2010-11 MLB Hot Stove

Then you combine...IF you are the highest paid player on the Yankees, then the team fails to win a championship....though you had a great year and did everything you could OTHER than sell peanuts or have an ERA under 4....and get blamed for not doing enough....I can see why you would not want to go there.

...and it doesn't help when they spit on your wife. ;)

Sandra

Out here in the blogosphere, there have been many comparisons made of Lee's decision to the LeBron free-agency situation of just a few months ago.

Does he stay where he is for very good money and be the primary star on a good team, does he go to New York and the big stage for very good money, or does he go to an unexpected team surrounded by an excellent supporting cast??

Sounds to me the only thing missing is the ESPN 'Decision"....

LOL! And just like the Lebron thing....NY gets left out....

LOL apparently this comes from some imagined knowledge base because I never said anything remotely resembling this. All I said was it's a little premature to make breathless comments like there is NO WAY the Yankees even win one playoff series next year.

But you already knew that...;)

Sandra

Remember....EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion.... Even me...;)

We interrupt this episode of "The Bickersons" for some actual Hot Stove News...

From the Cincinnati Enquirer:

Cincinnati Reds President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Walt Jocketty today announced the signing of OF Jay Bruce to a 6-year contract through the 2016 season with a club option for 2017.
trans.gif
Following last season, Bruce became eligible for arbitration under Major League Baseball's "Super 2" guidelines. In 148 games for the Reds in 2010 he hit .281 with 25 HR, 70 RBI and 5 stolen bases. In the dramatic 3-2 win vs the Houston Astros on September 28, his walkoff home run on the first pitch from Tim Byrdak clinched the National League Central Division championship.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming, which is getting pretty old!!!...:rolleyes:

Meh. This is all partially true. I would not predict Mariano or A-Rod will slow down yet. Posada will be replaced behind the plate, his bat will move to DH. We can be hopeful for better years from Texeira, Burnett, Chamberlain, and Jeter. Derek may have had a bad year this year, but he had arguably his best year last year. We'll see.

Cano is just a baby. Hughes was a starter for the first time last year. Gardner has large potential upside. Swisher is what he is.

And I'm not convinced Crawford was the best signing for Boston. A corner outfielder who does not hit home runs and relies on his legs, and will be getting up in years? We'll see. That signing could look good at first but backfire in the long run.

Cliff Lee is out of the AL, which is a good thing, and the Yankees may not be done yet. Let's wait and see.

I would only worry if my team played in the NL East and is not named the Phillies.

Sandra

Crawford is 29, HARDLY up in years ..... your yanks are older than that.

Obviously, being a Red Sox fan I'm thrilled that Lee isn't bringing his talents to the Bronx. BUT the combination of the money he left on the table AND having a chance to wear the most famous uniform in sports is rather perplexing!

I wonder if the players assoc. is going to jump in , like they did when A-ROD didn't take the most money ..... I doubt it, but you never know seeing it WOULD possibly effect the yankees. :rolleyes:

Out here in the blogosphere, there have been many comparisons made of Lee's decision to the LeBron free-agency situation of just a few months ago.

Does he stay where he is for very good money and be the primary star on a good team, does he go to New York and the big stage for very good money, or does he go to an unexpected team surrounded by an excellent supporting cast??

Hey cosmo, did you hear? This is the first time this has EVER happened! :rolleyes:

Sandra
These two are not even similar .... NY in this case is a hot bed for high paid and championships, in basketball they cant spell Championship.

Crawford is 29, HARDLY up in years ..... your yanks are older than that.

Well, my exact quote was 'will be getting up in years' during the contract. As I said, he's not up in years now. A player who relies on his legs is different from a player who doesn't. That said, I would have welcomed Crawford on the Yankees with open arms and worried about the future in the future.

Sandra

Well, my exact quote was 'will be getting up in years' during the contract. As I said, he's not up in years now. A player who relies on his legs is different from a player who doesn't. That said, I would have welcomed Crawford on the Yankees with open arms and worried about the future in the future.

Sandra

Why would you have been happy with him, but another team shouldn't be ?

These two are not even similar .... NY in this case is a hot bed for high paid and championships, in basketball they cant spell Championship.

I wasn't referring to basketball. He stated this is the first time the Yankees lost out on a free agent (out-Yankeed is how he put it), and that's far from the truth.

Sandra

I didn't say there were the same, but not even similar?? So you don't think that both: leaving their current teams, shunning NYC offers, and aligning themselves with top teammates on a surprise team is similar?? Wow.

Does one WS title in the last 11 seasons 'spell Championship'?? :confused:

I didn't say there were the same, but not even similar?? So you don't think that both: leaving their current teams, shunning NYC offers, and aligning themselves with top teammates on a surprise team is similar?? Wow.

Does one WS title in the last 11 seasons 'spell Championship'?? :confused:

The yankees is a destination most WANT to go to, the KNICKS is a location most try to AVOID if they can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)