2009 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

A Special Comment by HD MM: My Take on Michigan State

:up :up

I'm very happy for MSU fans and for the Big-10 in general!! Way to represent the conference Spartans!

Great win by the Spartans! 2nd largest crowd to ever witness a Basketball game! State had the toughest road to the Championship and they made it! All the credit in the world needs to be given to Tom Izzo and the players!

They beat the Trojans of USC, last year's champs, the Kansas Jayhawks, this year's #1 overall seed in the Louisville Cardinals and now the invincible UConn Huskies! Oh my! Very impressive indeed. I bet you had a helluva time there in person, huh Paul? Good for you pal!

BTW, this is also awesome for the city of Detroit. We all know of the economic impact this nation is currently under and the Motor City seems to be suffering the worst. Let's hope they can use this excitement and bid for "one shining moment" as a minor distraction from the depressions that burden this city. Congratulations to my neighboring Rust Belt state! You have all of Ohio and the Big-10's support come Monday. Oh, my buddy King Leonidas has a word of inspiration too :)....

King Leonidas: "Spartans! Prepare for glory!"

That's all true in regards to MSU. But Tyler wasn't 100% in that game as he still was recovering from his early season shin problems that caused him to miss 4 games early. Plus Wayne Ellington and Ty Lawson are playing much better now than they were earlier in the season. Especially Ellington who was in bad shooting slump until about half way through January.

Both teams are better now than in December. Carolina's defense is much better now than it has been earlier in the year.

No way will this be another 35 point blowout but I still think UNC wins.

For all of you Carolina homers and to everyone that thinks the Tar Heels are unbeatable, this Championship works out perfectly. With Michigan State making it to the Championship, they get to play in front of their home state/fans of Michigan. This will be the great equalizer to give us the great game that we all deserve!

GO STATE!

Anders, no offense, but I don't find that funny.
Sorry Mr Sensitive. :rolleyes: Detroiters do have a history of torching their city.

capt.85af922347704b1c89108d680eb09099.tigers_detroits_image_baseball_dt101.jpg

For all of you Carolina homers and to everyone that thinks the Tar Heels are unbeatable, this Championship works out perfectly. With Michigan State making it to the Championship, they get to play in front of their home state/fans of Michigan. This will be the great equalizer to give us the great game that we all deserve!
wrong

You know Michigan isn't the only state to be hit hard be the economy. While Michigan has been hit the hardest with a 12% unemployment rate, North Carolina is 4th worse at 10.7% (financial sector and especially the textile/furniture sectors). So while MSU is playing to give all of the people in Michigan a lift, there are plenty of people in NC who would get the same amount of joy from seeing their team win.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful of the people of Michigan and their problems. In fact I have a lot of sympathy for them and if UNC wasn't playing I would be pulling for MSU (I've always liked MSU and Izzo and I think he's a great coach).

But to hear all of the media since last night and today, you'd think that Michigan is the only state suffering. If MSU beats UNC, which I admit can happen, it wouldn't be because they are a team of destiny. It would be because they would've simply out played UNC.

Glad to see College Hoops wind to a close.

As for tonight, "Go Sparty"

Spare us all an overdose of Roy Williams with the "over the top" theatrics and his blubbering nonsense.

You know Michigan isn't the only state to be hit hard be the economy. While Michigan has been hit the hardest with a 12% unemployment rate, North Carolina is 4th worse at 10.7% (financial sector and especially the textile/furniture sectors). So while MSU is playing to give all of the people in Michigan a lift, there are plenty of people in NC who would get the same amount of joy from seeing their team win.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful of the people of Michigan and their problems. In fact I have a lot of sympathy for them and if UNC wasn't playing I would be pulling for MSU (I've always liked MSU and Izzo and I think he's a great coach).

But to hear all of the media since last night and today, you'd think that Michigan is the only state suffering. If MSU beats UNC, which I admit can happen, it wouldn't be because they are a team of destiny. It would be because they would've simply out played UNC.

We're #4! We're#4! Shut up and go buy a new car.:D
If you guys hadn't screwed the financial market, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts