2008 World Series.......Phillies vs. Rays

I don't care for domes either, especially for football.

Jimbo

I'm with you there, Jimbo. I actually don't mind baseball in a dome, but I detest football inside. Even though I'm a pro football fan first, one of the appealing things about the college game is that almost all teams play outside.

btw, tonights game would be being played in the rain if there was not a dome.
The game is going on long enough as it is, 11 pm only 7th inning.
This one could have been rained out tonight.

Intellicast - Current Radar Loop in United States

I don't care for domes either, especially for football.

Q. Are there NO artifical turf fields in the NL anymore ?
There was a report that this was the first time the Phillies played on turf since 2006

Jimbo

You want to know what's worse than watching football in a dome?

Watching the freaking Lions lose at Tiger Stadium in zero degree weather outside! Bad enough watching them lose, but having to freeze your nuts off too?

You want to know what's worse than watching football in a dome?

Watching the freaking Lions lose at Tiger Stadium in zero degree weather outside! Bad enough watching them lose, but having to freeze your nuts off too?

LOL!, Paul. I remember going to a Buffalo Bills game back when I lived in NY State and couldn't figure out the joys of sitting in subzero Winter weather watching your team lose...and maybe even if they win it's still a bit ridiculous to me. But...that's just me.

remember going to a Buffalo Bills game back when I lived in NY State and couldn't figure out the joys of sitting in subzero Winter weather watching your team lose...

Were you a Rams/Raiders fan in their L.A. days?

WORLD SERIES PITCHING MATCHUPS

SATURDAY: GAME 3

Rays (Matt Garza) at Phillies (Jamie Moyer)

8:35pm ET on FOX/ FOX-HD

SUNDAY: GAME 4

Rays (Andy Sonnanstine) at Phillies (Joe Blanton)

8:29pm ET on FOX/ FOX-HD

MONDAY: GAME 5

Rays (Scott Kazmir) at Phillies (Cole Hamels)

8:29pm ET on FOX/ FOX-HD

Heavy rains expected in the greater Philly area tonight, so tonight's game is very questionable.

Now all we do is watch and wait and pray for no rain. Last I heard it seemed like the game could start @ 8:30PM but that heavy rains were forecast for around 10PM. It would be a bitch if this game started and then had to be delayed until the wee small hours or called and have to be replayed.

A staring pitcher's worst nightmare! :eek:

Now all we do is watch and wait and pray for no rain. Last I heard it seemed like the game could start @ 8:30PM but that heavy rains were forecast for around 10PM. It would be a bitch if this game started and then had to be delayed until the wee small hours or called and have to be replayed.

A staring pitcher's worst nightmare! :eek:

KCK,
that's what I was worried about. This game is too important for that to happen. If the forecast is for heavy rain at 10pm, IMO, I think they should trust the forecast and call the game.

My other concern is IF this game is called, there will be no day off for the travel day in between games 5 and 6. That means if the Series went 7 games, tonight's starters (which would be tomorrow night's starters) would be pitching on three days rest. Not the optimal circumstances one would want for a one game winner-take-all.

Tonight's starting lineups:

Rays
2B- Iwamura
CF- Upton
1B- Pena
3B- Longoria
LF- Crawford
C- Navarro
RF- Gross (Geez, the Rays really like a revolving door in RF!!)
SS- Bartlett
P- Garza

Phillies
SS- Rollins
RF- Werth
2B- Utley
1B- Howard
LF- Burrell
CF- Victorino
3B- Feliz
C- Ruiz
P- Moyer

Looks like there will be a delay. This quote came from Joe Maddon:

"From what I understand, it's not going to start on time, but possibly relatively close," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "The proverbial window is like a 9:30 or so window, although this sounds like it may be a big bay window, where you actually could play a baseball game. They're saying after this weather clears out, it should be good for the rest of the night."

It's official:

rain delay in Philly.

Good. I'd rather channel surf between Penn State/Ohio State (AKA the game where mosy of the country will be rooting AGAINST tOSU) and Notre Dame/Washington (I want to see a winless team)

Mike Singletary's Mentor... Bill Walsh?

Most painful playoff defeats you can recall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)