2010-11 NBA pre-Season

Lebron ripping off his Cavs uniform the second he came off the court after their elimination loss to Boston said it all. Just amazingly disrespectful, and no common sense whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Isiah Thomas Has Decided To Take His Talents Away From The Knicks

And Knickerbocker nation collectively breaths a deep sigh of relief....

"After speaking with Commissioner Stern and Knicks executives, it has become apparent that my new agreement violates certain NBA bylaws. Because of this, I have decided to rescind my contract with the team."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/12/sports/basketball/12knicks.html?_r=1

And Knickerbocker nation collectively breaths a deep sigh of relief....

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/12/sports/basketball/12knicks.html?_r=1

Fuggetaboutit!!! There is on relief!

Trust me, Isiah is not leaving the Knicks. Not now, not ever.

There is a good chance the little man will be back working for little Jimmy in an official capacity by next Spring. Most likely Isiah will be named GM, quite possibly he will be named team president replacing Donnie Walsh, who has health issues.

Isiah was scheduled to be interviewed at 4PM yesterday on ESPN 1050 AM, the Knicks flagship station. Isiah showed up at the studio, but received a call from the Knicks before 4PM telling him not to go on. He didn't.

This is going to turn into another psychotic Isiah soap opera. :rolleyes:

Our best hope is that Isiah bankrupts the Knicks the way he bankrupted the CBA, so Dolan has to sell the team. It's the only way we'll get rid of Isiah for good.

Sandra

Barkley Calls out LeBoob!

It started with a Tweet by LeBron..

"Don't think for one min that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone."

Then Sir Charles responded...

"I heard about LeBron's little Tweet today that he's remembering everybody who said anything bad about him," Barkley said. "And he said 'everybody.' Well, I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that
  • ."

• "I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move, and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland. Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me."

He's got enough people kissing his ass with his family and all the people who work for him," Barkley said. "We don't have to tell him what he wants to hear all the time. That's one of the reasons why ... some of these young guys ... my opinion is he should have stayed in Cleveland.

Like or hate him. Sir Charles says it like it is and bows to no one! Wow! Take that LeWho! :eek: :D

It has nothing to do with Charles Barkley being great or not great. Barkley's assesement of what Lebron did is right on the money! :up

Lebron sounds like a spoiled baby. 'I'm taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me'. Oh my goodness, get over yourself already. :rolleyes:

Not everyone works for ESPN and will fawn all over you.

Sandra

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with Charles Barkley being great or not great. Barkley's assesement of what Lebron did is right on the money! :up

Lebron sounds like a spoiled baby. 'I'm taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me'. Oh my goodness, get over yourself already. :rolleyes:

Not everyone works for ESPN and will fawn all over you.

Sandra

MOST, if not all of his comments have always been spot on. I like Charles, but being older, a professional analyst...got twitter for twitter is childish and stooping down. But hey....it's just Charles being Charles....;)

MOST, if not all of his comments have always been spot on. I like Charles, but being older, a professional analyst...got twitter for twitter is childish and stooping down. But hey....it's just Charles being Charles....;)

Not sure what you said but yes Charles was spot on here.

Sandra

I don't think he was a "punk" and quite honestly....You may not agree with HOW he did it.....but to exchange childish twitter messages...well, it's childish. Especially from a 40 years old man. Next thing you know, Charles will be inviting him to a street fight.

Tonight, the Pro Basketball Hall of Fame inducts Scottie Pippen (a guy Salsa knows well, having traveled with the Bulls in their heyday) and Karl 'The Mailman' Malone.

Hmmmm....I think he is gone. The age of taking JUST the money, with Lebron and Bosh's move to Miami, could be over and this could be the new trend.

Carmelo Anthony unsure on extension

Updated: August 15, 2010, 10:00 AM ET

ESPN.com news services

HIGHLANDS RANCH, Colo. -- Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony says he has no timetable on when he'll decide whether to sign the team's $65 million, three-year extension that's been on the table all summer.

During his annual basketball camp at ThunderRidge High School, Anthony said he's displayed his loyalty to Denver and the Nuggets over the last seven seasons, but "I'm just taking my time, figuring out if I want to take that extension or not."

The Nuggets are searching for a new general manager but Anthony said that person won't factor into his decision.

"I think my decision is my decision," Anthony said, according to The Denver Post. "I don't think it's based on who is in the front office or anything like that. I'm going to make my decision based on my feelings."

Anthony could become the headliner of the 2011 free agent class if he decides not to sign the extension or exercise the option on his current contract, which would pay him $18.5 million in 2011-12.

"I could wake up tomorrow and they could snatch it off the table," Anthony said, according to the Denver newspaper. "I don't know. I don't know what their mind-set is."

Anthony said his loyalty to the Nuggets' fanbase and organization has never wavered.

"I've shown that over my seven-year stint here," he said, according to The Denver Post. "I don't think anybody can question that. But at this point in time, I have to do what's best for me and my family. I'm just taking my time, figuring out if I want to take that extension or not."

Anthony has plenty of financial incentives to sign the deal because the league will have a new collective bargaining agreement after next season that is expected to be far less lucrative for players.

So by declining Denver's offer, Anthony could be leaving tens of millions of dollars on the table.

That's a major reason the Nuggets are confident that Anthony will sign their extension offer. Many executives around the league believe he will sign it as well. Under league rules, Anthony has until July 1, 2011 to accept the offer. The Nuggets official said Denver will not impose its own earlier deadline on Anthony.

If Anthony doesn't accept the offer, it would seemingly be a sign that he doesn't want to continue his career in Denver.

Denver Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony say he's undecided on contract extension - ESPN

Udonis, Udonis....Udonis...!!!

Until I see MORE, gonna not say much. BUT......:facepalm

Updated: August 16, 2010, 10:40 AM ET

Udonis Haslem's passenger claimed pot

Associated Press

MIAMI -- A passenger in Udonis Haslem's vehicle told the Florida Highway Patrol that marijuana found after a weekend traffic stop on a South Florida highway was his. The Miami Heat forward's lawyer believes that should vindicate the NBA veteran.

Eric Schwartzreich, Haslem's attorney, said Monday that the State Attorney's Office is reviewing the arrest paperwork, a process that should be completed in the coming days.

Haslem was arrested Sunday afternoon and charged with possessing more than 20 grams of marijuana, a third-degree felony, along with four counts of possessing drug paraphernalia.

"He's a little rattled," Schwartzreich said. "He's upset. He doesn't know how he can be charged with this."

Haslem was freed from custody late Sunday night, about seven hours after a trooper pulled him over for driving 78 mph in a 60 mph zone on the Gratigny Parkway. Haslem's 2008 Mercedes sedan was searched multiple times, and marijuana was eventually found in a blue nylon bag that the Heat player's passenger, Antwain Fleming, said belonged to him.

Both were transported into police custody. Court records show Fleming faces a charge of possessing less than 20 grams of marijuana, a first-degree misdemeanor. It's unclear why Haslem could face the stiffer charge.

"We are confident Udonis Haslem will be vindicated," Schwartzreich said. "We have a situation where the passenger admits the marijuana was his and Mr. Haslem tells police nothing was in the vehicle.

"I think the police report speaks for itself," Schwartzreich added. "I am hopeful that Udonis Haslem will not be charged."

Haslem's car, worth more than $100,000, may face forfeiture, according to court records. The speeding ticket brings a $269 fine, and FHP spokesman Sgt. Mark Wysocky said Haslem was also cited for having illegal window tint.

Udonis Haslem's lawyer says Miami Heat forward will be vindicated - ESPN

I'm not even going to comment on that selfish certain someone and all of his 3rd person references in the latest GQ interview. Completely ridiculous the ego and self love this traitor has.

I'm not even going to comment on that selfish certain someone and all of his 3rd person references in the latest GQ interview. Completely ridiculous the ego and self love this traitor has.

The Flagship Station for South Florida Sports

The interview with the writer of that story was much more interesting than the article itself.

I don't know if you would be interested, but give it a listen.

hmmm.....LOL!

Interesting comments I read on Charles Barkely's quotes:

What's really funny is that Barkley is now a hypocrite too.

Why would you want James to stay in Cleveland? Wasn't it YOU that said last year that it's a dreary city? That it would be horrible to live there?

Barkley's quote on a TNT broadcast was "there is no reason to live in Cleveland, that’s why they call it the mistake by the lake. They didn’t come up with that for no reason."

So then why not applaud James choosing to move to sunny South Florida? Why not congratulate him for taking less money to play for titles instead of more money to boost his ego and bank account?

Is it because you went on record as saying that "nobody in their right mind is going to leave $30 to $40 million on the table."

Some people are actually fiscally responsible Chuck. Some know how to invest wisely and avoid giant losses due to a gambling addiction.

It seems Barkley is just spewing garbage and that aroma emanating from his mouth is one of sour grapes.

What's wrong Chucky? Is it lonely in that club of former NBA stars without rings. Is Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing's company not enjoyable enough? Did you really desire to see James join you in the abyss of darkness and depression that is being a has been with no ring?

Too damn funny! I LOVE Charles Barkley and his candidness....but he was busted on with this quote.....:haha:clap

LeBron James Would Be an Ideal Role Model for Charles Barkley | Bleacher Report

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts