2009 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
MSU deserves all the credit in the world for battling like they did. :up

Regardless, I NEVER felt the game was completely out of hand.

When the Spartans forced turnovers, made some threes, got the free throws, I kept thinking that a comeback was possible ala Kansas/Memphis a year ago.

It was a case of an early deficit that proved a bit too much to overcome.

Does this mean I'm no longer on your ignore list? (Just asking)

I honestly, honestly wanted to redeem myself for what happened after the Villanova regional final, what I said when Calipari was inching closer to the Kentucky job, and after the Michigan State/UConn game.

You're my friend, and I don't want our friendship to be forever tainted.

Like others have said, don't worry about it.

Just be your old self and everything will be cool.

No offense, but I'd rather discuss this game and another great season right now. :)

But again, great job on the post above! :up

It looks like I finished in fourth place in the Sat Guys bracket challenge, but that's only because I picked UNC to win the National Championship.

I'll be the first to admit that the scoring system they use is totally bogus, I got 32 points for the UNC win tonight! :eek: That's the only reason I even sniffed fourth place.

Congrats UNCRules and Anders!!! You guys earned it. MSU has nothing to be ashamed of. They busted it when nobody thought they had a chance and played there hearts out. How about the stat I heard which I believe said that UNC had a double digit lead in 154 out of the 240 mins!!! Also they trailed less than 10 mins. THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT!!! That's impressive!!!

Once again, congrats to UNC!!!

they trailed less than 10 mins. THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT!!! That's impressive!!!

That makes the LSU second-round game look more impressive.

McCoy's boys made them sweat more than any other tourney team, IMO.

Also, UNC beat some fine teams on the way-

Ranford, LSU, Gonzaga, Oklahoma, Villanova, Michigan State.

That includes four conference champions and the national player of the year.

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

What a season it's been. We played the perfect game in the 1st half. We could have beaten the Celtics and the Lakers the way we played tonight. What a game!

I have nothing against Michigan St. You guys beat two #1 seeds to get here and Tom Izzo is one of the best in the game. You are to the Big Ten what Memphis has been to C-USA, and yes I will continue to make fun of the rest of the Big Ten, sorry OSU fans. :D

They showed the students celebrating on Franklin St in Chapel Hill, OMG. :eek: Word to wise dook students, board up the windows in Derm. There's no telling what's coming your way, but it's only 8 sweet miles away. Look out. :D

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

They showed the students celebrating on Franklin St in Chapel Hill, OMG. :eek: Word to wise dook students, board up the windows in Derm. There's no telling what's coming your way, but it's only 8 sweet miles away. Look out. :D

Believe it or not, they keep showing the scenes from Chapel Hill on the Boston CBS affiliate (WBZ-TV).

It's quite the scene to say the least! :eek:

Congrats to UNC as they did play an almost perfect fist half and created a lead that nobody would have come back from.

It looks like I finished in fourth place in the Sat Guys bracket challenge, but that's only because I picked UNC to win the National Championship.

I'll be the first to admit that the scoring system they use is totally bogus, I got 32 points for the UNC win tonight! :eek: That's the only reason I even sniffed fourth place.
I'm happy with my bracket. I had the most overall correct picks (by 1 :D), but I just couldn't get them when it mattered....

State was just too careless with the ball.

21 turnovers led to 25 points by UNC.

In the end, Michigan State lost by 17. If they didn't turn the ball over as much, the game may have been a lot closer.

Oh well, kudos to UNC.

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

What a season it's been. We played the perfect game in the 1st half. We could have beaten the Celtics and the Lakers the way we played tonight. What a game!

I have nothing against Michigan St. You guys beat two #1 seeds to get here and Tom Izzo is one of the best in the game. You are to the Big Ten what Memphis has been to C-USA, and yes I will continue to make fun of the rest of the Big Ten, sorry OSU fans. :D

Dude, WTF do you have against the Big-10 and the Buckeyes?! Give me a break already. You give Michigan State credit, yet you slap the rest of the conference? You do realize there have been 3 different Big-10 teams that have made it to the NCAA Championship in the last 5 years, don't you? (Illinois- '05, OSU- '07 and M.State- '09). The Big 10 is NOT Conference USA! There are many well rounded programs that compete for the title every year from that conference.

By you continuing to carry on with your Big-10 bashing makes you look foolish.

State was just too careless with the ball.

21 turnovers led to 25 points by UNC.

In the end, Michigan State lost by 17. If they didn't turn the ball over as much, the game may have been a lot closer.

Oh well, kudos to UNC.

Oh yeah its not like UNC forced any of the turnovers. :rolleyes:
I think UNC would have just played harder then. They cruised through the 2nd half. This could have been a lot worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)