2007 MLB Team Wins Prediction

Personally , I would think Pavano to be a down grade from Randy last year.
Randy may not have been at his best, but he did WIN 17 GAMES last year.
I would morgage my house that Pavano would NOT do that this year, regardless of run support.

Jimbo

Jimbo,

Randy was a bust in NY. The guy had an ERA of 5.0. He did not win 17 games; the offense did that. They scored 7 runs per game for each of his wins and many of those they had to score more because he gave the lead back the next inning. In the playoffs, he was another bust. Randy was a bust. In another team, without the Yankees offense, Randy would have not won 17 games. Also the guy ruined the bullpen everytime he pitched. You should have followed this guy all season and you would have seen how happy Yankee fans are that Randy is gone and Pavano is back.

At least Pavano has more potential than Randy.... I am sure that if Randy could win 17 with 7 runs per game, Pavano or any other pitcher in the league can do it.

Jimbo,

Randy was a bust in NY. The guy had an ERA of 5.0. He did not win 17 games; the offense did that. They scored 7 runs per game for each of his wins and many of those they had to score more because he gave the lead back the next inning. In the playoffs, he was another bust. Randy was a bust. In another team, without the Yankees offense, Randy would have not won 17 games. Also the guy ruined the bullpen everytime he pitched. You should have followed this guy all season and you would have seen how happy Yankee fans are that Randy is gone and Pavano is back.

At least Pavano has more potential than Randy.... I am sure that if Randy could win 17 with 7 runs per game, Pavano or any other pitcher in the league can do it.

I would be willing to bet you right now that Carl Pavono does NOT win 17 games this year.

You in ?

I realize that Randy got a lot of run support, but he still won 17 games regardless, take those 17 away from the yanks and they would have been in 4th place in the AL East.

How many did Carl win last year ??????????????????????

Oh ya, less than 5,
Randy was a bust, I agree, he was not the same Randy that I have watched since Montreal, but Pavano would be lucky to carry his luggage.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad the Tigers did not sign him when they were looking at him.

Jimbo

I would be willing to bet you right now that Carl Pavono does NOT win 17 games this year.

You in ?

I realize that Randy got a lot of run support, but he still won 17 games regardless, take those 17 away from the yanks and they would have been in 4th place in the AL East.

How many did Carl win last year ??????????????????????

Oh ya, less than 5,
Randy was a bust, I agree, he was not the same Randy that I have watched since Montreal, but Pavano would be lucky to carry his luggage.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad the Tigers did not sign him when they were looking at him.

Jimbo

Carl has not pitched for two years because of injuries... but the year that he pitched he did win 18 games. I am not going to bet you on it since Pavano is coming from an injury two years but all I am saying is that Randy was no better than an under-average pitcher in a good team.

Carl has not pitched for two years because of injuries... but the year that he pitched he did win 18 games. I am not going to bet you on it since Pavano is coming from an injury two years but all I am saying is that Randy was no better than an under-average pitcher in a good team.

Except that Randy has had ongoing back injuies for the last 3 + years.
My pediction is that Pavano gets traded, if not he wins 8-10 games this year (as a Yankee) and is lucky if the stays in the Starting Rotation.

I see Randy winning 12 - 15 games this year.

Jimbo

Except that Randy has had ongoing back injuies for the last 3 + years.
My pediction is that Pavano gets traded, if not he wins 8-10 games this year (as a Yankee) and is lucky if the stays in the Starting Rotation.

I see Randy winning 12 - 15 games this year.

Jimbo

Before Randy came to the Yanks his era was under 2.5 injury or not. After he came to the Yanks he was not the same guy and he was hit with no remorse by the American League hitters. With a team like the Diamondbacks, I'll be shocked if he wins 15 games. Pavano will not get traded. Who is going to take a guy on the last year of his contract assuming that he is not pitching well and the Yanks want to trade him. He has no trade value if he is pitching bad. And if he pitches well the Yanks will not trade him. I predict that Pavano wins 13 games easy on this team ONLY if he can give 5 innings per game... just like Randy did last year. With this kind of offense is easy to do this. With the Diamondbacks offense it is not easy for Randy to win 15 games and his 5.0 ERA.

Before Randy came to the Yanks his era was under 2.5 injury or not. After he came to the Yanks he was not the same guy and he was hit with no remorse by the American League hitters. With a team like the Diamondbacks, I'll be shocked if he wins 15 games. Pavano will not get traded. Who is going to take a guy on the last year of his contract assuming that he is not pitching well and the Yanks want to trade him. He has no trade value if he is pitching bad. And if he pitches well the Yanks will not trade him. I predict that Pavano wins 13 games easy on this team ONLY if he can give 5 innings per game... just like Randy did last year. With this kind of offense is easy to do this. With the Diamondbacks offense it is not easy for Randy to win 15 games and his 5.0 ERA.

IF Pavano does not picth well and he doesn't get traded, they will release him.

Jimbo

I'm a Royals fan and it doesn't help any playing in the tough AL Central, but if the Royals can improve and get 70-80 wins, i'll be very happy and it'll be a first step in the right direction for the future of the Royals :)

I may be laughed out of the room but it was music to my ears (and they are one of my favorites), but I've heard that there is a great deal of excitement in Toronto. It may mean something and it may mean nothing, but I do recall them getting on a pretty good winning streak after the All-Star break last year that was good enough to slide them above the Sox but still not good enough to catch up to the Yankees.

Cade

here are my preditions too:

National East

Braves 95
Phillies 85
Marlins 85
Mets 80 (no pitching)
D.C. 70

National Central

Cardinals 85
Pirates 85:D
Astros 83
Reds 80:p
Cubs 70 (except for Carlos Zambrano there pitching sucks)

National West

Dodgers 85
Padres 85
Giants 80
Rockies 75

American East

Red Sox 90
Blue Jays 90
Yankees 85
Orioles 80
Rays 70

American Central

Tigers 95
Twins 90
Indians 80
White Sox 80
Royals 62

American West

Angels 90
Rangers 85
A's 80
Mariners 80

Tigers and Braves in the World Series, Braves win.

These numbers are almost exactly how I feel. I was just playing around with a pad trying to figure things out a couple of days ago and it's almost identical. I have three differences: First, I had the Indians finishing above the Twins with the Tigers still winning the division. I don't have the Dodgers on top and see the Padres winning the division. Finally, I just don't see the Pirates doing so well and predict it will be the Astros chasing the Cards.

Otherwise, I was in total agreement.

Cade

They sure looked great today vs the Red Sox :( They'll not win the AL Central... But I think they can be the surprise team this year. They sure looked better than I have seen them the last 10 years...

Their new GM from Atlanta has made the best moves in MLB since he arrived in Kansas City and has turned that team around. I really think if they did not play in the AL Central, they would actually have a shot at a post season bid. Good Luck to your Royals...

I'm a Royals fan and it doesn't help any playing in the tough AL Central, but if the Royals can improve and get 70-80 wins, i'll be very happy and it'll be a first step in the right direction for the future of the Royals :)

They sure looked great today vs the Red Sox :( They'll not win the AL Central... But I think they can be the surprise team this year. They sure looked better than I have seen them the last 10 years...

Their new GM from Atlanta has made the best moves in MLB since he arrived in Kansas City and has turned that team around. I really think if they did not play in the AL Central, they would actually have a shot at a post season bid. Good Luck to your Royals...

Thanks. I've been impressed with what the Royals got out of their starting pitching these last 3 games, just wished I could say the same about the bullpen :rolleyes: Hopefully the bats will come around and produce more outings similar to opening day..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts