2008 World Series.......Phillies vs. Rays

Sabres,

How do recent World Series rate vs. recent Stanley Cup Finals? I have a sneaky suspicion they are equally dismal.

I don't think so. The highest-rated Stanley Cup games I can recall were 4.8 and 4.4 for Games 5 and 6 of last year's Finals.

The Stanley Cup Finals got like a 2.5 rating this year. The WS between 2 teams nobody cares about is getting like an 8.5 rating. That's through 2 games though so it could, and probably will get worse. Anyway it goes to show that the NHL is in a league comprable to women's golf and poker tournaments rather than other major sports.

I don't think so. The highest-rated Stanley Cup games I can recall were 4.8 and 4.4 for Games 5 and 6 of last year's Finals.
nhlstanleycupfinals2007-500x400.gif

My nightmare is coming true. The Rays look shot and they the Rays are not crisp in the field.

BTW, can FOX stop playing the damn Rocky theme right before they go to a commercial break. We get it, Philadelphia and Rocky Balboa. Now it's just friggin' annoying!!!

Is anyone else having problems trying to get into this site? When I tried to get in, it took forever to load and said that explorer encountered a problem.

Gawd, this Series IS as bad as some predicted. It almost looks like Tampa is satisfied just getting to the World Series. Is this the same team that beat the White Sox and Red Sox?

Phillies now lead the series 3-1 with Hamels going tonight in Philly?! Congrats on the nice run Tampa, but your stop ends here.

Gawd, this Series IS as bad as some predicted. It almost looks like Tampa is satisfied just getting to the World Series. Is this the same team that beat the White Sox and Red Sox?

I don't know about that. Up until last night, the games were all reasonably close and fun to watch. Ironically, the best game so far was game 3, which had so few viewers. This hasn't been one team pummelling the other into submission -- games #1 and #3 could easily have gone the other way and had Tampa Bay up 3-1 instead.

In fact, isn't it odd that up until last night, the biggest "problem" in the Series that commentators were commenting on was the Phillies inability to hit with RISP? Now that has been replaced with the Pena/Longoria struggles but for a while it was like "The Phillies don't have a chance unless they can start getting clutch hits".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts