2008 MLB Playoffs

Sorry,
but this crew is the worst LCS crew that I've ever heard (and yes, I too can't stand Buck).

It's just a bad mix all around, Bill. Each of the three has individual merits. But instead of having "The Three Tenors", it's like mixing Frank Sinatra with L.L. Cool J and George Strait!!! :eek::eek::eek:

It's just a bad mix all around, Bill. Each of the three has individual merits. But instead of having "The Three Tenors", it's like mixing Frank Sinatra with L.L. Cool J and George Strait!!! :eek::eek::eek:

What I would give to hear Scully/Garagiola, Costas/Kubek or even Michaels/Palmer/McCarver (when Tim was actually good)!

Those were the days for GREAT postseason announcers!

Time to break out what is, IMO, one of the most amazing stats in sports. IF the Red Sox lose either tomorrow OR Thursday, you'll be seeing this stat a lot:

Since 1999 the Red Sox have played in 17 postseason elimination games............they are 14-3 in those games!!!

What I would give to hear Scully/Garagiola, Costas/Kubek or even Michaels/Palmer/McCarver (when Tim was actually good)!

Those were the days for GREAT postseason announcers!

My personal favorite pairing was Scully/ Garagiola. A few years ago while in Phoenix, Vinny sat down with Joe for a chat. It was absolutely hilarious! The years melted away and the old friends began to tell stories as only they can. PRICELESS!!!

Yuck. With the Browns/Giants game being broadcast locally on our FOX affiliate, the NLCS game has been moved to channel: My Network TV, in lowly standard definition. It's barely viewable.

Yuck. With the Browns/Giants game being broadcast locally on our FOX affiliate, the NLCS game has been moved to channel: My Network TV, in lowly standard definition. It's barely viewable.

Why is it that My Network doesn't have an HD feed? They have some pretty good shows, but I can't stand watching SD any more!

Ramirez ties it with an RBI single.

Still no one out in the bottom of the 5th................tied at 2.

You didn't care for Michaels/Palmer/McCarver, Jimbo?

I liked the others much better, never have liked McCarver either

Joe and Tony were great back in the day.
I like Joe Morgan and (da** I can never remember the other guy) :eek:

I caught a little bit of Vin Scully tonight on the Dodgers' network on XM.
Vin and Ernie Harwell will always be right up there in my book.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)