been a 20 pt. blowout.:p

This is the first time I have seen this thread. :rolleyes:

i don't know that michigan would have won in a blowout. i'll certainly agree they had the better team on the field and they deserved to win. i'm certainly very happy for lloyd carr too!

i actually was at a friends house so i didn't see much of the game. i understand florida had some costly turnovers and missed, at least, one field goal. whether or not that would have made a difference without hart's fumbles i'm not sure.

You buying a 2008 Capital One Bowl champions T-shirt?

I think Michigan just wanted the game more, there is going to be a natural let down after playing for the MNC last year, and now playing a game 90 minutes from your campus.

I rooted for all the SEC teams, except Georgia(I have dignity), so go LSU don't lets us down, like Florida did!@

It's really a shame that major conferences don't play more meaningful games against one another prior to conference play. I am not sure who the SEC beats up each year, but the Big Ten usually beats up on the MAC the first 2-3 games each year. I don't know about you, but I can do without those Michigan vs Eastern Michigan and Ohio State vs Toledo matchups.

What's really amazing is this will be first and only games between these two conferences...:(

Last two years Ohio State also played Texas in their pre conefrence schedule and play USC the next two years and Oklahoma the next two.

Jimbo

This will probably the easiest for the SEC in a long time, Wisconsin? Come on Tenn will wipe the matt with them.. Mich? Florida will show them why Teabow should win the Heismen.... Florida has not lost a game yet with all its ducks healthy. and by Jan 1st they will be.. and Of course LSU vs OSU will be another OSU slaughter.. They should of learned their lesson last year but it seems they want more...

Well,
Your 0 for 2 so far.
Wisconsin - Tennesee game was a 7 point game, hardly got the mat wiped with them.

Tebow the Hiesman wonder boy, played well in a losing cause ..... Does Florida have more than a running QB and a RB that is also their top receiver ?

Ohio State / LSU yet to come.

Jimbo

actually, you are wrong jimbo......the vols beat the badgers 21-17. my math ain't great but i believe that's 4 points.

and no florida hasn't had a good running game in a few years. we do have this usc transfer who had to sit this season out and a couple of signing prospects.

This will probably the easiest for the SEC in a long time, Wisconsin? Come on Tenn will wipe the matt with them.. Mich? Florida will show them why Teabow should win the Heismen.... Florida has not lost a game yet with all its ducks healthy. and by Jan 1st they will be.. and Of course LSU vs OSU will be another OSU slaughter.. They should of learned their lesson last year but it seems they want more...

Well,
Your 0 for 2 so far.
Wisconsin - Tennesee game was a 7 point game, hardly got the mat wiped with them.

Tebow the Hiesman wonder boy, played well in a losing cause ..... Does Florida have more than a running QB and a RB that is also their top receiver ?

Jimbo

actually, you are wrong jimbo......the vols beat the badgers 21-17. my math ain't great but i believe that's 4 points.

and no florida hasn't had a good running game in a few years. we do have this usc transfer who had to sit this season out and a couple of signing prospects.

What I was referring to is the fact that they did not get used as the door mat .... I was not worried about the spread, just that it was not a lopsided game like Stevenl thougth it would be. :)

Jimbo

One helluva tie breaker is coming up. :)

:up

Ya know, it will be nice if both teams play well and that the layoffs do not effect the game.

This would be a great place for all the BCS bowl winners to line up and play a small playoff so we can take the M out of the MNC game !

Jimbo

i don't know that michigan would have won in a blowout. i'll certainly agree they had the better team on the field and they deserved to win. i'm certainly very happy for lloyd carr too!

i actually was at a friends house so i didn't see much of the game. i understand florida had some costly turnovers and missed, at least, one field goal. whether or not that would have made a difference without hart's fumbles i'm not sure.

You have it reversed on who had the costly turnovers. Michigan had 4 turnovers in the game and Florida did not turn the ball over to them (unless you consider not making a 4th down at the end of the game a costly turnover). Florida did a very good job at keeping their hands on the ball. Now if Mike Hart would not have forgotten how to hold onto the ball Michigan would have most likely scored another 14 points.

You're right. You didn't see the game. If you had you would know I'm right.:D

You have it reversed on who had the costly turnovers. Michigan had 4 turnovers in the game and Florida did not turn the ball over to them (unless you consider not making a 4th down at the end of the game a costly turnover). Florida did a very good job at keeping their hands on the ball. Now if Mike Hart would not have forgotten how to hold onto the ball Michigan would have most likely scored another 14 points.

Thank you for sparing me all that typing.

GO BLUE!!!!

Well,
Your 0 for 2 so far.

Jimbo

Ya the score does no justice I think Mich wiped the mat with Florida. They just seemed like they were playing for nothing. Mich was moving the ball faster, teabow ran like what I saw 5 times or less. Floridas offense never got going Michs defense played tough. Good job to Mich on kicking some serious ass..

The Vols won, as if I had any doubt :p and again the game was a bit closer by score but I think the vols just seemed to have total control.

LSU vs OSU I guess the one that really matters, Good luck to you guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts