2008 NFL Sunday Ticket Early Bird

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
I got the e-mail today regarding NFLST Early Bird pricing:

"Order NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ for 5 payments of $53.80 and save $20 off the regular-season price. Offer ends 7/31."

$269 (edit: It was $45.80/month/5 months = $229 last year). It went up $40.

No word on how much SuperFan will be.

I got the e-mail today regarding NFLST Early Bird pricing:

"Order NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ for 5 payments of $53.80 and save $20 off the regular-season price. Offer ends 7/31."

$269 (edit: It was $45.80/month/5 months = $229 last year). It went up $40.

No word on how much SuperFan will be.
Nice to know my price will remain steadily high. :rolleyes:

I have had the Ticket for a long time, but I will be thinking twice. As much as I love football with everthing else going up its tuff!!!

Direct tv is full of it . The other sports package do not increase that much each year. And you know superfan is going to be an extra $100.00 I wish you could subscribe to watch just one team at a discounted price.

Direct tv is full of it . The other sports package do not increase that much each year. And you know superfan is going to be an extra $100.00 I wish you could subscribe to watch just one team at a discounted price.

Supply and demand.
The NFL has it and can charge it.

Proc,
Are you a current ST sub ?
If so the Renual price should be the lowest of the year.

Jimbo

The price on the Sunday Ticket is getting out of control!!!!
I've only had ST for 2 seasons, and have really enjoyed it, but I think I'm pulling the plug this year. I just don't think I can justify the price any more... (not to mention I have a wedding to pay for in August)

When I first got sunday ticket about 8 years ago it was $99.00 If this price is right i'm done. And back to watching just 3 games during the day.

Yep another one that started with ST the very first year on BUD and have been since; I can't remember the DBS version ever being $99; but when I was courted from c-band to the DBS version I was grandfathered.

I had read a while back (RUMOR ALERT) that this season the ST/SF might be all-combined. IF that becomes the case the the MSRP listed above would be a supposed "cheaper" amount than the usual ST + SF cost.

To the ultra-intelligent user that post supply & demand! You are right on. Even at last years price the ST is a money loser or very near money loser. Until they see demand fall way off; the price will continue to adjust upward. Supply-side econ my friends; its what makes American great.

Yep another one that started with ST the very first year on BUD and have been since; I can't remember the DBS version ever being $99; but when I was courted from c-band to the DBS version I was grandfathered.

I had read a while back (RUMOR ALERT) that this season the ST/SF might be all-combined. IF that becomes the case the the MSRP listed above would be a supposed "cheaper" amount than the usual ST + SF cost.

To the ultra-intelligent user that post supply & demand! You are right on. Even at last years price the ST is a money loser or very near money loser. Until they see demand fall way off; the price will continue to adjust upward. Supply-side econ my friends; its what makes American great.

Somewhere along the way (years back) I had heard that D* makes very little or nothing off of the ST and only make money off the SF.
The rest (other than SF) goes to the NFL ....

Can anyone verify that of have anything breaking it down between the two ?

Jimbo

Somewhere along the way (years back) I had heard that D* makes very little or nothing off of the ST and only make money off the SF.
The rest (other than SF) goes to the NFL ....

Can anyone verify that of have anything breaking it down between the two ?

Jimbo
That's somewhat irrelevant. The fact that they are the only place to get ST means that people may sign up just for it. I used to just use Sirius to get my out of town action, but after having ST + SF last year I am hooked. It is just too cool of a package to have for me.

I've only had ST for 2 seasons, and have really enjoyed it, but I think I'm pulling the plug this year. I just don't think I can justify the price any more... (not to mention I have a wedding to pay for in August)

Hmmm...Wedding or NFL....Wedding or NFL.......:p

I think the business term for Sunday ticket would be "Lost Leader" from a business standpoint they may not make any money on sunday ticket, but have gained a subcriber.

Like I mentioned earlier in my past post I love it, I think its great I just have to step back and see if its still worth my investment (as a fantasy football player) it is....But we have a few months.

Since Superfan started, I have yet to have to pay for it........But I have a feeling I wont be able to swing tthat deal this year????

On a side note, love that we are talkin NFL!!

Supply and demand.
The NFL has it and can charge it.

Proc,
Are you a current ST sub ?
If so the Renual price should be the lowest of the year.

Jimbo

Yes, I am a returning sub. 4 years now. That is the lowest price from what I can tell.

$40 increase? Ouch. I think this may be it for me with NFLST. That is a big hike. Now, if charper1's **rumor** came true and SF was included, I could handle it. No way, I am paying $269 and another $99 for SF. Not going to happen.

Yes, I am a returning sub. 4 years now. That is the lowest price from what I can tell.

$40 increase? Ouch. I think this may be it for me with NFLST. That is a big hike. Now, if charper1's **rumor** came true and SF was included, I could handle it. No way, I am paying $269 and another $99 for SF. Not going to happen.

I think youwill find the ST renual price to be cheaper than that.

As for the ST including SF for one price, I have been expecting that for several years now ....

I will continue to get the ST as I find it's a lot of money, but worth my time, I enjoy it every year :)

Jimbo

I think youwill find the ST renual price to be cheaper than that.

As for the ST including SF for one price, I have been expecting that for several years now ....

I will continue to get the ST as I find it's a lot of money, but worth my time, I enjoy it every year :)

Jimbo

Me too; I have never been billed for SF; the very 1st season they tried to hit me for the $99; which I questioned and they refunded half and then they credit all subs $49 which gave we a total refund. Never billed since.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts