2010-11 NBA pre-Season

This article is the opinion of one Fran Blinebury. When Fran Blinebury speaks, people better start listening! :rolleyes:

House, Ilgauskas, Howard, Arroyo...middle of the road at best. And don't forget, two of them have to start, they're not all on the bench.

Sandra

Arroyo will start....he was only 2nd in the NBA in assist-to-turnover ratio. And Joel Anthony will start to do two things only. Play defense and rebound....as someone else stated, ANY basket he makes will be by accident. Miami's big three just have to come close to their average and they would be the highest averaging trio in NBA history.

Arroyo will start....he was only 2nd in the NBA in assist-to-turnover ratio. And Joel Anthony will start to do two things only. Play defense and rebound....as someone else stated, ANY basket he makes will be by accident. Miami's big three just have to come close to their average and they would be the highest averaging trio in NBA history.

There is only one ball... ;)

Sandra

It's going to be difficult for three guys to come close to their career averages when each will be taking significantly less shots.

Sandra

again.....that was said in Boston....

You're making my point. Allen's, Garnett's, and Pierce's points per game stats all went down when they started playing together. They almost had to because there is only ONE ball.

I'm not saying Miami can't win IF they are willing to sacrifice stats and play team ball. Winning wasn't your point, and it's not mine either. Everyone expects Miami to win with what they've brought in. But expecting their scoring stats to remain close to their career averages is probably as likely as it was in Boston. ;)

Sandra

You're making my point. Allen's, Garnett's, and Pierce's points per game stats all went down when they started playing together. They almost had to because there is only ONE ball.

I'm not saying Miami can't win IF they are willing to sacrifice stats and play team ball. Winning wasn't your point, and it's not mine either. Everyone expects Miami to win with what they've brought in. But expecting their scoring stats to remain close to their career averages is probably as likely as it was in Boston. ;)

Sandra

I am making my point. WHAT is so different about this team from other teams that had a super three? NONE. These guys have ALREADY made the ultimate sacrifice....taken LESS money to sign a better support cast. When was the last time a team did that....ah....the Celtics of a few years ago. This is not the NBA of 10 years ago. That macho bull**** of trying to be the man AND take all the money is gone now. This will be the trend when Miami produces a couple of NBA championships....there will be two sample sizes....The Celtics of a couple of years ago and now this team.

What I find interesting is that just about every NBA analyst has agreed that Riley had done a great job in signing a great supporting cast.....except in here. LOL!:rolleyes:

Also, didn't we have a huge debate HERE that if Wade and Lebron were to switch teams, the HEAT would be better because of Lebron's ability to make everyone including the peanut and beer vendor better? NOW he has Wade AND Bosh, what has changed? Has he gotten WORSE?! Ah...no. I don't get you guys...LOL!
Different uniform, same player. RIGHT NOW, this HEAT team is much better than anything the Cavs have ever had. And suddenly, the consensus here is that they won't....too funny.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas Thanks Fans in Sunday Morning Ad

Class act. Cleveland understand's what you had to do Big Fella. We wish you well and will root you on every step of the way. Thanks for the memories. You'll always hold a special place in our hearts...

Dear Cleveland,

When I came to this country 14 years ago, I was a young man who barely spoke the language and had no idea what to expect of this great country.

As I look back on those early days, I realize how lucky I was to have grown up in a place like Cleveland. All of you have taught me the importance of family and friends; of pulling together to get things done; of loving your country.

I’ve never felt as proud as when I’ve pulled on the wine and gold and stepped onto the court.

I’ve tried my best to return that support by playing as hard as I could each and every game.

The decision to play for Miami was not an easy one to make for either myself or my family.

But as I enter the last few years of my career, I felt I owed it to myself and my family to chase my dream of winning an NBA championship.

I hope you understand.

I also hope you realize that Cleveland will always be home to me.

With love and appreciation,

Zydrunas “Z” Ilgauskas

http://media.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/photo/ilgauskas-adjpg-5a767a72c8032494.jpg

LeBron, 3 Days Following Z's Ad, Decides to Thank Fans.... of Akron? Snubs Cleveland

"For all my life, I have lived in Akron, and for that, I am truly a lucky man," the letter read. "It was here where I first learned how to play basketball, and where I met the people who would become my lifelong friends and mentors. Their guidance, encouragement, and support will always be with me."

"Akron is my home, and the central focus of my life. It's where I started, and it's where I will always come back to. You can be sure that I will continue to do everything I can for this city, which is so important to my family and me. Thank you for your support…you mean everything to me."

Wow. Not one mention of Cleveland. Wow. Just Wow. You'd think LeTraitor's PR staff would learn from the Decision Debacle. What a coward.

Move over Ben Roethlisberger and Art Model. Cleveland has a new top enemy.

LeBron thanks Akron and only Akron in full-page ad - Game On!: Covering the Latest Sports News

Wow. Not one mention of Cleveland. Wow. Just Wow. You'd think LeTraitor's PR staff would learn from the Decision Debacle. What a coward.

Move over Ben Roethlisberger and Art Model. Cleveland has a new top enemy.

LeBron thanks Akron and only Akron in full-page ad - Game On!: Covering the Latest Sports News

Lebron James just doesn't get it, and he never will. For all of his bazillions of dollars, one thing he can't buy is common sense. He makes A-Rod seem media savvy. :eek:

Sandra

Lebron James just doesn't get it, and he never will. For all of his bazillions of dollars, one thing he can't buy is common sense. He makes A-Rod seem media savvy. :eek:

Sandra

LeBron is so dumb, he makes Mike Tyson, OJ Simpson, Plaxico Burress and Ricky Williams look like geniuses in comparison!

Some schedule highlights that were announced tonight.............

Opening Night- October 26

Miami at Boston- 7:30pm ET/4:30pm PT (TNT)
Houston at LA Lakers- 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT (TNT)

Christmas Day

Chicago at New York- 12:00 noon ET/9:00am PT (ESPN)
Boston at Orlando- 2:30pm ET/11:30am PT (ABC)
Miami at LA Lakers- 5:00pm ET/2:00pm PT (ABC)
Denver at Oklahoma City- 8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT (ESPN)
Portland at Golden St- 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT (ESPN)

Martin Luther King, Jr Day, Jan.17

Chicago at Memphis- 1:00pm ET/10:00am PT (ESPN)
Sacramento at Atlanta- 4:00pm ET/1:00pm PT (NBA-TV)
Orlando at Boston- 8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT (TNT)
Oklahoma City at LA Lakers- 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT (TNT)

Watch Lebron take out some sort of ad or make some sort of donation the week he returns to Cleveland, in an attempt to curry favor. He needs better advisors. Or common sense. :rolleyes:

Sandra

LeBron Returns to Cleveland on Dec. 2 - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Four months. That's how long Cleveland will have to store up their pent-up rage towards LeBoob.

lebron_fans.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)