2009 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

I think I know why Arizona, Wisconsin and Memphis won or winning. For ex., lets say, is it because they are finding open shots, scoring points in the paint, playing good defense. Is it....aw hell, I think they are winning because nobody wanted Ariz. and Wisconsin in the tourney and felt Memphis wasnt a 1 seed, and now all 3 teams are mad and pretty much pissed off!!!!

In one office pool, I have Arizona . . . I even told Bill the other night that Arizona had to be trusted before this tourney started simply because of the committee; they obviously knew something we did not know and that is why they got in !

My pick of Texas A&M over UConn is looking absolutely reckless right now. :( You think the Huskies read this board?

Man is the ACC having a tough couple of days.

Clemson, BC, Wake Forest and Florida St. all go down in flames in the first round.

Miami lost to Florida in Gainseville in the NIT last night. This morning, Virginia Tech got blown out at home to Baylor. And now Maryland is getting blown out of the building to Memphis (AT LEAST the Terps won a game).

As usual, more times than not, the hopes of the ACC comes down to UNC and Duke.

No, but you're the most consistent. ;)

Just kidding Sabres :D...I've been keeping the bottom of the bracket warm since this thing started.

I've been defending LSU since they won the SEC over Kentucky a few weeks back. Hell, I had them winning against Butler!

Weird- I bash SEC football, yet I seem to defend SEC hoops.

I think A&M's struggles against UConn could be translated into McCoy's Homer quote with a few additions:

"A&M no function Gillespie well without."

what's up with that? Is it because they are so pathetic? :)

No. It's just that some SEC basketball fans stay focused on other basketball throughout the year.

HD MM talked about TheInsider only showing up when his team does well.

When LSU struggled during the football season, you never popped up. You stayed on all year. (And, of course, you contributed to other threads, given your love of Pittsburgh teams).

Ditto for jwfgeol. He's an SEC football fan, but he was consistent throughout the year.

...When LSU struggled during the football season, you never popped up...
But I popped some beer bottles open...they were frickin' awful.
laughing.gif

...HD MM talked about TheInsider only showing up when his team does well....

Speaking of that, where did all those Alabama football fans go after the Tide got flushed by Utah?

Heading to BW2 for some wings, beer, and basketball. Be back to gloat later.

Man is the ACC having a tough couple of days.

Clemson, BC, Wake Forest and Florida St. all go down in flames in the first round.

Miami lost to Florida in Gainseville in the NIT last night. This morning, Virginia Tech got blown out at home to Baylor. And now Maryland is getting blown out of the building to Memphis (AT LEAST the Terps won a game).

As usual, more times than not, the hopes of the ACC comes down to UNC and Duke.

As a Duke fan and consequently, a fan of the ACC, it seems as if they play hard against one another; however, outside their division, things are up for grabs!

How is MLB Network?

NCAA Basketball 2008-09 Season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)