2009 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

This question is really for UNCRULES and Anders. The last time LSU/UNC faced off was in 1996? It was that long ago? Seems hard to believe. I have the game on but maybe I didnt hear right.

That's correct. December of 96 in the same building this game is being played in and Dean Smith's last year.

LSU surprised me by hanging tough- especially Thornton (he was a man among boys in the SEC), but he's did not get enough support from his teammates.

What LSU failed to do late was hit the threes that kept them in the game, as well as grab rebounds off their misses.

McCoy- I tip my hat. LSU showed more effort against Carolina than the other #9 seed did today (A&M).

Congrats to Anders and UNCRules. UNC showing why there a one seed. Ty Lawson showing why hes the ACC Player of the Year. He played because he has the will to win.

I mean people talk about the Cleveland St. game and say "Well Wake Forest played awful and they gave them the game". Cleveland St. had the will to win and if Wake did, maybe they would have won. You know if Wake was going to play like crap, then why are you even here?

LSU played great today. They proved that they should've been a higher seed. Even if the SEC was weaker this year, their regular season champ should've been a higher seed.

Lawson was a man today and to Fox Sports' Jeff Goodman who questioned Lawson's heart, he can eat it. Lawson would've played last weekend and 2 days ago if Roy would've let him.

LSU played great today. They proved that they should've been a higher seed. Even if the SEC was weaker this year, their regular season champ should've been a higher seed.

They were more worthy of a #5 seed than Illinois.

Purdue advances.

After my unmitigated disaster last night :eek:, I'm a perfect 5 for 5 today. I just need Oklahoma to finish off Michigan, and Duke and Western Kentucky to win.

How bout them Heels!!!!! That was a legendary performance by Lawson 23 points, 21 in the 2nd half. These games make my heart stop. Carolina took LSU's best shot and punched right back. That's the type of heart that Wake Forest and UCLA lacked. Now can Texas make this day complete? I want to see those prick dook fans that were cheering against us in tears. Hook em Horns!

Oklahoma gets past a good effort by Michigan.

Blake Griffin had 33 points and 17 rebounds.

Hopefully, Syracuse takes care of business tomorrow- that would be a GREAT Sweet 16 matchup (2 vs. 3).

Anders, got a question:

which possible UNC Sweet 16 opponent would be a tougher challenge- Western Kentucky or Gonzaga?

Anders, got a question:

which possible UNC Sweet 16 opponent would be a tougher challenge- Western Kentucky or Gonzaga?
I don't care. After the way Carolina responded tonight they will win this thing. Gonzaga did beat us in the Pre-season NIT in 06, but that was a long time ago. I don't know much about Western Kentucky, but if they make the Sweet 16 for a 2nd straight year they must be doing something right.

We have 75% of the West Regional set for next Thursday in Glendale:

UConn vs. Purdue

Memphis vs. Missouri/Marquette winner

That's shaping up to be a nice looking regional! :up

This is probably a dumb question for UNCRules, CWJCT and Anders but did you 3 watch the Tobacco Road special on HBO a couple of wks. ago. Im not a UNC or Duke fan but dont dislike either one but I watched some of it and it was pretty good.

This is probably a dumb question for UNCRules, CWJCT and Anders but did you 3 watch the Tobacco Road special on HBO a couple of wks. ago. Im not a UNC or Duke fan but dont dislike either one but I watched some of it and it was pretty good.
Of course I saw it. They did a good job. It showed exactly why Carolina fans can't stand dook.

How bout them Heels!!!!! That was a legendary performance by Lawson 23 points, 21 in the 2nd half. These games make my heart stop. Carolina took LSU's best shot and punched right back. That's the type of heart that Wake Forest and UCLA lacked. Now can Texas make this day complete? I want to see those prick dook fans that were cheering against us in tears. Hook em Horns!

HEY "PRICK" . . . DID YOU READ MY GODDAMN POSTS?????? I SAID, WITH 10 MINUTES LEFT, THAT MR. LAWSON WOULD TAKE OVER AND WIN THE GAME BEFORE HE ACTUALLY DID DO JUST THAT . . . I GAVE HIM AND YOUR TEAM CREDIT BEFORE THEY TOOK OVER THAT GAME AND RIGHTFULLY PREDICTED THEY WOULD WIN . . . TAKE YOUR PRICK AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!!!!!!!!!

Lawson was a man today and to Fox Sports' Jeff Goodman who questioned Lawson's heart, he can eat it. Lawson would've played last weekend and 2 days ago if Roy would've let him.
Back from BW3. Had 24 spicy garlic wings, 8 MGDs
drunkdude.gif
, and enjoyed a hell of a game.

Congrats to Anders, Uncrules, and the rest of you UNC fans. Lawson was the difference. Thought my Tigers had a chance there for a second, but that lame-toed big-hearted prick killed us.

Good luck to UNC the rest of the way. I'll be rooting for Pitt in the championship. ;)

How is MLB Network?

NCAA Basketball 2008-09 Season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)