2010-11 NCAA College Basketball

Was surfing last night and saw that TruTV (aka CourTV) is now running ads for the "First 4" for the tourney in HD starting March 15th.

Also, the local CBS affiliate has powered up their SD sub-channel so they can carry at least 2 games at a time, when need be, OTA. Maybe CBS will quit cutting off games mid-game and show all of them, now that the games will be split between CBS and the TW stations? One can only hope.

I cannot remember a conference ever having a year when top ranked teams are beaten at home over and over and over again. It's just staggering.

Sandra

Watchable games this weekend:

Saturday
12:00 PM Missouri-Kansas State, ESPN
12:00 PM Syracuse-Georgetown, CBS
2:00 PM BYU-San Diego State, CBS
2:00 PM St John's-Villanova, ESPN
4:00 PM Arizona-UCLA, Fox Sports Net
4:00 PM Florida-Kentucky, CBS
4:00 PM Texas-Colorado, Altitude, MASN, ESPN Full Court
4:30 PM Michigan-Minnesota, Big Ten Network
7:00 PM Seton Hall-Notre Dame, ESPN U
9:00 PM Duke-Virginia Tech, ESPN
9:00 PM Texas A&M-Baylor, ESPN U

Sunday
12:00 PM West Virginia-Rutgers, Sportsnet New York, MASN, ESPN Full Court
12:00 PM Connecticut-Cincinnati, ESPN U
1:00 PM Purdue-Michigan State, ESPN
2:00 PM Pittsburgh-Louisville, CBS
4:00 PM Indiana-Ohio State, CBS
6:00 PM Northwestern-Wisconsin, Big Ten Network
7:45 PM Maryland-North Carolina, Fox Sports Net
10:00 PM Washington State-Washington, Fox Sporst Net

Enjoy!

Sandra

What is the record for most wins by a team against teams ranked above it? It is however many such wins St. Johns has this season.

All of the 'Cuse's wins against ranked teams(5 and counting) were against teams that were ranked. St. John's has 6 wins against ranked teams...very impressive.
St. John's (19-9, 11-5 Big East) has beaten six ranked opponents this season; the only other team in the country that can boast that is No. 5 Texas. And on Saturday, for the first time this season, the Red Storm toppled a Top 25 team on the road.

In fact, the last time St. John's beat a ranked team away from home was Jan. 17, 2002, against No. 22 Boston College.

St. John's Red Storm close fantastic February with victory over No. 14 Villanova - ESPN New York

Kentucky needed that win over Florida tonight. I was there to see it too. :D

Well, Bama probably blew the chance at an at large bid with a loss to Ole Miss. Thats two very ugly games that we have played in a row. Got lucky and won the first, not so much this time.

If we can get by Florida and Georgia we still may have an outside shot. If not, we better run the table in the tourney to get in.
On a plus note, Florida lost, so we are still tied for the SEC reg season title. Game against Florida will more or less decide it.

It is a good thing the katz play home games as they have fared so poorly on the road this year.

How are they going to do on their final road games of the season and the tourney? Neighbors are hoping that the coach will be able to get the kids out of their usual ambivalence.

It will be a tough game. I don't expect them to win, but who knows.

When do the updated AP Top 25 and ESPN/USA Today weekly rankings get released? It's 9:25 and they still haven't been updated on ESPN.com. I thought that when USA Today began producing it own rankings a couple of decades ago that they got the jump on the AP Rankings and came out late Sunday Evening. I thought that I used to first see them in the early 1990s on ESPN's Sunday Evening sports hour hosted by Fred Hickman.

Update: I see that the February 28, 2011 AP Top 25 is available at CBSSports.com.

Last edited: