2008 MLB Playoffs

This is stupid .... they just get started and they have to take a day off between game 1 and 2 ....

No wonder the WS is played in NOVEMBER in possibly 20*-30* weather.

Stupidity on who ever decided that this was a good thing.

Jimbo

Couldn't agree more, Jimbo! :up

Question:

In the old days, the World Series used to be on weekday afternoons during the week.

Many of us have naturally complained that the games are too late at night and the weather's awful.

However, in the old days, it was impossible for us to see games.

Bill, you were probably in school when the Red Sox and other teams played playoff games on weekday afternoons, and I'll bet it was very frustrating to miss out on about 4-5 innings.

Should the Fall Classic return to the daytime, or does that deprive millions of viewers?

Question:

In the old days, the World Series used to be on weekday afternoons during the week.

Many of us have naturally complained that the games are too late at night and the weather's awful.

Bill, you were probably in school when the Red Sox and other teams played playoff games on weekday afternoons, and I'll bet it was very frustrating to miss out on about 4-5 innings.

Should the Fall Classic return to the daytime, or does that deprive millions of viewers?

Sabres,
When the Tigers were in the playoffs in the early 70's My teacher had a TV in the room and we watched the Tigers when they played day games !!!

What a great teacher, she had great attendance and all the kids did what she wanted . :)

Jimbo

Question:

I believe WEEKEND World Series games should be played in the afternoon, but MLB is too afraid to go up against college football and the NFL.

With the Phillies clinching the NL East today, it will be the Cubs and the Phils with HFA in the NLDS.

I agree. The late night starts really take away from the young kids being able to watch the baseball playoffs.

Exactly. It's sad when you drive by these ball fields and see them empty. I swear a lot of that has to do with MLB making these games unaccessable to the kids. :(

I do agree that games should start earlier, but not too early.

Bill, when the Red Sox were playing daytime games in the 1975 ALCS against Oakland, you were probably in school not knowing what the score was until you got home.

I do agree that games should start earlier, but not too early.

Bill, when the Red Sox were playing daytime games in the 1975 ALCS against Oakland, you were probably in school not knowing what the score was until you got home.

That's true, but I was honestly too young to care or remember.

In the late 70's I remember a lot of afternoon LCS games involving the Yankees, Royals, Dodgers, Phillies, Pirates, and Reds.

I would miss the first few innings, but I remember looking forward to them when I got out of school. :D

We now have our matchups for the NLDS all set. It will be:

MILWAUKEE BREWERS
vs.
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

AND...............................................................

LOS ANGELES DODGERS
vs.
CHICAGO CUBS

I think I my root for the Cubs/Dodgers and that's it. Whoever wins that series, I'll root against the Brewers/Phillies.

With the Mets and Yankees not in the playoffs and Milwaukee and Tampa in,

that surely will hurt the ratings a bit.

I don't think so.

You have traditional Big market teams in as well.

You have 2 teams from LA,
2 teams from Chicago,(pending tomorrows game) Boston, Philly, Milwaukee, not tooooo far from Chicago.
And the best story in baseball this year, the Tampa Bay Rays :):):)

I knew it would turn out so that George Stienbrenner could be happy after all, he is a TB fan right ? You would think that he owned them too.

Jimbo

I think I my root for the Cubs/Dodgers and that's it. Whoever wins that series, I'll root against the Brewers/Phillies.

Aw, come on...show a little more sportsmanship than that! :p

Just kidding. I know how you feel. The Cubs are in my favorite teams division and hell would have to freeze over before I pulled for them. To be honest, I'm pulling for the Brewers (long shot I know) because their fans are way better sports than the Cubs, Phillies, and some teams fans. Brewer fans tailgate every game like college football fans do! Gotta love 'em. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)