2008 MLB Playoffs

Get a life Peta. I mean they mean well and appreciate the work that they do but they get a little ridicoulous with what or who they go after. Enough is enough.

That's pathetic. TB, last I checked, was in Florida. What kind of fool doesn't know how to cheer at a baseball game? What were they doing cheering foul balls? If TB makes it to the WS it might be the first time in WS history you could actually walk up to the ticket window day of game and get a ticket.

On the contrary, due to high ticket demand, if they go back for either the ALCS or teh WS, The Trop will open over 5,000 seats that are normally blocked off during the regular season. So, the arena will be filled from here on out.

Derek Lowe, poor knuckleballer anymore. Any rookie can catch up to his balls. Let's face it, the Sox are imploding themselves and when you see Francona on TV it seems he is as stumped as the viewing audience. They are lucky they even made it in the playoffs, I can see them being a long shot for playoffs in the future, kind of like the Yanks.

Derek Lowe, poor knuckleballer anymore. Any rookie can catch up to his balls. Let's face it, the Sox are imploding themselves and when you see Francona on TV it seems he is as stumped as the viewing audience. They are lucky they even made it in the playoffs, I can see them being a long shot for playoffs in the future, kind of like the Yanks.

WTF???? :confused:

The following teams have all come back from being down 3-1 in the postseason:

YEAR....SERIES....TEAM.......OPPONENT
2007....ALCS..... Red Sox.......Indians
2004....ALCS......Red Sox*....Yankees (Boston came back from 3-0)
2003....NLCS........Marlins*......Cubs
1996....NLCS........Braves.......Cardinals
1986....ALCS........Red Sox.......Angels
1985....ALCS.........Royals*......Blue Jays
1985......WS..........Royals........Cardinals
1968......WS..........Tigers*.......Cardinals
1958......WS...........Yankees*.....Braves (Mil.)
1925..... WS............Pirates.........Senators

* Won final two on the road.

1925..... WS............Pirates.........Senators

I know hockey's Washington Capitals have a history of blowing 3-1 leads, but even their baseball team's cant hold onto such a lead.

That's pathetic. TB, last I checked, was in Florida. What kind of fool doesn't know how to cheer at a baseball game?

When baseball attendance shows that baseball is a foreign sport to most Floridians, and when the official sport of Florida is shuffleboard, I can see how people don't know how to cheer at a baseball game. :D

I'll still be watching, no matter what.

Don't sell a potential Phillies-Rays series short.

I'll be watching because I"m a baseball fan. If it ends up being Phils/Rays, I have to go Rays because of the feel good story they've provided this season.

If the Rays win the WS, we'll have to see another Disney baseball flick.

I'm also looking forward to the series because with the Phils in a must-win game to avoid losing the series, a Ray will launch a 500-foot series-winning walkoff homer off Brad Lidge over the left field wall and we'll see Lidge still be liked enough to throw out of the first pitch at one of the Phillies home NLDS games at Bankrupt Bank Park in 2023.

How many of the big mid-season acquisition players will not be with their new team next year?

Obviously, Boston would not be stupid enough to let Jason Bay go- he's been great, and he's got many more prime years in a park with good hitting dimensions. Bay is NOT a one-shot rental player. Ditto for Chicago and Rich Harden.

But, how many 'big-time acquisition players in the summer' will be possibly on a new team next year?

How many of the big mid-season acquisition players will not be with their new team next year?

Obviously, Boston would not be stupid enough to let Jason Bay go- he's been great, and he's got many more prime years in a park with good hitting dimensions. Bay is NOT a one-shot rental player. Ditto for Chicago and Rich Harden.

But, how many 'big-time acquisition players in the summer' will be possibly on a new team next year?

Sabathia is the big fish (no pun intended :D), that will more than likely change teams.

I've been hearing that the Yankees will be opening up their check book to both C.C. and Mark Teixera.

Who's the biggest NFL disappointment so far this season?

Best World Series of all-time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)