2008 MLB Playoffs

WEDNESDAY'S PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUPS

Brewers (Yovani Gallardo...0-0....1.88) @ Phillies (Cole Hamels...14-10....3.09) 3:07pm ET

Dodgers (Derek Lowe...14-11....3.24) @ Cubs (Ryan Dempster...17-6....2.96) 6:37pm ET

Red Sox (Jon Lester...16-6....3.21) @ Angels (John Lackey...12-5....3.75) 10:07pm ET

Last edited:
Today it's on espn2 hd and wgn hd. Tomorrow tbs hd, if necessary at 7:30pm eastern.
This game is on at 2 pm on Monday to see if the Twins win the AL Central or the play a playoff game on Tuesday.

Is the Tigers / Wh Sox game on TBS ...HD or ESPN or local FSN's

Nothing is listed in the guide.
Nothing is listed on HD Sports Guide either, as of yet.

Jimbo

It looks like 22 year-old Yovani Gallaro- not Jeff Suppan- will pitch game 1 Wednesday for the Brewers.

C.C. Sabathia, again pitching on three days rest, will pitch game 2 on Thusday.

Here's the TBS announcers for the LDS series:

Milwaukee-Philadelphia: Brian Anderson/Joe Simpson/John Smoltz

LA Dodgers-Chicago Cubs: Dick Stockton/Ron Darling/Tony Gwynn

Boston-LA Angels: Chip Caray/Buck Martinez

MIN/CHW-Tampa Bay: Don Orsillo/Harold Reynolds

Brain Anderson is the PBP for the Brewers. He replaced Daron Sutton 2 years ago. He is OK but to me he has a voice and style better fit for the NFL.

Thanks, KCK

In that case, I'm shocked that TBS is assigning him to the Brewers series! :confused:

Here's the TBS announcers for the LDS series:

Milwaukee-Philadelphia: Brian Anderson/Joe Simpson/John Smoltz

LA Dodgers-Chicago Cubs: Dick Stockton/Ron Darling/Tony Gwynn

Boston-LA Angels: Chip Caray/Buck Martinez

MIN/CHW-Tampa Bay: Don Orsillo/Harold Reynolds

Why does the AL only require 2 announcers? The less the better in my book, but I just find this odd. No?:confused:

Thanks, KCK

In that case, I'm shocked that TBS is assigning him to the Brewers series! :confused:

Nah, FOX occasionally uses a team's booth man on a Saturday game. Jerry has done a few of those infamous, repetative Yanks/Sox games.

It actually adds some local "flavor" to the broadcast as along as no one becomes a "homer".

Nah, FOX occasionally uses a team's booth man on a Saturday game. Jerry has done a few of those infamous, repetative Yanks/Sox games.

It actually adds some local "flavor" to the broadcast as along as no one becomes a "homer".

Right. Can you imagine if TBS hired Hawk Harrelson to do a series, and then assigned him to (if they make it) the White Sox series? :eek:

Right. Can you imagine if TBS hired Hawk Harrelson to do a series, and then assigned him to (if they make it) the White Sox series? :eek:

Bill, that is why a man like Scully is so beloved and rare. All those World Series games he called on the networks when the dodgers were involved and he handled it as even-keeled as any man ever has.

Bill, that is why a man like Scully is so beloved and rare. All those World Series games he called on the networks when the dodgers were involved and he handled it as even-keeled as any man ever has.

That's why I say, when Vinny turns the mic off for the last time we will lose an American treasure. :(

I understand he's the voice of the Dodgers, but I really believe that he's THE voice of baseball!

+1 :up Ernie and Vinny could NEVER be replaced!

Both Mount Rushmore of MLB men indeed. Yet, so uniquely different. Ernie as down-home and America's Heartland as a man could possibly be...Vinny as refined and classy (yet not a snob) as a man could possibly be.

Though I now despise the Dodgers, I still tune in to listen to Vinny when I can. Scully calling a game on a warm Summer night as you sip an after-dinner drink to unwind the day...PRICELESS!!!

He has one more year on his contract, Bill. Time is running out. We hang on to his every word. Though he does not travel outside the NL West to do games, he has agreed to do radio on KABC-AM for the run of the Dodgers in the post. He'll solo innings 1-3 and 6-9....and on radio he is a totally different poet. My ears will be tuned to a radio even as I watch the Angels just to make sure I don't miss a minute of Scully.:heart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts