2008 MLB Playoffs

When the Red Sox were in the 1967 World Series, my high school in southern New Hampshire carried the live radio broadcast on the intercom system. A few years earlier, I know there were lots of school systems that did that for every World Series. After all, baseball was America's Game back then.

BTW, who will be the Red Sox fourth starter: Wakefield or Byrd? Notice that when Bartoilo Colon jumped ship rather than pitch out of the bullpen, the Red Sox management didn't make much of a stink about it. Colon had let them have him for the remainder of the season "on the cheap", in hopes of it jumpstarting his career as a starter. He may feel that when they subsequently obtained Byrd and wouldn't put him back in the rotation, after he had pitched well both in the majors and in the minors during his injured list rehab, that they were not honoring whatever informal agrement they might have had regarding him having an opportunity to earn his way back into the rotation.

When the Red Sox were in the 1967 World Series, my high school in southern New Hampshire carried the live radio broadcast on the intercom system. A few years earlier, I know there were lots o school systems that did that for every World Series. After all, baseball was America's Game back then.

BTW, who will be the Red Sox fourth starter: Wakefield or Byrd. Notice that when Bartoilo COlon jumped ship rather than pitch out of the bullpen, the Red Sox management didn;t make much of a stink about it. COlon had let them have him for the remainder of the season "on the cheap", in hopes of it jumpstarting his career as a starter. He may feel that when they subsequently obtained Byrd and wouldn't put himself back in the rotation after he had pitched well both in the majors and in the minors during his injured list rehab, thatr they were not honoring whatever informal agrement they might have had regarding him having an opportunity to earn his way back into the rotation.

The Sox won't need a fourth starter because the Angels chose the "long" series. If the series goes the full five games, Francona will be able to go Beckett-Lester-Matsuzaka-Beckett-Lester all on regular rest.

If the Sox do advance to the ALCS (and World Series), I'm hoping Tito chooses Byrd as his fourth starter.

hard to make that call, at least for ALCS; Wakefield had owned dome teams (TB... Minn possibly) prior to this year

That's an excellent point :up.

Wakefield, at least historically, does MUCH better in domes (I think it has something to do with the lack wind being able to affect his knuckler).

Bill, KCK,

on the days your teams don't face off in their ALDS,

which NLDS matchup are you more excited for: Brew Crew/Phillies or Cubbies/Dodgers?

Bill, KCK,

on the days your teams don't face off in their ALDS,

which NLDS matchup are you more excited for: Brew Crew/Phillies or Cubbies/Dodgers?

Without question: Dodgers/Cubs.

And I think you know THE reason. It's been pretty well documented on here. ;)

Here's a start : TBS

09/28/2008 9:51 PM ET
Division Series broadcast schedule announced
TBS to Televise All Division Series Games; ESPN Radio Will Provide National Coverage

The following is the national broadcast schedule for the potential tie-breaker game that will determine the American League Central title and the American League and National League Division Series through Saturday, October 4th. TBS will telecast all Division Series games and ESPN Radio will provide national coverage. Additional coverage of the Division Series games will be provided by XM Radio and MLB.com.

All times are Air Times and ET

Tuesday, September 30th
7:30 p.m. MIN @ CWS - A.L. Central Tie-Breaker (IF NECESSARY) on TBS

Wednesday, October 1st
3:00 p.m. MIL @ PHI
6:30 p.m. LAD @ CHI
10:00 p.m. BOS @ LAA

Thursday, October 2nd
2:30 p.m. CWS or MIN @ TB
6:00 p.m. MIL @ PHI
9:30 p.m. LAD @ CHI

Friday, October 3rd
6:00 p.m. CWS or MIN @ TB
9:30 p.m. BOS @ LAA

Saturday, October 4th
6:30 p.m. PHI @ MIL
10:00 p.m. CHI @ LAD

Perfect .....

The Red Sox don't play till 10 pm and the Cubbies don't play till 9:30

That sounds perfect for great ratings for TBS

The Cub's notoriously would LIKE to play DAY games, 9:30 ought to work out perfect for them.

Last year I thought that TBS did a nice job with scheduling, not so this year.
1st Cub game is 6:30 and then the next two are late .... why is that if the 9:30 game is IN CHICAGO ?

Jimbo

What's gonna happen if one game runs long past the time it's supposed to?

Last year, I recall a Red Sox/Angels game on a different channel until the Yanks/Tribe 'Bug Game' ended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts