2008 NFL Sunday Ticket Early Bird

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think youwill find the ST renual price to be cheaper than that.

As for the ST including SF for one price, I have been expecting that for several years now ....

I will continue to get the ST as I find it's a lot of money, but worth my time, I enjoy it every year :)

Jimbo

Jimbo....$269 is the renewal price or so the e-mail to me said. If they don't charge me for SF, I can handle it. If they charge for SF and get the cost over $300, then I most-likely will cancel. Sad, but true. Tough economic times we live in.

I haven't received any of these renewal price emails.. should I be worried? I will be a little upset if I don't get this good (relatively speaking) price for staying signed up.

Jimbo....$269 is the renewal price or so the e-mail to me said. If they don't charge me for SF, I can handle it. If they charge for SF and get the cost over $300, then I most-likely will cancel. Sad, but true. Tough economic times we live in.

Hi... just got off the phone with D* regarding SF. If you are a customer at a "certain" level of subscription, they MAY throw in SF. I can't say it'll work for everyone but it worked for me. I have Choice HD w/ monthly bill just north of $100. I can't say that there is a cutoff, I can only say what worked for me. This was not a call to customer retention or anything special. I just called in to inquire about cost w/SF if I paid all at once right now. If you're interested in Sunday Ticket w/SF this may be the time to call.:cool:

BTW: normal cost for SF is $99 (supposedly)

Hi... just got off the phone with D* regarding SF. If you are a customer at a "certain" level of subscription, they MAY throw in SF. I can't say it'll work for everyone but it worked for me. I have Choice HD w/ monthly bill just north of $100. I can't say that there is a cutoff, I can only say what worked for me. This was not a call to customer retention or anything special. I just called in to inquire about cost w/SF if I paid all at once right now. If you're interested in Sunday Ticket w/SF this may be the time to call.:cool:

BTW: normal cost for SF is $99 (supposedly)

Did they give you a price(s) on the ST while you were talking to them ?

There should be a Auto Renewal price, an Early Bird price and a normal price, maybe even a right before the season starts price.

Jimbo

I haven't received any of these renewal price emails.. should I be worried? I will be a little upset if I don't get this good (relatively speaking) price for staying signed up.

Should you be worried ???
NO

I do the auto renewal every year, I don't remember ever getting an email about the ST/SF package.
I normally call in like June to verify that it is a go.

Jimbo

Did they give you a price(s) on the ST while you were talking to them ?

There should be a Auto Renewal price, an Early Bird price and a normal price, maybe even a right before the season starts price.

Jimbo
Jim... I've never been a "prescriber" to sunday ticket before so no early renewal applies. $269 is the price (now) and $99 for SF. They may eventually give a better deal but I'm satisfied with this. (naive?)
:cool:

I've got to really thing about my NFLST sub this year. Even with free superfan, it is $270. The fact that I get 3 sunday afternoon, 1 sunday night, 1 monday night, and sometimes extra byeond that, I get 5-6 games a week automatically anyway.

Last year, my viewership was about 50/50 between what I could get free and NFLST.

Hardest part for me, I have to work 1 in 3 Sundays, and extra in December. That makes it a hard swallow when I only get to watch it live a dozen or so times in the year.

I think I'm reaching my tipping point, not just becuase of price, but also what is available outside of the package, and my work interfering with Sunday afternoons.

Every year they drop me from auto renewal and I have to call and complain, That's when I negotiate about Superfan.

I think mine was $ 209 last year, maybe $ 229 tops, it's really going up to $ 269 ?
Thats a HUGE increase, unless of course it includes the SF package as well.

Jimbo

Boy, I just got HD and would love to see the NFL games around the league in HD. But if this price is true, I too may not renew my ST this year. Lost leader or not, supply and demand notwithstanding, the price is simply too high for what you get. I mean the (now) steep price for MLBEI at least gives you 70 to 80 games a week to choose from, but the NFL only gives you around 13 games a week, and at least two of them will be on locally. I do have access to several OTA stations from three different markets which would enable me to pull in a few more games here and there, so I may bite the bullet and cancel ST. I guess I will wait and see if Superfan is part of the price and then make my final decision. It's a shame, because ST is one of the reasons that makes D* superior to other program providers.

The price is going up but I need my ST/SF for my survival football league so I definitely have to renew it

Do we know yet if ST will be MPEG-4 from the new birds, or will it be same as usual?

WELCOME to the site!

They have announced the NFL will be all MPEG4 on the new birds.

Any HD NFL-ST subs that still only have mpeg2 equip are being called for a free upgrade.

last year was my first year of subscribing tot ST. I am a Steelers fan, so I thought I would "treat" myself to seeing every Steelers game in a season. While I enjoyed it very much, I don't think I can justify the cost of the $40 increase plus the SF to get the HD. The Steelers have the toughest schedule in the NFL this year, and just being the Steelers, they should be on National TV at least 7 games.

With that in mind, I think I'll pull the plug, unless I can get Customer Retention to throw in a Free HR21 for my new Plasma I will replace my old tube TV in the family room with!

ONE ticket to only ONE local game (your team or not) costs more that $30 per week.

Thats the way I look at it :D
Also, keep in mind, the SF is NOT listed yet online, so it may vary, some have gotten it free year to year, keep your eyes open when the NFL Draft is on, they had a promo going last year at that time for free SF I think.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts