2009 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

Anyone notice that they are using special courts for most of these games? The NCAA had been using their own courts for the regionals for the past couple of years, but never in the early rounds. But they are not using their courts in Philly. They have the Sixers court there.

Anyone notice that they are using special courts for most of these games? The NCAA had been using their own courts for the regionals for the past couple of years, but never in the early rounds. But they are not using their courts in Philly. They have the Sixers court there.

I did notice that. What stood out for me in Philly: there was no "Philadelphia" on either endline. That has become a standard NCAA thing.

Kevin Harlan was saying during the Miss St-Wsh game that they have to clear the Rose Garden in between this game and the Akron-Gonzaga game.

It's because people buy tickets individually for afternoon and evening sessions. But MAN, there's still 5+ minutes left in this game, and the Akron-Gonzaga game is scheduled to tip-off in 40 minutes. That's cutting it close.

I know the NCAA goes through this every year (with the so-called "cocktail hour game"), but you'd think they'd push the start of the second session back an hour or so! :confused:

An obscure reference. Have you ever noticed how blue everything is? This might sound stupid but still. I mean the graphics are blue, the tables and skirts are blue, some of the basketball floors are blue, even the final four logo is blue. The table opposite the hard camera that has the two teams on...blue. Have you noticed that or even care?

Btw, does anybody know about the Jimmy Fallon reference I made earlier.

Michigan up on Clemson at the half. Clemson's playing with no heart. If Michigan weren't such a bad rebounding team they'd be in control.

Good one between Texas and Minnesota. This looks like it'll go to the wire.

Villanova is going on upset alert. If they lose to American on their HOME court it would be a shocker.

Michigan up on Clemson at the half. Clemson's playing with no heart. If Michigan weren't such a bad rebounding team they'd be in control.

They're only down by 3. This isn't like the 28-point deficit in the UConn game.

Villanova actually lost to Georgetown in the Wachovia Center a couple of weeks ago. That loss was pretty bizarre. Now they may go down to someone else from DC.

I actually am calling for an upset. I told you on Selection Sunday that Nova may have been overseeded!

I forget who, but the other night on ESPN someone said this would not be a shocker if it did indeed happen . . . let's re-visit this Duke run . . . beat Binghamton tonight, then either Texas or Minnesota and then UCLA, VCU or American . . . hmmm . . . :)

They're only down by 3. This isn't like the 28-point deficit in the UConn game.
Clemson's also not a 16 seed. They were in the top 10 earlier in the year and they completely mailed it in over last 3-4 weeks. Clemson's got way better talent than Michigan, but they are losing anyway. If it weren't for all the offensive rebounds Michigan gives up Clemson would be down by at least 10. But that's why I picked Michigan to win.

How is MLB Network?

NCAA Basketball 2008-09 Season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)