2008 MLB Playoffs

World Series Nickname possbilities....

White Sox Vs. Cubs- Windy City Series
White Sox Vs. Brewers- I-94 Series
Angels vs. Dodgers- Freeway Series
Rays vs. Brewers- The Economy Series
Rays vs. Phillies- The U.S. 19 Series (Spring Training wise until 2009 when the Rays move to Port Charlotte).

It's useless garbage but figured I would share it.

Both Mount Rushmore of MLB men indeed. Yet, so uniquely different. Ernie as down-home and America's Heartland as a man could possibly be...Vinny as refined and classy (yet not a snob) as a man could possibly be.

Though I now despise the Dodgers, I still tune in to listen to Vinny when I can. Scully calling a game on a warm Summer night as you sip an after-dinner drink to unwind the day...PRICELESS!!!

He has one more year on his contract, Bill. Time is running out. We hang on to his every word. Though he does not travel outside the NL West to do games, he has agreed to do radio on KABC-AM for the run of the Dodgers in the post. He'll solo innings 1-3 and 6-9....and on radio he is a totally different poet. My ears will be tuned to a radio even as I watch the Angels just to make sure I don't miss a minute of Scully.:heart

Does this mean he's retiring after next year, or will he sign another contract ?

Jimbo

World Series Nickname possbilities....

White Sox Vs. Cubs- Windy City Series
White Sox Vs. Brewers- I-94 Series
Angels vs. Dodgers- Freeway Series
Rays vs. Brewers- The Economy Series
Rays vs. Phillies- The U.S. 19 Series (Spring Training wise until 2009 when the Rays move to Port Charlotte).

It's useless garbage but figured I would share it.

:up I like it.

Rays vs. Dodgers- The Vacation Mecca series

Red Sox vs. Dodgers- The Ingrate returns home series

I can think of one even worse.....................

Twins vs. Brewers

I want to agree with you, but I was looking at the ratings for Fall Classics that involved the Twins:

A 24.0 rating in both 1987 and 1991, and the Cardinals and Braves didn't exactly come from mega-markets.

Red Sox-Phillies: All Players MUST have thick-skin series

Personally, I'd call Boston/Philly a 'Battle of the Bandbox Stadiums.'

Fenway and Citizens Bank are offensive pinball machines.

I want to agree with you, but I was looking at the ratings for Fall Classics that involved the Twins:

A 24.0 rating in both 1987 and 1991, and the Cardinals and Braves didn't exactly come from mega-markets.

You may be right, the Twins are after all a "regional" team.

This may be true, but Fenway was built a 1000 years ago, citizen is fairly new and built that way INTENTIONALLY.

Jimbo

Fenway's reputation as a homerun hitter's paradise is wayyyy overrated:

1. Since they built that club behind homeplate 15-20 years ago it definitely changed the wind patterns.

2. Fenway's "Green Monster" taketh away as much as it giveth.

3. The last five years Fenway has been in the bottom five of homers hit in American League ballparks.

4. In recent years several Red Sox players have hit more homers on the road than they did at Fenway.

The Angels/Red Sox should be a great series. As far as who I'm rooting for, I'll be Switzerland. It should be a great series. Hell, I'd root for any team or teams that be the hell out of the Yankees.

The Angels/Red Sox should be a great series. As far as who I'm rooting for, I'll be Switzerland. It should be a great series. Hell, I'd root for any team or teams that be the hell out of the Yankees.

Heck, thats the only good thing about the Yanks making the playoffs most years,so I have someone to root for ....... anyone that plays against the Yankees :D
Except the White Sox ...:eek:

jimbo

Heck, thats the only good thing about the Yanks making the playoffs most years,so I have someone to root for ....... anyone that plays against the Yankees :D
Except the White Sox ...:eek:

jimbo

Jimbo, I hear you. Is it just me or did the Yankee losses get worse and worse every year. I loved it.

WEDNESDAY'S PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUPS

Brewers (Yovani Gallardo...0-0....1.88) @ Phillies (Cole Hamels...14-10....3.09) 3:07pm ET

Dodgers (Derek Lowe...14-11....3.24) @ Cubs (Ryan Dempster...17-6....2.96) 6:37pm ET

Red Sox (Jon Lester...16-6....3.21) @ Angels (John Lackey...12-5....3.75) 10:07pm ET

THURSDAY'S PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUPS

TBD @ Rays (James Shields...14-8....3.56) 2:37pm ET

Brewers (C.C. Sabathia...17-10....2.70) @ Phillies (Brett Myers...10-13....4.55) 6:07pm ET

Dodgers (Chad Billingsley...16-10....3.14) @ Cubs (Carlos Zambrano...14-6....3.91) 9:37pm ET

Last edited:

Who's the biggest NFL disappointment so far this season?

Best World Series of all-time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)