2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Hurricanes force a game 7 Tuesday night in Jersey.

What a night Tuesday is turning into:

Two NHL game 7's: Rangers-Caps and Canes-Devils

Two pivitol NBA game 5's with both series tied at 2: Bulls-Celtics and Sixers-Magic

Monday's Playoff Schedule- All Times Eastern

Chicago [CSN-Chicago(HD)] at Calgary [TSN(HD)]- Game 6- 9:30 PM

San Jose [CSN-Bay Area(HD) at Anaheim [Prime Ticket]- Game 6- 10:30 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD, CBC-HD, RDS-HD

Chicago [CSN-Chicago(HD)] at Calgary [TSN(HD)]- Game 6- 9:30 PM

San Jose [CSN-Bay Area(HD) at Anaheim [Prime Ticket]- Game 6- 10:30 PM
I feel Calgary will be victoriouis tonight, but Chicago will ultimately win the series. Also, if the Ducks are going to defeat the Sharks they had better do it tonight while they're at home. If not, they are "duck meat" should the series move back to San Jose for game 7. However, I think the Ducks are going to be feasting on Shark fajitas this evening. We shall see...

Man am I hungry!

Changes have now been made to this schedule. Here they are

Chicago [CSN-Chicago(HD)] at Calgary [TSN(HD)]- Game 6- 9:30 PM VERSUS HD (NO CENTER ICE FOR THIS GAME)

San Jose [CSN-Bay Area(HD) at Anaheim [Prime Ticket]- Game 6- 10:30 PM VERSUS HD (JIP) (This game has now been added to NHL CENTER ICE. Both feeds are going to be in NHL Center Ice.

Thank God the local FSN broadcast is available here for the game tonight. Last game was strictly on Versus and the both guys calling the game were just (IMHO) awful!

Changes have now been made to this schedule. Here they are

Thanks! :up

You mean to tell me I won't be able to see the Sharks-Ducks from beginning to end? :confused: :mad:

No offense to the Chicago-Calgary series, but the Sharks-Ducks is the much more compelling series right now.

Why couldn't they have moved the Blackhawks-Flames game to 8:30 ET? That way we'd only miss the first period of the Sharks-Ducks.

Thank God the local FSN broadcast is available here for the game tonight. Last game was strictly on Versus and the both guys calling the game were just (IMHO) awful!
I won't disagree, but I just wanted to add the coverage on Versus has actually improved this season (not saying much):

1. They are actually better than NBC (not saying much)
2. The studio show has somewhat improved over last season (again, not saying much...but there has been some improvement)

I enjoyed the NHL coverage for many years while they were on ESPN. While it wasn't like TSN or Hockey Night in Canada, the coverage was pretty good. Perhaps a bigger complains is why the lack of games on NHL Network. I finally got to a see game broadcast on NHL Network HD (Detroit versus Columbus) and it was really good because they used the Fox SportsNet HD feed from Detroit who were much better than Versus. Additionally, I noticed the folks at Fox SportsNet turned up the on-ice volume while, at the same time, muted the mics on the play-by-play guy and commentator. The folks at Versus should try this - it would be a 100% improvement.

Thanks! :up

You mean to tell me I won't be able to see the Sharks-Ducks from beginning to end? :confused: :mad:

No offense to the Chicago-Calgary series, but the Sharks-Ducks is the much more compelling series right now.

Why couldn't they have moved the Blackhawks-Flames game to 8:30 ET? That way we'd only miss the first period of the Sharks-Ducks.

Once again, it BEGS the question...why no NHL Network coverage?:confused:

OK, Versus says the Sharks and Ducks should be on right now, but the Blackhawks are still playing the Flames. Oh well...I would rather see the SJ-ANA game, but I must say that I am really enjoying the feed from TSN in Canada. Very nice!

Regarding the game, Chicago continues to lead 2-0 midway through the 2nd period. Calgary needs a few goals if they hope to push this one to game seven.

Well, that's it- Sharks are out, Ducks move in, and the West playoffs- once again- will run through Detroit.

It's amazing what one good stretch of hockey did for the Ducks. 13 games of very good hockey REALLY gave them confidence.

Oh well- there's always next year.

(BTW, I picked the Sharks to win it all- I am upset, but I will not cry and whine. I am not going to react the way I did for Michigan State and Villanova.)

This is not the first time a top-seed has lost to a #8 seed, BTW.

Since 1994, it has now happened eight times.

Bill, Jimbo, Wozniak- you guys have gone through that before (Detroit in 1994 and 2006, Bruins in 2002)- how hard is it to go through something like this?

This is certainly not the first time San Jose has failed to live up to high expectations.

Someone with a lot of positives that seems to be remembered more for their negatives- the Sharks are the hockey equivalent of Shannen Doherty.

The Western Conference Semifinals are set: Wings vs. Ducks (I never thought I'd say that at the start of the playoffs) and Canucks vs. Blackhawks.

The Eastern Conference Semifinal matchups will be decided after the two Game 7's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)