2010-11 NBA pre-Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Rondo might not make TEAM USA

...interesting....

Rajon Rondo thinks he's on the bubble

By Chris Sheridan

ESPN.com

ATHENS, Greece -- Somebody is going to get cut from Team USA after Wednesday night's exhibition game against Greece, and Rajon Rondo has no illusions about where he stands.

"I think I'm on the bubble," Rondo said Tuesday. "Just looking at the obvious -- I got a DNP last game. That pretty much speaks for itself."

After losing his job as the starting point guard to Derrick Rose last weekend in Madrid, Rondo's stock has fallen to the point where it now appears he is third on the point guard depth chart behind Rose and Russell Westbrook.

But Rondo is not the lone player on the bubble, a fact Danny Granger acknowledged.

"I just think it really depends on what the coaches want from the team," Granger said at the OAKA Arena after the American team practiced in the very same building where the 2004 Olympic team received their bronze medals. "If we take more of a defensive approach, I could be [on the bubble]. If we take more of an offensive approach, then it's different. It just depends on what they want to do."

Coach Mike Krzyzewski said he will go with the same starting lineup against Greece that he used in Sunday's one-point victory over Spain, using Rose at the point, Chauncey Billups at shooting guard, Kevin Durant at small forward, Andre Iguodala at power forward and Lamar Odom at center.

Rajon Rondo believes he's on the bubble for last cut from U.S. national team - ESPN

Derrick Rose...........okay, I can buy that.

BUT Russell Westbrook over Rajon Rondo??!!! :eek: Are you freakin' kidding me? :rolleyes:

But you know what?

That's fine, Rajon can get some more rest before the drive for 18 commences! ;)

Derrick Rose...........okay, I can buy that.

BUT Russell Westbrook over Rajon Rondo??!!! :eek: Are you freakin' kidding me? :rolleyes:

But you know what?

That's fine, Rajon can get some more rest before the drive for 18 commences! ;)

18 loses in the Championships?;):D

Did Otis EVER win anything?

...LOL!

Riley specifically cited Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith and former NBA star turned analyst Charles Barkley as examples of people who took what the Heat president thought were unwarranted shots at the way the Heat went about business this summer. He also mentioned Magic coach Stan Van Gundy -- Riley's former protege in Miami -- as well.

On the day after Miami signed James to a six-year contract that lured him away from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Smith said, "I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor."

Riley responded to that Friday, saying Smith made "an absolutely stupid remark. He never made any kind of comment like that when he signed Rashard Lewis and he brought him down from Seattle with a $128 million contract."

Miami Heat's Pat Riley takes shot at critics, longs for Heat to play - ESPN

Why does Pat Riley have to worry about who is taking warranted, unwarranted, or any other kinds of shots at the Heat? Just relax Pat, you signed all the best players, now go win a championship with them and stop fretting over who is saying what. This isn't Middle School. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Why does Pat Riley have to worry about who is taking warranted, unwarranted, or any other kinds of shots at the Heat? Just relax Pat, you signed all the best players, now go win a championship with them and stop fretting over who is saying what. This isn't Middle School. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Absolutely Correct.....!! Are you listening Charles Barkley, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan ......?!

;)

Commentators shouldn't comment? That's their JOB!!! ;)

Sandra

And Team Presidents cannot answer the question of "how do you feel about all the comments being said by superstars like Michael, Magic and Charles?"

He is just being honest and answering the question. He has not said a peep since the free agency thing ended. ;)

Absolutely Correct.....!! Are you listening Charles Barkley, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan ......?!

;)

OK so you do agree THIS comment, that Charles Barkley, et al are acting like middle schoolers, is ridiculous. Barkley is a commentator and he commented. If you don't like his comments, that's your issue. ;)

Sandra

OK so you do agree THIS comment, that Charles Barkley, et al are acting like middle schoolers, is ridiculous. Barkley is a commentator and he commented. If you don't like his comments, that's your issue. ;)

Sandra

It is ridiculous in the sense that IF you make a comment that is heard/seen by the entire basketball world....is not gonna get a reply back. Especially now that everything gets into the internet and is across the planet in 2 seconds.

I just learned a few days ago that the Celtics signed Delonte West to what I expect would be the veteran minimum. Another good move for a team that is way over the cap. He is as close to a plug-in sub for Rondo as you are going to find at that price. Now, the Celtics still need to find a shooting guard.

I just learned a few days ago that the Celtics signed Delonte West to what I expect would be the veteran minimum. Another good move for a team that is way over the cap. He is as close to a plug-in sub for Rondo as you are going to find at that price. Now, the Celtics still need to find a shooting guard.

I just heard about that too. Good pick-up. He just needs to keep his head straight.

Danny Ainge liked Delonte when he played here the first time.

As far as the shooting guard goes, I'm hoping Marquis Daniels comes back strong after an injury riddled year.

Not a bad 2nd unit.....

Interesting read on the Miami Heat's bench I read in a blog:

Over the past couple of weeks since the hype surrounding the Big 3 has died down, critics have been analyzing and critiquing the depth that Miami has. Many say it is their downfall; many say that this lack of depth will be the difference between Miami and teams like Orlando, Los Angeles and Boston.

Oh how wrong they are.

Pat Riley deserves a medal. He took the bare scraps of cap room, and transformed it into a formidable second unit. Lets run through the bench.

Provided Mario Chalmers gets the nod and starts as point guard, and Joel Anthony starts at the Five, Miami's bench and main rotation will consist of:

Mike Miller: One of the best three point shooters when he's on his game. He does a bit of everything; plays defence, hits shots and is a willing passer. Playing along with Dwyane Wade and LeBron, he will be getting plenty of open looks. Definitely has to be considered when discussing the 6th Man of the Year award.

Udonis Haslem: The ultimate work horse. UD led the league in double-doubles off the bench last year, in only 26 minutes of action per contest. He does a lot in the minimal minutes he receives, and his minutes will likely drop again this season. But for the time he is on the court, he will put in the hard yards and do all the dirty work.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas: While the big man is getting on in years, he is still a veteran big man, who gives Miami a presence in the paint. He can stretch the defense with his reliable mid-range game, and his chemistry with LeBron is well known.

Eddie House: Pure. Energy. The fans loved Eddie all those years back, and they will surely do the same now. Eddie brings another shooter to the mix alongside Mike Miller. Expect him to come into the game and hit big shots off the bench.

Carlos Arroyo: Solid backup point guard, with an amazing assist to turnover ratio. He can be a reliable spot up shooter, just as long as its inside the arc. Likes to create for others, and is a future RnB superstar. That's got to count for something, right?

Magloire/Howard/Pittman: This trio offers 18 fouls on other big men, and two veteran presences with a lot of NBA experiences, and a big, potential-filled rookie in Pittman. All big bodied bruisers who can try and stop other bigs.

While there may be other elite teams with more depth than Miami, what many are calling the Heat's one true weakness isn't really looking that weak. I'm sure this second unit can't wait to silence the many critics they have amounted over the past couple of months.

To The Depths: Why The Miami Heat Bench Is Up to Par | Bleacher Report

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts