2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

This is not the first time a top-seed has lost to a #8 seed, BTW.

Since 1994, it has now happened eight times.

Bill, Jimbo, Wozniak- you guys have gone through that before (Detroit in 1994 and 2006, Bruins in 2002)- how hard is it to go through something like this?

It has happened many times before.

How hard is it ?

You deal with it for about a week and then move on to the baseball season, hopefully your team is playing well.

Or you look to see who you think will win or have a second team you follow.
Normally, once the Wings are out, I don't follow as closely the rest of the playoffs.

That said, I'll often finish following former Wings playing elsewhere.

Jimbo

This is certainly not the first time San Jose has failed to live up to high expectations.

Someone with a lot of positives that seems to be remembered more for their negatives- the Sharks are the hockey equivalent of Shannen Doherty.

Sabre's,
You REALLY dislike the Sharks don't you ?

The Sharks will win the Cup in the next 3 years.

They are playing alot like the Wings have in the past.
They have a former Wings assistant as their coach now.
You'll see improvements each year now.

How hard is it ?

You deal with it for about a week and then move on to the baseball season, hopefully your team is playing well.

Normally, once the Wings are out, I don't follow as closely the rest of the playoffs.

Jimbo

To any fans of the Sharks I can say this...I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I was in the same boat last October when the best record in baseball Angels got blown out in the 1st round of the playoffs. It's tough.

I shall say it for the 1,00th time...the regular season doesn't mean a thing anymore.:rolleyes:

Congratulations to your Ducks, KC.

I admit, this does sting because I thought San Jose was going to win it all, but I'm not going to take the low road and make stupid excuses or whine.

The better team won.

Congratulations to your Ducks, KC.

I admit, this does sting because I thought San Jose was going to win it all, but I'm not going to take the low road and make stupid excuses or whine.

The better team won.

What you said about the last 16 games was correct. Look at my posts around that time. I had respectfully given up on them saying they couldn't find themselves. Well, they sure made me eat my hat!!!

BIG, BIG hurdle to overcome at "the Joe" with that certain team in RED. Anything from here on out is considerd gravy as far as I'm concerned. Sure, I want the Ducks to go all the way. But, from where they have come this feels pretty damn good right now.

How hard is it ?

Jimbo

I stop watching the NHL as soon as the Wings are done also. Fortunately, more often than not, our run is usually long.

Bring on the Ducks.

GO RED WINGS!!!

What you said about the last 16 games was correct. Look at my posts around that time. I had respectfully given up on them saying they couldn't find themselves. Well, they sure made me eat my hat!!!

BIG, BIG hurdle to overcome at "the Joe" with that certain team in RED. Anything from here on out is considerd gravy as far as I'm concerned. Sure, I want the Ducks to go all the way. But, from where they have come this feels pretty damn good right now.

Enjoy the moment! And I do mean moment. I don't think you will find Hockey Town as accommodating.:river;)

Two huge Game 7's on tap tonight, with both the Bruins and Penguins awaiting the results.

Here are the scenarios depending on tonight's results:

BRUINS

IF Rangers win- Bruins will play the Rangers

IF Caps win and Hurricanes win- Bruins will play 'Canes

IF Caps win and Devils win- Bruins will play Penguins

PENGUINS

IF Caps win and Devils win- Penguins will play Bruins

IF Caps win and Hurricanes win- Penguins will play Caps

IF Rangers win and Devils win- Penguins will play Devils

IF Rangers win and Hurricanes win- Penguins will play 'Canes and have HIA

Two huge Game 7's on tap tonight, with both the Bruins and Penguins awaiting the results.

Here are the scenarios depending on tonight's results:

BRUINS

IF Rangers win- Bruins will play the Rangers

IF Caps win and Hurricanes win- Bruins will play 'Canes

IF Caps win and Devils win- Bruins will play Penguins

Who'd you rather face, Bill?

I picked the Red Wings as my Stanley Cup champion several months ago, but there's one team lurking out there that no one seems to be talking much about.....the Vancouver Canucks.

Watch out for the Canucks................my darkhorse to win it all.

I honestly think if the Ducks can stop doing what they've been doing all year...that is shooting themselves in the foot by taking meaningless penalties...then they stand a good, honest chance against the Wings.

This will be old-time hockey. Physical. The team that manages to stay out of the penalty box will prevail.

I picked the Red Wings as my Stanley Cup champion several months ago, but there's one team lurking out there that no one seems to be talking much about.....the Vancouver Canucks.

Watch out for the Canucks................my darkhorse to win it all.

Do we even have anybody from Canada here?

Games 1 and 2 have been announced for the Ducks-Red Wings series:

Fri.- at Detroit- 7:00pm ET
Sun.- at Detroit- 2:00 pm ET

The rest of the schedule, as well as the Blackhawks-Canucks schedule, will be announced later.

Games 1 and 2 have been announced for the Ducks-Red Wings series:

Fri.- at Detroit- 7:00pm ET
Sun.- at Detroit- 2:00 pm ET

The rest of the schedule, as well as the Blackhawks-Canucks schedule, will be announced later.

Looks like an early out on Friday for me. And I like that Sunday start time. Just in time for Sunday Brunch.;)

Tuesday's Playoff Schedule- All Times Eastern

NY Rangers [MSG(HD)] at Washington [CSN(HD)]- Game 7- 7:00 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD, TSN-HD, RDS-HD

Carolina [FS-Carolina(HD)] at New Jersey [MSG Plus(HD)]- Game 7- 7:30 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD(joined in progress), TSN2-HD, RIS

NBA Finals

Ryan Leaf - at least SOMEBODY wants him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)