2009 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

You're going to need him, somewhere around halftime MSU will start beating "the will to win" out of NC.
That's funny. :haha You Michigan guys do have some good drugs I'll give you that. Here's some free advice. Keep track of your timeouts tonight. I don't want to hear any excuses. :D

Excuses are solely the province of UNC. We don't have excuses. Beat or be beaten. MICHIGAN didn't make any excuses when we lost to UNC, Weber screwed up and they lost. By the way you are playing MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY today. You will be crying later. Either way, were burning down Chapel Hill.:D

Got to go. Tar Heel ass-whuppin' coming up.:D:D

Later I'll have to figure out how to get the tar off my heel.:D:D:D:D

MSU - 80 Not Cool - 72
All your talking got me to remembering a story from the 1957 season. Carolina was undefeated, 30-0, going into the FF where they faced none other than Michigan St. The game went to OT and Michigan St was on the verge of winning the game. They were up 2 with seconds left and were shooting free throws. One of their players started taunting the UNC players and said "Looks like you'll be 30-1." Well Michigan St wound up missing the free throw and Carolina raced down to hit a shot at the buzzer and force another OT. The Tar Heels would go on to win in 3 OT's and then beat Kansas in another 3OT game to take the title. So this isn't the first time someone from Michigan St has spoken too soon. I'm not worried. After all if God wasn't a Carolina fan then why did he paint the sky Carolina blue? :D

I am not much of a college basketball fan, but I will have to record this and watch it after hockey. Ugh!...the one thing I hate about Tivo is that it only records two streams, so I'll have to chop off the first hour of basketball.

Not looking good for State. They look like they are playing scared tonight. Very sloppy play so far and if this keeps up they will lose by 50.

This game is already over.
No way in hell MSU will comeback in this game.
NCU is just shooting the ball too well.
Their 3 points are falling, and the turnovers from MSU is not helping their case.

End game result: MSU 60 - NCU 115.

Just watched State play 7 minutes of excellent defense and only knock 1 point off the lead. They are just overmatched. Unfortunately, UNC shoots fouls a whole lot better than UConn.

Congratulations to North Carolina on winning the national title.

After what happened to the Panthers against Arizona, I'm happy for Anders- he finally got his happy ending (and he gives Tar Heel fans a good name).

BTW, a word on the Spartans.

While overmatched tonight, I am not going to belittle them- they got farther than I expected, and went through three quality teams- Kansas, Louisville, UConn- that are no slouches.

Congrats to the Spartans on a great run and giving the state of Michigan something to smile about.

I feel sorry for Wozniak- he went there in person, and I'm sure he wanted a happy ending, but I'm sure he was happy that Michigan State went farther than he thought.
OTOH, I am very happy for Anders-

Now, to the victor go the spoils.

A very impressive performance by a quality team.

The team that came back for one purpose fulfilled the promise.

Hansbrough goes out a winner- and had a nice farewell performance.

Ellington- shot the lights out in the Final Four, worthy of the Outstanding Player.

Lawson- had the most scrutinized injury in sports since Beanie Wells, came through like a champion- eight steals in one game!

One more thing- I said if Michigan State won, I'd put up the Spartan fight song as my signature.

Well, just to prove that I'm not a guy who backs down, I'm putting up the North Carolina fight song. It will stay there all the way through the NBA Draft.

Congrats to Anders, UNCrules and all the Tar Heel faithful!! As Jim Nantz just said, you were clearly the best team in 2008-09! :up

Great way for Hansbrough to go out! This is your "One Shining Moment"!

Michigan St. has nothing to be ashamed of, getting all the way to the final two. Congrats to the Spartans also.

Last edited:
BTW, a word on the Spartans.

While overmatched tonight, I am not going to belittle them- they got farther than I expected, and went through three quality teams- Kansas, Louisville, UConn- that are no slouches.

Congrats to the Spartans on a great run and giving the state of Michigan something to smile about.

Now THAT'S the Sabres I remember! :up

Kudos on a classy post! :)

Now THAT'S the Sabres I remember! :up

Kudos on a classy post! :)

Does this mean I'm no longer on your ignore list? (Just asking)

I honestly, honestly wanted to redeem myself for what happened after the Villanova regional final, what I said when Calipari was inching closer to the Kentucky job, and after the Michigan State/UConn game.

You're my friend, and I don't want our friendship to be forever tainted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)