2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
3. David Ortiz, DH
4. Kevin Youkilis, 3B
5. Jason Bay, LF
6. Mark Kotsay, 1B
7. Coco Crisp, CF
8. Kevin Cash, C
9. Jed Lowrie, SS

I'm glad Tito's shaking things up a bit.

I just wish he had Coco leading off (only to keep Drew's bat in the heart of the order), and dropped Papi down to 5th or 6th.

My wishful lineup:

1. Crisp (S)
2. Pedroia (R)
3. Drew (L)
4. Youk (R)
5. Ortiz (L)
6. Bay (R)
7. Kotsay (L)
8. Lowrie (S)
9. Cash (R)

We're now guaranteed of something special happening in the ALCS

Either:

1. The Rays win the AL pennant in their first ever trip to the postseason

OR

2. The Red Sox once again come back from the dead after being humiliated through the first four games of the ALCS.

'04- Down 0-3 to the Yankees after losing game 3 at Fenway, 19-8

'07- Down 1-3 to the Indians, and having to beat the #1 and #3 pitchers in the American League

Bill,

You are getting beat by Maddon via Mike. The Angels couldn't do it, so let Mike's protege do it for him!

I feel for ya, pal...I REALLY do.

This game tonight reminds me so much of game 3 of the '04 ALCS, it's eerie!

...2. The Red Sox once again come back from the dead after being humiliated through the first four games of the ALCS.

'04- Down 0-3 to the Yankees after losing game 3 at Fenway, 19-8

'07- Down 1-3 to the Indians, and having to beat the #1 and #3 pitchers in the American League

Manny had ten RBI and Lowell had eight RBI against Cleveland. They will combine for zero this year against Tampa Bay.

If Tampa goes on to win this series, I HOPE they still have enough to beat the Phillies.

Jimbo

Don't worry they will. This Rays team is for real!

And you heard it here, THE RAYS ARE NOT a one hit wonder.

They were saying earlier tonight, the Rays have 9 NINE:eek: MLB-ready starters going into 2009

Last edited:
Don't worry they will. This Rays team is for real!

And you heard it here, THE RAYS ARE NOT a one hit wonder.

They were saying earlier tonight, the Rays have 9 NINE:eek: MLB-ready starters going into 2009

They need to let the fans know that they will NOT be the Fla. Marlins and get rid of everyone after winning it.

Jimbo

They need to let the fans know that they will NOT be the Fla. Marlins and get rid of everyone after winning it.

Jimbo

Jimbo,
the difference is the Rays have most of these guys locked up for at least the next few years.

This game tonight reminds me so much of game 3 of the '04 ALCS, it's eerie!

The only difference is that the Red Sox have won 2 World Series in 4 yrs. Even if they lose, they still have that to fall back on. Hey, The Rays are for real and if they lose the Rays were the better team.

Time to break out what is, IMO, one of the most amazing stats in sports. IF the Red Sox lose either tomorrow OR Thursday, you'll be seeing this stat a lot:

Since 1999 the Red Sox have played in 17 postseason elimination games............they are 14-3 in those games!!!

14-3 :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts