2010-11 NBA pre-Season

Not a real asterisk. But some people will place their own asterisk next to it. That's just the way they feel. ;)

Sandra

And you are MORE the entitled to your 'feelings'. But that does not take away from the fact that they will work JUST as hard to get in shape and will play just as hard, if not harder to win a ring. An not you, me or anyone else will change that because of how you "feel". 25 years down the line, while those that made fun of these journey men more than likely will be living irrelevant lives, some of the these 'journey men' will be telling great stories of playing in the NBA for multiple teams and playing with 2 of the best players to ever play in our lifetime.;)

I don't know man, I just think this whole ordeal has been completely unethical.

Several teams slashed salaries for years (ie. losing on purpose) just to save enough cap space to try and lure the high priced free-agents. If I was a fan during that time, I'd be furious. Then, it's no secret that Pat Riley put the bug in LeBron's ear that he could have the potential to play with his buddy D-Wade down in South Beach. Even though the Cavs didn't pursue grievances, there were talks that were out of bounds. Then there's the whole tank job and mysterious elbow at the end of the year.

There's one thing that fans have absolutely no tolerance for:

Not giving it your all.

LeBron didn't give his all during last year's playoffs.
The Heat, Knicks and other teams front offices didn't give their all the last several years by fielding a competitive team.

That type of attitude and way of doing business shouldn't be rewarded.

Now you are accusing MULTIPLE teams of throwing the towel on purpose...on top of accusing a guy of quitting and throwing the playoffs....

...wow dude. Really....wow.....

I will just say I disagree on.

Why didn't you bitch about all this conspiracy theories when CC left, or Lee left or when Martinez left....

Dude, I love your passion HD....hell, I made fun of you when put and open letter to Lebron and the Cavs here in the forum. It was just kidding, but one thing I NEVER made fun was your passion for Cleveland sports teams....but know you are acting WAY beyond a jilted love. It's like that stalker boyfriend that now watches the ex when she gets home from a date.

...I love ya dude....but just let it go man.

And you are MORE the entitled to your 'feelings'. But that does not take away from the fact that they will work JUST as hard to get in shape and will play just as hard, if not harder to win a ring. An not you, me or anyone else will change that because of how you "feel". 25 years down the line, while those that made fun of these journey men more than likely will be living irrelevant lives, some of the these 'journey men' will be telling great stories of playing in the NBA for multiple teams and playing with 2 of the best players to ever play in our lifetime.;)

See, that's an issue. He should play just as hard every time he sets foot on court.

Another thing I'm pissed about is this: LeBron signed a 4-year rookie contract, then a 3-year extension with the Cavs. Then, he goes to Miami and right off the bat signs a 5-year deal (longer than any contract he's ever signed with the Cavs) and is out recruiting other players to come to Miami. He NEVER put any effort into recruiting players to Cleveland! NEVER! And every time a significant player did become available, their #1 question would be this: "Will LeBron be here past his current contract", to which he couldn't give them an answer. LeBron held this team hostage and he has just as much, if not more blame when it comes to those who think this team didn't do everything in their power to put star players around him.

And you are MORE the entitled to your 'feelings'.

Except they are not MY feelings. I think players should be allowed to play anywhere they like, and if certain players want to play together, that's their prerogative.

I do think Lebron James winning a championship with Miami (by joining what he feels is a ready made championship team) will contribute considerably less to his legend when all is said and done that winning a championship in Cleveland or New York would have, but if that's the route he wants to go, who cares.

No asterisk from me.

But that does not take away from the fact that they will work JUST as hard to get in shape and will play just as hard, if not harder to win a ring. An not you, me or anyone else will change that because of how you "feel". 25 years down the line, while those that made fun of these journey men more than likely will be living irrelevant lives, some of the these 'journey men' will be telling great stories of playing in the NBA for multiple teams and playing with 2 of the best players to ever play in our lifetime.;)

'Irrelevant lives'? Is that how you see yourself because you don't play in the NBA? :confused:

Sandra

Last edited:
See, that's an issue. He should play just as hard every time he sets foot on court.

Another thing I'm pissed about is this: LeBron signed a 4-year rookie contract, then a 3-year extension with the Cavs. Then, he goes to Miami and right off the bat signs a 5-year deal (longer than any contract he's ever signed with the Cavs) and is out recruiting other players to come to Miami. He NEVER put any effort into recruiting players to Cleveland! NEVER! And every time a significant player did become available, their #1 question would be this: "Will LeBron be here past his current contract", to which he couldn't give them an answer. LeBron held this team hostage and he has just as much, if not more blame when it comes to those who think this team didn't do everything in their power to put star players around him.

SO are now saying that other than 'tanking the playoffs with Boston', he did play hard in OTHER times? The way I look at it, the 3 year extension gave the Cavs a chance to improve their team to win a championship...and they didn't. He got tired of it. It sucks, but it is what it is. The ONLY way he was gonna sign with Miami, was the 6 year ma:mad:last two years, player option and them team option). Now, where did you get he never tried recruiting? I have heard the opposite. YEP, Lebron DID hold the team and city...just like a ton of OTHER free agents and owners have.

Now you are accusing MULTIPLE teams of throwing the towel on purpose...on top of accusing a guy of quitting and throwing the playoffs....

...wow dude. Really....wow.....

I will just say I disagree on.

Why didn't you bitch about all this conspiracy theories when CC left, or Lee left or when Martinez left....

Dude, I love your passion HD....hell, I made fun of you when put and open letter to Lebron and the Cavs here in the forum. It was just kidding, but one thing I NEVER made fun was your passion for Cleveland sports teams....but know you are acting WAY beyond a jilted love. It's like that stalker boyfriend that now watches the ex when she gets home from a date.

...I love ya dude....but just let it go man.

It's not a conspiracy, it's true. The Miami Heat and NY Knicks slashed salaries in anticipation for the 2010 offseason. In doing so, they chose to field less competitive teams in the years leading up to it.

SO are now saying that other than 'tanking the playoffs with Boston', he did play hard in OTHER times? The way I look at it, the 3 year extension gave the Cavs a chance to improve their team to win a championship...and they didn't. He got tired of it. It sucks, but it is what it is. The ONLY way he was gonna sign with Miami, was the 6 year ma:mad:last two years, player option and them team option). Now, where did you get he never tried recruiting? I have heard the opposite. YEP, Lebron DID hold the team and city...just like a ton of OTHER free agents and owners have.

Go back and read my post you quoted in this response. I already explained why the team couldn't get the coveted "star players" to surround him. He held them hostage for not committing.

Except they are not MY feelings. I think players should be allowed to play anywhere they like, and if certain players want to play together, that's their prerogative.

I do think Lebron James winning a championship with Miami (by joining what he feels is a ready made championship team) will contribute considerably less to his legend when all is said and done that winning a championship in Cleveland or New York would have, but if that's the route he wants to go, who cares.

No asterisk from me.

4 years ago, when Kobe DEMANDED that the Lakers get rid of Shaq AND Jackson because they were blocking his limelight....he was almost in the same boat. As soon as Lebron wins 2 or 3 championships....it will be Kobe part deux.

Funny how before it was "if he would have stayed in Cleveland"....now New York is added to the statement...:rolleyes: If he wins 3 championships in Miami, his legend will be huge as the player that opted out of his home town, took less money and did it his way!

'Irrelevant lives'? Is that how you see yourself because you don't play in the NBA? :confused:

Sandra

My life if FULL of great events...and I didn't have to downgrade NBA journey men's careers to do it.

4 years ago, when Kobe DEMANDED that the Lakers get rid of Shaq AND Jackson because they were blocking his limelight....he was almost in the same boat. As soon as Lebron wins 2 or 3 championships....it will be Kobe part deux.

Funny how before it was "if he would have stayed in Cleveland"....now New York is added to the statement...:rolleyes: If he wins 3 championships in Miami, his legend will be huge as the player that opted out of his home town, took less money and did it his way!

And if he doesn't, it will blow up in his face 10-fold!

Not sure what the point is here...

Funny how before it was "if he would have stayed in Cleveland"....now New York is added to the statement...:rolleyes:

New York is added because, like in Cleveland, he would be on team that did not have a lot of other good players...and was HIS team, not Dwyane Wade's. Of course, you knew that. :rolleyes:

If he wins 3 championships in Miami, his legend will be huge as the player that opted out of his home town, took less money and did it his way!

Totally disagree, as do many others.

My life if FULL of great events...and I didn't have to downgrade NBA journey men's careers to do it.

Oh, so you've never said or typed an unkind word about any professional player. Got it. Jeesh. :rolleyes:

Sandra

It's not a conspiracy, it's true. The Miami Heat and NY Knicks slashed salaries in anticipation for the 2010 offseason. In doing so, they chose to field less competitive teams in the years leading up to it.

They did not slash salaries, they did not ADD salary. In anticipation of the free agent blitz. Teams in EVERY SPORT do this. Why is this any different? Alot of the NBA did this, not just Miami. Do you want the list? More than likely, it was about 1/4 the NBA.

Miami
New York
New Jersey
Chicago
LA
Atlanta
Minnesota
Washington
Toronto
Milwaukee

And those were the obvious teams.

You know, thinking about it....isn't this collusion in another way? Hmmmm......

I know it's not as sexy as Miami signing Eddie House, but did anyone mention on here that the Lakers signed Matt Barnes away from Orlando? Yes, THE Matt Barnes who stuck the ball in Kobe's face last year. This is a nice signing. Barnes is very tough.

So not only have the Lakers signed two guys in the last two years who Kobe had physical issues with, they have picked up TWO great defenders. I wonder what they're preparing for? ;)

Sandra

I know it's not as sexy as Miami signing Eddie House, but did anyone mention on here that the Lakers signed Matt Barnes away from Orlando? Yes, THE Matt Barnes who stuck the ball in Kobe's face last year. This is a nice signing. Barnes is very tough.

So not only have the Lakers signed two guys in the last two years who Kobe had physical issues with, they have picked up TWO great defenders. I wonder what they're preparing for? ;)

Sandra

LMAO!

In the history of the NBA, only two players have gotten traded more than 10 times: Chucky Brown and Tony Massenburg (12 times each).

At just 32 years old, Eddie House has a shot at the record.

I think this writer was right on the mark.

Eddie was a class act here in Boston, and as far as know everywhere else he played!
You might wonder why a proven playoff shooter has played for eight teams in his seven post-Heat seasons.
The reason is quite simple: the 6’1’’ House has always been a shooting guard trapped in a point guard’s body.
If House were four or five inches taller, a team definitely would have overpaid him by now.
But because House lacked the playmaking and dribbling skills to be a true point guard, coaches had to play small ball to get House in the game.
This often meant that House was lined up against shooting guards five or six inches taller, so his defensive liabilities sometimes cancelled out his shooting ability.

The Miami Heat’s acquisition of Eddie House is a perfect example of the type of smaller moves that don’t make many free agency headlines, but can ultimately pay dividends in May and June.
To understand House’s value to a veteran, win-now team like the Heat, you have to have seen a few of House’s playoff performances and not just look at his stats.
(Although he is a career 39% three-point shooter. Not exactly shabby.)
Those who have kept an eye on the Heat’s 2000 first-round pick know that the 32-year-old guard’s hot shooting has swung more than a few playoff games.
Over the course of his ten-year career, House developed from a natural scoring guard, who was talented but erratic, into a proven playoff contributor with the Suns and ultimately a champion in Boston.
Most recently in the 2009 Playoffs, his last playoff run in Boston, House made 18-of-37 three-pointers (49%) for an injury-riddled Celtics team.
The highlight was his Game 2 performance against Orlando (31 points, 4-4 three-pointers), which led Boston to victory and leveled the series.

I think this writer was right on the mark.

Eddie was a class act here in Boston, and as far as know everywhere else he played!

Nice post Bill, not too shabby for a 'journey man' from the "scap heap"....:up

Like I said, when Miami wins a couple of championships, in 25 years...he will have plenty of stories to tell his grandkids regard TWO sets of "big three" he played with.;)

Nice post Bill, not too shabby for a 'journey man' from the "scap heap"....:up

Like I said, when Miami wins a couple of championships, in 25 years...he will have plenty of stories to tell his grandkids regard TWO sets of "big three" he played with.;)

Like I said before, it's these "journeymen" that will ultimately make or break a championship run.

The Heat wouldn't win a championship with LeBron,Wade, Bosh and the cast of Sat Guys sports section. :D

Just like the Celtics wouldn't have won in '08 if they didn't supplement their Big 3 with supporting parts.

Like I said before, it's these "journeymen" that will ultimately make or break a championship run.

The Heat wouldn't win a championship with LeBron,Wade, Bosh and the cast of Sat Guys sports section. :D

Just like the Celtics wouldn't have won in '08 if they didn't supplement their Big 3 with supporting parts.

:up

well that kills THAT rant....

..funny how some, especially those in the know, think that you did not have to search the "scap heap" to find a very decent team after the main three!

D-Wade, LeBron and Bosh have lots of backup in Miami

Posted Jul 30 2010 6:08PM

So much for the notion that Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh would have to scour the sands of South Beach to fill out their Superteam.

Remember what it was like on the morning after The Decision, when everyone was speculating about whether Pat Riley would be coming out of the executive suites -- not to coach, but to play -- after the Miami Heat gave away everything but the Atlantic Ocean to land their Three Kings?

DLC & the D Leaguers. That was one suggested nickname.

Moe, Larry Curly and a Dozen Shemps. That was another.

But here we are three weeks later and the magician Riley keeps right on pulling rabbits out of his hat.

The Supremes are assembling a decent group of backup singers that can actually carry a tune and just might be able to carry some of the weight. Rather than running everybody else off just because they took the lion's -- and the tiger's and the elephant's -- share of the money available under the salary cap, the Supe's have instead been more like a chicken leg dropped at a picnic. The worker ants are being drawn from miles and miles away just by that tasty scent of championship hope.

Nobody is ready to rank the Heat bench up there with the all-time best in NBA history. But the Lakers have won consecutive titles with a backup bunch that is hardly fearsome and it's a long way from the disaster many were predicting for Miami just short while ago.

NBA.com: D-Wade, LeBron and Bosh have lots of backup in Miami

..funny how some, especially those in the know, think that you did not have to search the "scap heap" to find a very decent team after the main three!

D-Wade, LeBron and Bosh have lots of backup in Miami

Posted Jul 30 2010 6:08PM

So much for the notion that Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh would have to scour the sands of South Beach to fill out their Superteam.

Remember what it was like on the morning after The Decision, when everyone was speculating about whether Pat Riley would be coming out of the executive suites -- not to coach, but to play -- after the Miami Heat gave away everything but the Atlantic Ocean to land their Three Kings?

DLC & the D Leaguers. That was one suggested nickname.

Moe, Larry Curly and a Dozen Shemps. That was another.

But here we are three weeks later and the magician Riley keeps right on pulling rabbits out of his hat.

The Supremes are assembling a decent group of backup singers that can actually carry a tune and just might be able to carry some of the weight. Rather than running everybody else off just because they took the lion's -- and the tiger's and the elephant's -- share of the money available under the salary cap, the Supe's have instead been more like a chicken leg dropped at a picnic. The worker ants are being drawn from miles and miles away just by that tasty scent of championship hope.

Nobody is ready to rank the Heat bench up there with the all-time best in NBA history. But the Lakers have won consecutive titles with a backup bunch that is hardly fearsome and it's a long way from the disaster many were predicting for Miami just short while ago.

NBA.com: D-Wade, LeBron and Bosh have lots of backup in Miami

This article is the opinion of one Fran Blinebury. When Fran Blinebury speaks, people better start listening! :rolleyes:

House, Ilgauskas, Howard, Arroyo...middle of the road at best. And don't forget, two of them have to start, they're not all on the bench.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)