2008 World Series.......Phillies vs. Rays

First pitch, 10 pm. That's so stupid. They have the nerve to have a pre-game show. It's 9:30!!! Just play the game already. I mean if the game starts at 10, you figure 3 to 3 1/2 hrs. for the game, what about if it goes into extra innings? It's just dumb. They should just play game 3 tomorrow.

This is why it's better to have weekend day World Series games. I know that could stink too because what if it rained in the afternoon today. It's got to beat this. Who going to watch a game with 2 hr. rain delay that will end late on a Saturday night no less.

This is going to be a ratings disaster. It'll be interesting to see how this compares to the 2006 WS which was the last one where the weather was a factor.

I'm really surprised they are playing considering the weather. I'm in connecticut and it's pouring and I mean pouring. My lights, including my computer went out for a second and everything is restored.

It seems like some and I stress some people might have left the game. Also, what' with the Rays intro's. What was that music that introduced the Rays?

I'm really surprised they are playing considering the weather. I'm in connecticut and it's pouring and I mean pouring. My lights, including my computer went out for a second and everything is restored.

It seems like some and I stress some people might have left the game. Also, what' with the Rays intro's. What was that music that introduced the Rays?

Was it the same as when they were in Tampa, I have no idea what it was either

I should shoot myself tonight! :D

Instead of listening to Jon and Joe on ESPN Radio while watching the video, I'm watching the game with Joe and Tim.

Joe mentions "FOX NFL Sunday" about every 10 seconds. Don't have a "FOX NFL Sunday" drinking game or people are going to be dead from alcohol poisoning by the end of WS Game 3.

What's next on FOX? "FOX NFL Sunday" logo chromakeyed on the outfield grass for every flyout or gapper and Joe saying "Rays pitcher Matt FOX NFL SUNDAY Garza is getting ready to deliver the first pitch to Ryan FOX NFL Sunday Howard. It's ball one, and the pitch is brought to you courtesy of FOX NFL Sunday. Garza steps off and wipes his brow and gets back on the mound. This brow-wipiing moment was brought to you by FOX NFL Sunday. Looking at the blimp shot sponsored by FOX NFL Sunday, you can see Lincoln Financial Field where on FOX NFL Sunday tomorrow, you can watch the Eagles play, exclusively on FOX NFL Sunday. Going back to Howard, Garza delivers a ball, sponsored by FOX NFL Sunday. The count, sponsored by FOX NFL Sunday, is 2-0."....

I'm going to turn on the radio and start listening. Joe and his FOX NFL Sunday is getting to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great performance from 45 year old Jamie Moyer tonight!!!

The Phillies will now hand it over to their dominant bullpen, to try and get the final nine outs.

I'll say this, IF the Phillies hang on and win this game tonight, the Rays BETTER win tomorrow night. Otherwise, they'll be facing Cole Hamels in an elimination game on Monday night.

wow, what a game. wild pitch, error and then a slow chopper making for a hard force play at home! Great idea to load the bases to put forces everywhere, it almost worked!

Who cares about ratings? Just enjoy the games. I'm a Phillies fan but will enjoy the series no matter who wins. I really don't care if the poor networks have low ratings. What made me mad was my recorder shut off at the end of the eighth inning. I set it to record the local news and the next three shows thinking that would be enough time to get the whole game. Didn't work. Oh well, Maybe I can stay awake tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts