2009 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

That last statement kinda sounded like a backhanded compliment. Trust me, the way CSU played tonight, they could've gave UNC a competitive game. They shot lights out, played fundamental defense, took care of the ball (only 6 turnovers), they dove for every loose ball and played with a passion like none other. If they continue to play this way, this Vikings team still has a ways to go in this Tournament.
Cleveland St. played great, but they didn't beat the last place teams in their conference like they beat Wake. Wake showed no heart at all. If you're gonna go down go down swinging.

Forget the beer, where' the champagne!?!!?! :eek::eek::eek:

We did it, we did it! The Vikings slayed the Demons! Skyhi, where are you buddy?! I can't share this joy alone!

CSU led the game from start to finish. They came out on fire right from the start. Their intensity and heart wouldn't be matched, as it was CSU's destiny, not Wake's.

Wake was supposed to be the superior team. They had the better athletes. This was a team who started their season 16-0 and was ranked #1 in the nation at one point during the season. Cleveland State on the other hand hasn't been to the Tournament since 1986. This was supposed to be impossible, right?

Wrong! Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our first Cinderella and she lives in Cleveland, Ohio!

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):)

What a game!!! I don't know how I'm going to go to sleep tonight! Talk about domination from start to finish!!! Cedric Jackson is the new Mouse McFadden! Teague was totally shut down!

HD, I gotta give you a ton of credit! Even I, with the CSU Viking as on avatar for months, had serious doubts about this game. You were confident all along. Hell of a call!

I can't wait for Sunday....I havn't been this pumped in March since Kent State's run!

See Auburn 2003 and West Virginia 2005
Don't forget losing to Oklahoma St in 95 when Big Country Bryant Reeves schooled Tim Duncan. That one game earned him millions and is the reason why the Grizzlies are no longer in Vancouver. Wake also lost to the Mark Madsen led Stanford Cardinal in the 2nd Round in 97.

Speaking of disgraces Wake Forest takes the cake. Nobody does less with more talent in March than the Deacons. Congrats to Cleveland St, but they've gotten tougher games in the Horizon League than they got tonight. Tough sh*t Wake fans watch your whole team declare for the NBA draft.

Did you get to watch the game? CSU beat Wake in every facet of the game...Wake didn't beat themselves.

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):)

What a game!!! I don't know how I'm going to go to sleep tonight! Talk about domination from start to finish!!! Cedric Jackson is the new Mouse McFadden! Teague was totally shut down!

HD, I gotta give you a ton of credit! Even I, with the CSU Viking as on avatar for months, had serious doubts about this game. You were confident all along. Hell of a call!

I can't wait for Sunday....I havn't been this pumped in March since Kent State's run!

You just got to believe my friend. We live in "Believeland", remember? ;) :D

Go Vikings! Can't wait till Sunday!

Wake also lost to the Mark Madsen led Stanford Cardinal in the 2nd Round in 97.

1. That Stanford team made the Final Four a year later

2. I did not have Wake winning that region- besides, they still would have had to get by Utah and/or Kentucky.

Did you get to watch the game? CSU beat Wake in every facet of the game...Wake didn't beat themselves.
I saw it and Wake looked disintereted, like the Clippers do this time of year. That's the difference between college and the NBA. The Celtics could mail it in like Wake did but come back and still win in 7 games.

Well at least the games were exciting. Siena earned that win.

I'm so pissed that Wisconsin won. They are a disgrace to basketball. Stick to hockey!

Speaking of disgraces Wake Forest takes the cake. Nobody does less with more talent in March than the Deacons. Congrats to Cleveland St, but they've gotten tougher games in the Horizon League than they got tonight. Tough sh*t Wake fans watch your whole team declare for the NBA draft.

HOW BOUT THEM BADGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday's NCAA Tournament Schedule

All times Eastern..............all games televised on CBS-HD

East Region- Second Round @ Philadelphia, PA
(6) UCLA vs. (3) Villanova- 1:05 PM

West Region- Second Round @ Kansas City, MO
(10) Maryland vs. (2) Memphis- 3:20 PM

West Region- Second Round @ Philadelphia, PA
(9) Texas A&M vs. (1) UConn- 3:35 PM

West Region- Second Round @ Portland, OR
(5) Purdue vs. (4) Washington- 5:40 PM

South Region- Second Round @ Greensboro, NC
(8) LSU vs. (1) North Carolina- 5:45 PM

South Region- Second Round @ Kansas City, MO
(10) Michigan vs. (2) Oklahoma- 5:50 PM

South Region- Second Round @ Portland, OR
(12) Western Kentucky vs. (4) Gonzaga- 8:10 PM

East Region- Second Round @ Greensboro, NC
(7) Texas vs. (2) Duke- 8:15 PM

Well at least the games were exciting. Siena earned that win.

I'm so pissed that Wisconsin won. They are a disgrace to basketball. Stick to hockey!

how is Bo Ryan's style of suffocating defense a disgrace?

Don't forget losing to Oklahoma St in 95 when Big Country Bryant Reeves schooled Tim Duncan. That one game earned him millions and is the reason why the Grizzlies are no longer in Vancouver. Wake also lost to the Mark Madsen led Stanford Cardinal in the 2nd Round in 97.

More accurately, he out-weighed him, just like he outweighed Marcus Camby in the next round, beating UMass by a dozen and surely influencing Camby's decision to stary in college one more year, where he only earned about a hundred thousand dollars.

See Auburn 2003 and West Virginia 2005

Anders was talking about collectively, not just one year in particular. They've had a lot of great players over the years (ex: Duncan and Chris Paul) and haven't been to the final four in decades.

While lurking on some Weak Forest message boards I see calls for their coach to resign or be fired.

While lurking on some Weak Forest message boards I see calls for their coach to resign or be fired.
That's stupid. Dino Gaudio is the only reason they were even relevant this year. He kept the thing together after Prosser died and didn't lose a single recruit. Those are some real douchebag fans if they are after him for losing one game. Have they forgotten the 3 years near the ACC cellar that preceded this season?

How is MLB Network?

NCAA Basketball 2008-09 Season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)